Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ISR] Isracoin - The Israeli cryptocurrency - page 10. (Read 110740 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
What's a brain wallet?

In short: A wallet created based on a phrase you make up that lives in your mind and nowhere else and when put into a generator, will always give the same exact address again and again so you can always access it just by remembering your phrase. (kind of like a password, but not exactly).

more details:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Brainwallet
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
What's a brain wallet?
y80
Activity: 145
Paper wallet - Accomplished!
(Also serves as a brain-wallet generator)

http://kishur.co.il/isracoin-paperwallet/

The folding pattern is unique for Isracoin and is rather cool, making a little card at the end, built like an envelope of sorts, protecting the priv key

(Hebrew only for now - feel free to make an English version of this)

And thanks to Itai Arbel for the great work!

Looks good, someone make an English version of this. Smiley good progress
Paper wallet - Accomplished!
(Also serves as a brain-wallet generator)

http://kishur.co.il/isracoin-paperwallet/

The folding pattern is unique for Isracoin and is rather cool, making a little card at the end, built like an envelope of sorts, protecting the priv key

(Hebrew only for now - feel free to make an English version of this)

And thanks to Itai Arbel for the great work!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Come get your ISR!

http://www.hasher.ca

PROP reward system
Worker Stats
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
Auto ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: wallet address OR Global Key (ProfitPorts)
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3524

ISR go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your ISR!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Hey guys! I've moved ISR off this pool and into my new BTC paying Multipool.  Would love some more testers as I've got no fee's during this period. Here are the details:

xpool - BTC Multipool

PROP reward system
Scrypt & SHA256 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:
Cheers and Happy Hashing!
FYI - One of our Israeli community members is now contributing a paper-wallet generation site, currently in Hebrew, with a really nice design for Isracoin.

Once its out, we'd love for someone to do an English version of it, in case he doesn't have the time to do so.
Thanks Yossi, for the helpful comments and suggestions bout the service as well.
We will try to implement improvements for the site as soon as we can.
Activity: 39
Hi all,

We have soft-launched our Local Isracoin service in Israel.
This is a Hebrew website based on HTML5 responsive design, aimed at the non-crypto public who wants to buy/sell ISR using local Fiat for face-to-face trading.
The system is location based and allows the two parties of the trade to communicate and set the terms and location for the trade.
We will most likely get some TV exposure for this and hopefully it will become the #1 go-to place for people in Israel to trade their coins.
This may also affect the online exchanges, as traders will most likely use their bitcoins to buy at an exchange and sell into the local market in Fiat.

There is more to come and we will update soon.
One more step in the right direction.
Wishing you good luck in it's implementation.
Your success is mine too.
Yossi(k)
Hi all,

We have soft-launched our Local Isracoin service in Israel.
This is a Hebrew website based on HTML5 responsive design, aimed at the non-crypto public who wants to buy/sell ISR using local Fiat for face-to-face trading.
The system is location based and allows the two parties of the trade to communicate and set the terms and location for the trade.
We will most likely get some TV exposure for this and hopefully it will become the #1 go-to place for people in Israel to trade their coins.
This may also affect the online exchanges, as traders will most likely use their bitcoins to buy at an exchange and sell into the local market in Fiat.

There is more to come and we will update soon.
Activity: 39
somebody told me that all your orphan coins end up living in refugee coin camps with a big firewall around them!!!!! If there was a table full of these coins wwjd ? Would he overturn them because they support apartheid ? Would he make a  scourge of power cords and whip your computers? Or would he buy atheist coins because he is about as real a Zues?
Get life man, and why are you wasting your energy for nothing?
My grandmother told me once  - If you have nothing good to say, say nothing!
And she was right (as usual Smiley )
What the hell ISR has in common with apartheid?
This is a crypto coin forum and not a place for political debate platform.
And who is that 'somebody told me that...' you're full of it!
Name that person, I would like to know too..and perhaps, get wiser.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
somebody told me that all your orphan coins end up living in refugee coin camps with a big firewall around them!!!!! If there was a table full of these coins wwjd ? Would he overturn them because they support apartheid ? Would he make a  scourge of power cords and whip your computers? Or would he buy atheist coins because he is about as real a Zues?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Don't forget about https://c-cex.com/ They have recently added a merchant service: https://c-cex.com/?id=merch
This opens up a lot of possibilities for providers of goods and services to start accepting ISR as a method of payment. If you are a provider of goods and services, or know some one who is, by all means look into this method of adopting ISR as a form of payment. Every brick added strengthens the foundation, no matter how big or how small.

y80
Activity: 145
The exchange discussion makes sense however exposure on a large exchange increases the visibility of the coin. Furthermore, listing the businesses accepting the coin at phase II shows businesses that are not sure about isracoin that yes, other businesses are accepting it thereby increasing exposure. Am I wrong?
We are very happy to see hashrate has gone up quite a bit these past few days and would like to remind everyone to also put some hashrate into the Isracoin Multipool at http://isrmultipool.info/  (either scrypt or x11)

Also, anyone who wishes to help grow Isracoin the right way, please feel free to get pool operators to open ISR pools (MPOS, P2POOL).
We definitely need more hashrate in the network.

Activity: 42
Are there any plans and efforts to get this coin listed on one of the big exchanges? Thanks

without getting too much into the exchange debate, we tend to agree that the real value of Isracoin should come from its widespread adoption in Israel, both by businesses and individuals. This is what we are working on mostly and it is a process.

As for your examples of supporting startups and such, you should look at our Phase-IV of the Isracoin plan which talks exactly about this. It is planned for further down the line, when the infrastructure and value are there and allow for this to happen.

We appreciate the feedback!

And if you or any other Israeli wish to help locally, please contact us.
(Of course anyone from the international community is more than welcome to help in other ways, to bring awareness to the coin, especially for mining and other types of support)

I PMed you about the idea some days ago. Stating I would like to lead this initiative. But I need support from Isracoin Coop board.
Are there any plans and efforts to get this coin listed on one of the big exchanges? Thanks

We are certainly not against it and we have tried discussing it with them, voting for it and so on, but it seems most big exchanges these days either expect huge payments to get listed, or they just don't accept new coins.

We have been up for voting on Mintpal for a long time now and on Cryptsy as well. We've done giveaways for voting even.
We've tried talking with Poloniex a few times and they never gave us a straight answer.

We welcome any help from the community on getting into the larger exchanges, be it via public pressure, voting or paid votes.

I liked that type of offensive position Isracoin PR has took in last days (the IDF defence credo.. "attack" ), cleaning up scum rumors.

However, I don't think any big exchange like Mintpal, Poloniex would provide any type of help to stability of coin.
Usually, when Coin enters such an exchange it gets nothing but a huge damage in Mid Range perspective.
There are very few exceptions - the new PoS based coins. Others suffered a x10 value damage and lost supporters.
The big exchanges are having Pump groups playing around new coins.
Usually, any pump activity leaves Coin at lower value when it was before (sometimes 50% of what it was).

I would suggest to avoid a new exchanges, up until coin volatility will reach some 10%, so that e.g: 100BTC pump player may not change the coin value more than 10%.

Instead of this...
There should be a game-changer initiative to adopt the coin in a wide public.
e.g:
Why have Isracoin Phase I AirDrop been limited to existing confirmed businesses?
Its a huge mistake...
We are the "startup nation".
Most of startups are living years as an ideas, and starting development ahead of any government authorisation...accounting or bank financing...

What if...just as an example...Isracoin will fill a role of "Madan Rashi" for startups whiling to accept Isracoin both as investment and payment?
The kickstarter...There people will decide/vote for idea to win a support of pre-mine Isracoin.

If we want Isracoin to be different from any other...while being really authentic Israeli...this is a way.

without getting too much into the exchange debate, we tend to agree that the real value of Isracoin should come from its widespread adoption in Israel, both by businesses and individuals. This is what we are working on mostly and it is a process.

As for your examples of supporting startups and such, you should look at our Phase-IV of the Isracoin plan which talks exactly about this. It is planned for further down the line, when the infrastructure and value are there and allow for this to happen.

We appreciate the feedback!

And if you or any other Israeli wish to help locally, please contact us.
(Of course anyone from the international community is more than welcome to help in other ways, to bring awareness to the coin, especially for mining and other types of support)
We welcome any help from the community on getting into the larger exchanges, be it via public pressure, voting or paid votes.

Really, I wouldn't be too concerned with the exchanges right now, the "pump and dumpers" would only hurt ISR's value. I believe what is needed now is a full scale promotional campaign, bring it to the people, merchants, payment processors, everyone you can think of. And I don't mean just giving them coins, I mean teaching them how the coin can help them or make their financial situation better or their life easier. That's the key.

If you raise public awareness high enough the value will increase and the exchanges will come to you. That's the healthy, long term answer, in my opinion at least.

RJF

This is exactly what we are working on. It just takes time, more people, more support and so on.
And we'll say this - we are truly encouraged by the long term perspective most of this community is taking towards Isracoin. It is absolutely great because that is how we see it and how we designed it from day one.

RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...

Really, I wouldn't be too concerned with the exchanges right now, the "pump and dumpers" would only hurt ISR's value. I believe what is needed now is a full scale promotional campaign, bring it to the people, merchants, payment processors, everyone you can think of. And I don't mean just giving them coins, I mean teaching them how the coin can help them or make their financial situation better or their life easier. That's the key.

If you raise public awareness high enough the value will increase and the exchanges will come to you. That's the healthy, long term answer, in my opinion at least.

RJF
Activity: 42

We are certainly not against it and we have tried discussing it with them, voting for it and so on, but it seems most big exchanges these days either expect huge payments to get listed, or they just don't accept new coins.

We have been up for voting on Mintpal for a long time now and on Cryptsy as well. We've done giveaways for voting even.
We've tried talking with Poloniex a few times and they never gave us a straight answer.

I liked that type of offensive position Isracoin PR has took in last days (the IDF defence credo.. "attack" ), cleaning up scum rumors.

However, I don't think any big exchange like Mintpal, Poloniex would provide any type of help to stability of coin.
Usually, when Coin enters such an exchange it gets nothing but a huge damage in Mid Range perspective.
There are very few exceptions - the new PoS based coins. Others suffered a x10 value damage and lost supporters.
The big exchanges are having Pump groups playing around new coins.
Usually, any pump activity leaves Coin at lower value when it was before (sometimes 50% of what it was).

I would suggest to avoid a new exchanges, up until coin volatility will reach some 10%, so that e.g: 100BTC pump player may not change the coin value more than 10%.

Instead of this...
There should be a game-changer initiative to adopt the coin in a wide public.
e.g:
Why have Isracoin Phase I AirDrop been limited to existing confirmed businesses?
Its a huge mistake...
We are the "startup nation".
Most of startups are living years as an ideas, and starting development ahead of any government authorisation...accounting or bank financing...

What if...just as an example...Isracoin will fill a role of "Madan Rashi" for startups whiling to accept Isracoin both as investment and payment?
The kickstarter...There people will decide/vote for idea to win a support of pre-mine Isracoin.

If we want Isracoin to be different from any other...while being really authentic Israeli...this is a way.

Pages:
Jump to: