Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 138. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 05:12:25 AM
Soma ICO Extended until 15th of November Due to Big New Developments

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT Now Listed On Exchanges

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

New Advisors and Marketing Team

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Increased Traction and Detailed Roadmap

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

More Big News Coming Soon

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Some people look like missed the announcement. Making a quote looks like a good idea Wink
Not a bad idea since there is no feature to pin this post except add it to the first page.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 04:57:48 AM
So far they have collected approximately 18176ETH. Even with the extension of the term of sale, the time period is not very successful for this. Because of this uncertainty with the fork in November. Faster would have already happened this fork, and even better, so that this does not happen.

Yes, maybe they should have finished the token sale before and just announced another one after the next fork. Well, now it's too late, as the current extension is already running.
You mean another ICO round? if so, i think it wont be so different from extending it.

I think extend is better then another ICO round. Another ICO round will be harder to explain to initial investors
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
October 28, 2017, 04:24:46 AM
I think expand ICO it was not a good idea... Im invested before few days ICO ends, and hope to exchanges...

They will announce some great news soon. It wasn't there best move but in long term you will be very happy Smiley. Hope they announce some more news soon!

Well, we all kinda expected the extension since BTC fork messed up the crypto economy so its a good move by the devs. 
Are there any news about their interactive item card patent? I know the process can be quite long but they didnt release any more information about that except its patent-pending.
Activity: 154
October 28, 2017, 03:52:51 AM

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Some people look like missed the announcement. Making a quote looks like a good idea Wink

Looks like Soma is ready to continue even if ICO is a bit low for them. Keep working on build that empire Soma!
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 28, 2017, 03:11:09 AM

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 28, 2017, 03:00:10 AM
Which neww you mean? I hope they will release Android app for test?
Activity: 490
October 28, 2017, 02:53:20 AM
So far they have collected approximately 18176ETH. Even with the extension of the term of sale, the time period is not very successful for this. Because of this uncertainty with the fork in November. Faster would have already happened this fork, and even better, so that this does not happen.

Yes, maybe they should have finished the token sale before and just announced another one after the next fork. Well, now it's too late, as the current extension is already running.
You mean another ICO round? if so, i think it wont be so different from extending it.
Activity: 588
October 28, 2017, 02:47:52 AM

it's gonna be enough if the devs decide to continue, and they will.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 28, 2017, 02:34:44 AM
I think expand ICO it was not a good idea... Im invested before few days ICO ends, and hope to exchanges...

They will announce some great news soon. It wasn't there best move but in long term you will be very happy Smiley. Hope they announce some more news soon!

What are you referring to? Where did you get that they will announce some great news? Telegram? Slack? Link please..
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 28, 2017, 01:04:13 AM

Activity: 280
Merit: 106
October 28, 2017, 12:59:10 AM
Now with ICO extension I would really appreciate if they'll publish a detailed article about business model because it's unclear

Indeed!
Now SOMA has time to do so much more during this ICO. I just cant wait for the android app Cheesy

The more they can do, they more investors they will convience to join this ICO!
Keep it up team!

I am so curious if they will manage to finally launch a working android app in the next 20 days. That can't be that hard, right? After all their iOS app is already working for weeks.

The porting of an app is not that slow, believe should be ready by then if they have somebody already working on it
It all depends on your team and resources that they have available. In my opinion soma has both of them  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
October 28, 2017, 12:29:25 AM
Now with ICO extension I would really appreciate if they'll publish a detailed article about business model because it's unclear

Indeed!
Now SOMA has time to do so much more during this ICO. I just cant wait for the android app Cheesy

Keep it up team!

I am so curious if they will manage to finally launch a working android app in the next 20 days. That can't be that hard, right? After all their iOS app is already working for weeks.

The porting of an app is not that slow, believe should be ready by then if they have somebody already working on it
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 12:24:26 AM
I can't installed the IOS demo.

Which one should i input ?  the UDID or Apple account email ?

I hate this kind of registration . Facebook , Google or existing platform linking would be so convenient .

I don't trust the linking to your other accounts, hackers already may have your information there, so linking it will put you at risk, better create an account in the platform itself, Facebook shouldn't know about where your investments are.
Activity: 672
Merit: 261
October 27, 2017, 11:46:55 PM

I hate this kind of registration . Facebook , Google or existing platform linking would be so convenient .
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 27, 2017, 10:28:23 PM

Activity: 554
Merit: 251
October 27, 2017, 10:07:18 PM
I just had a discussion with a friend, he said he didn't believe in a social platform where people can also sell things. I replied by saying that for many platforms I didn't believe they would get big, like Facebook (because there were many forums/platforms before Facebook) or Instagram. So this opened my eyes. Never judge but do your research

I was around for the time that the internet started. I had discussion with people how email is different from internet. Most people I know never thought they would need to sent an email. We have letters right?
Technology comes first, people have to adapt.

A better mouse trap can always be built. Sometimes people don't realize then need something until they use it.

I always try to teach that lesson to people. I've read that it took over 100 years from the invention of the automobile to the first paved roads that changed the infrastructure of the whole world. When the infrastructure improved, the technology took over. People would no longer ride horses, but cars were the new standard. With crypto we need as many projects as possible to change infrastructure for the regular people, only then will it start being used by the common folks and not the nerds.

Great thoughts mates, really make sense

Ye, I agree  we are participating in the building of the infrastructure, as we are the users, investors and judges of new projects, which aim to make cryptocurrencies more spendable, secure, faster etc. The technology is getting ready to take over Smiley
Activity: 392
October 27, 2017, 09:32:19 PM

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 27, 2017, 08:17:14 PM
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
October 27, 2017, 08:13:49 PM
Activity: 350
October 27, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

Indeed!

Keep it up team!

It would be most ideal if they could come up with positive news about project  development during the extended ICO phase. Smiley

Moreover if team can launch android app during the extended ico, maybe much people will try it and give positive feedback for soma, also more people will consider to buy soma token
Jump to: