Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 63. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 297
November 15, 2017, 04:18:18 AM
hope we will see soon a big marketing campaign fpr SOMA? Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
November 15, 2017, 04:05:13 AM
Yes remember that soma already raised more than 6 millions $ and that the soft cap is already reached, so the developpement of soma will go on very well. The ico is sucessfull and il impatient to see the soma platform !
Raised more than $6 millions i think very impressive while market condition unstable because some reasons like segwit2x issue before. I hope with that money the team can developt Soma project in accordance with their road map

You have to put this $6M into perspective. I think most of the money came from the angel investors, so Soma won't have such a big community than this amount would hint at.

I wonder what this Angel Investors must think currently as the project hasn't raised as much as they probably thought. But anyways, to be honest, I think $6M is more then enough to start with. If the platform is working out and people want to use it, they will also generate enough revenue to expand. A lot of projects before had much less money to start with and still worked out. I really can't understand why recently a lot of projects just want to raise unrealistic hard caps. Even in the non crypto world projects start with less money, and they get it.

I don't think the Angel investors invested for ico success, actually ico funding only good for Soma itself. They invested in soma and probably give enough money to start.

If soma platform will be success Angel investors will sell their tokens with good profits if not we all know what happens...

Yes, I think they invested their money independently from the ICO. And I am sure they saw/see real potential in the project. Otherwise they wouldn't have invested such a big amount of money in it. That's why I was wondering why didn't more private investors saw the same opportunity in Soma as the Angel investors?
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
November 15, 2017, 03:55:42 AM
Yes remember that soma already raised more than 6 millions $ and that the soft cap is already reached, so the developpement of soma will go on very well. The ico is sucessfull and il impatient to see the soma platform !
Raised more than $6 millions i think very impressive while market condition unstable because some reasons like segwit2x issue before. I hope with that money the team can developt Soma project in accordance with their road map

You have to put this $6M into perspective. I think most of the money came from the angel investors, so Soma won't have such a big community than this amount would hint at.

I wonder what this Angel Investors must think currently as the project hasn't raised as much as they probably thought. But anyways, to be honest, I think $6M is more then enough to start with. If the platform is working out and people want to use it, they will also generate enough revenue to expand. A lot of projects before had much less money to start with and still worked out. I really can't understand why recently a lot of projects just want to raise unrealistic hard caps. Even in the non crypto world projects start with less money, and they get it.

I don't think the Angel investors invested for ico success, actually ico funding only good for Soma itself. They invested in soma and probably give enough money to start.

If soma platform will be success Angel investors will sell their tokens with good profits if not we all know what happens...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Become Part of the Mining Family
November 15, 2017, 03:38:33 AM

Yes! Marketing is key for these kinds of products... if they would develop something to make this go viral, it would even be better.
But viral marketing is very very very expensive.

Sometimes viral marketing starts with a good plan. Lets say SOMA hires a celebrity like Messi, who wants to sell his football clothing on SOMA and the money will go to a charity. Something like that would attract many new users.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
November 15, 2017, 03:17:05 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 263
November 15, 2017, 02:44:37 AM

it remains to be seen, but if you're right, they better put most of that money into marketing.

Yes! Marketing is key for these kinds of products... if they would develop something to make this go viral, it would even be better.
But viral marketing is very very very expensive.
Activity: 350
November 15, 2017, 02:44:26 AM
curious to see of many people buy just before ico's end  Cheesy
The same with me, only some hours left before this ico ends. Maybe in the last minutes there are big investors who interested and consider to buy all remaining token, anything can happen
Activity: 1078
Merit: 340
November 15, 2017, 02:38:04 AM
curious to see of many people buy just before ico's end  Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
November 15, 2017, 02:27:12 AM
To be part of the community you can just buy the token and start using the market later on. I dont see an issue with the amount raised at the moment. I guess sosme people didnt invest but still following the project
Activity: 588
November 15, 2017, 02:19:11 AM

it remains to be seen, but if you're right, they better put most of that money into marketing.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
November 15, 2017, 01:54:01 AM

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
November 15, 2017, 01:36:36 AM

I think so, if they can consistently follow the roadmap i see a great future. People will start using a market like this in no time
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
November 15, 2017, 01:31:00 AM
Seems like the days that ICOs selling out are over. I guess ICOs should lower their expectations and maybe sell less tokens

ICO's extension didn't turn out well, it was predictable, they extended ICO without pushing marketing in an aggressive way
It really is more a matter of aggressiveness in marketing and expanding fame than reducing sales. There are many other Icos around with absurd marketing and less potential than Soma, and they are reaching their high goals. Soma has potential for me

SOMA has indeed more potential than the some hyped ICOs out there. I think it is very underrated
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
November 15, 2017, 01:29:30 AM
I have barely seen any presence from them at all. Any increase in advertising would have been good the past weeks. Kind of surprising for a startup with social in its name.

I've seen on facebook that SOMA has been posting some articles/updates every day or two, but I agree that there could have been a larger focus on the marketing area.

I am not a Facebook expert but if they are trying to raise millions I can tell they need way more activity than that. Every day or two... they should consider rebranding to Asoma!

Maybe they think they raised enough and don't want to spend money on marketing anymore. Marketing is very expensive you know.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 15, 2017, 01:06:45 AM
I have barely seen any presence from them at all. Any increase in advertising would have been good the past weeks. Kind of surprising for a startup with social in its name.

I've seen on facebook that SOMA has been posting some articles/updates every day or two, but I agree that there could have been a larger focus on the marketing area.

I am not a Facebook expert but if they are trying to raise millions I can tell they need way more activity than that. Every day or two... they should consider rebranding to Asoma!

maybe, if they want to raise investor from fb, they should keep active on fb.
update everyday, not per two days

To get facebook investors, they need a campaign in facebook, just updating is not enough, that will only get to keep the already investors and community members updated, nothing more, but I thing that SOMA has already done enough ads, we are kind of set already for the platform, not as we all wanted, but good enough to start.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 293
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
November 15, 2017, 12:30:04 AM

maybe, if they want to raise investor from fb, they should keep active on fb.
update everyday, not per two days
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
November 14, 2017, 11:43:37 PM
Seems like the days that ICOs selling out are over. I guess ICOs should lower their expectations and maybe sell less tokens

ICO's extension didn't turn out well, it was predictable, they extended ICO without pushing marketing in an aggressive way
It really is more a matter of aggressiveness in marketing and expanding fame than reducing sales. There are many other Icos around with absurd marketing and less potential than Soma, and they are reaching their high goals. Soma has potential for me

Marketing could work, but it needs to be smart marketing, not aggressive imho. You know, like "sell me this pen" -type of clever.

And also kind of suprising for someone who collects money. I know they are busy with development probably but still.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
November 14, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
SOMA is nice social platform for trading. They already have alpha version ready. Once platform release price will go up. This is long term hold

they have MVP release in Q2 2018, and Beta in Q1 2018... But price will increase, when people will be buy and sell goods on their platform...

Wait... Minimum Viable Product in Q2 and Beta in Q1? How does that work? Shouldn't that be other way around?

They will launch MVP in Q2 2018 and Demo in Q1 2018. What you say about? Demo its only demo... its not a fully functionale platform.
You can see their roadmap

https://soma.co/

What are you talking about? Closed beta must be close because roadmap says Q4 2017 (maybe, because they haven't answeres about this), open beta in Q1 2018 and final release on Q2 2018. Closed beta is very important because usually it's almost the same as final release minor some UI/UX improvements

And? You read what I wrote? I said, what i read in roadmap. You can check this.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
November 14, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

In that case, SOMA is pretty confident because it has an angel investor backing them. But ideally, they should have conducted an aggressive marketing campaign. Imho. Smiley
Its okay if they dont reach their hard cap, now they just need to start from some countries that fits perfectly with this project (social marketplace)
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
November 14, 2017, 06:54:37 PM

Pages:
Jump to: