Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ISR] Isracoin - The Israeli cryptocurrency - page 12. (Read 110740 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
So far about 130 businesses have registered and a few dozens have gone through the verification process. We are still working on verifying the other businesses.
This process still needs refining and work and we are also working on assembling a team to deal with it and push it forward.

This is great news! I've always believed in isracoin, I hope everything turns out as you planed! Keep us informed on when Isracoin will be accepted in israeli businesses!!!
y80
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
We will also try to get to putting together a "yellow pages" of sorts for businesses that have started accepting Isracoin.
Adding that to our Todo list.

That sounds like a good plan. Are you going to put this list up on your website?
It would obviously help whoever receives his/her Isracoin if they know where they can use it.
Activity: 197
We will also try to get to putting together a "yellow pages" of sorts for businesses that have started accepting Isracoin.
Adding that to our Todo list.
So far about 130 businesses have registered and a few dozens have gone through the verification process. We are still working on verifying the other businesses.
This process still needs refining and work and we are also working on assembling a team to deal with it and push it forward.
y80
Activity: 145
any update on the list of merchants and businesses accepting Isracoin?
Activity: 26

sorry but again this is not the main issue, the main issue is the misleading of the Israeli bitcoin community after the 6 founders (most of them from the Israeli bitcoin community) together agreed to make a multi sig and than after a month Dan refuses and lost the trust of the team.
but this was long ago, its a real shame that nobody let you guys know.
the other problem is by misleading you guys by not telling you that the second phase was a colossal fail and no firm accepted Isracoin.
the thing you should ask yourself is why didn't  you know about all that and thought that everything is ok when most of the Isracoin team and the Israeli community have long left the ship.
the american guy behave and try to treat the public and the community like an asshole.
the problem is distrust in the guy that hold now the 400M coins, this is the reason that there will probably be a true Israeli coin soon.

Sounds to me like the 6 founders who left were in it for a quick buck..

I mean they were part of it but bailed. Not all that reliable in my opinion.

But that's what i am getting from all this .. Not that i know anything. Or really care
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Didn't want to spread any FUD when the troll was going at it, but I did look that the chain explorer for the 1st phase and there was 1 ISR left the wallet. Now it makes more sense. Thanks for speaking the truth and I've double my ISR  Cheesy
Activity: 23
Yes! Good job keeping us in the loop, I will continue to support you guys in the small way's that I can. I do believe in this coin and know it will catch on keep up the hard work.
I already sent a pm on the Israeli forum but just in case I'll mention it here: feel free to contact me if you're short on staff! Everything from programming to spreading fliers face to face

We'd love to get you on board helping the project! (no PM seems to have arrived in the forum though, so you can reach out via skype Isracoin or email [email protected])

Anyone who believes they can help Isracoin grow, in Israel or elsewhere, is more than welcome.
Activity: 39
Wawwoooo!
Now the shit hits the fan Smiley
Regardless, I'm a Isracoin believer and wish you good luck - your success is mine too.
What I do not like is throwing garbage at each other.
There is room for many virtual coins in Israel
25 billion shekels in the gray/black/white market that is waiting for you (Isracoin and Israbit)
The problem is marketing and ease of use.
Come-up with a solution and every one will be a winner.
I do not give a shit what is your profit as long as I can use it like shekels or a credit card.

And if I may add another comment regarding phase II airdrop
The verification process via Facebook is a joke.
I'll never disclose my info for 1$ - give me a break Smiley 
Activity: 41
I already sent a pm on the Israeli forum but just in case I'll mention it here: feel free to contact me if you're short on staff! Everything from programming to spreading fliers face to face
Activity: 2
sorry but again this is not the main issue, the main issue is the misleading of the Israeli bitcoin community after the 6 founders (most of them from the Israeli bitcoin community) together agreed to make a multi sig and than after a month Dan refuses and lost the trust of the team.

Hi Everyone,
I'm one of the developers of Isracoin and I'm pretty sick of this "israeli" guy spreading lies all over trying to promote a thing that doesn't exists and probably won't either called "israbit" by discrediting other peoples hard work .

There were never 6 founders, at most there were 3 founder when you take the people that actually founded the project including Dan and Me. Other people have taken part in discussions here and there, but mostly didn't do major work. So saying "6 founders (most of them from the Israeli bitcoin community)" is just a plain simple LIE #1.  

As for the multisig issue, there is a general agreement that we want to do a multisig. but at the current point of time the technology for this solution isn't ready and it's just not possible. Saying Dan agreed and refuses is Lie #2.  Dan agreed that we need to find a good solution in order to decentralize the premine holding and we are working on it.

second phase was a colossal fail
 I think "israeli" is talking about the first phase, the business distribution, there are some reasons why this phase hasn't taken off and the main one is that it was sabotaged by the pearson that was supposed to do the PR for Isracoin, Amnon who actually threatened Dan and Me that we shouldn't go public with it or he'll start discrediting the project (which is what he is doing in the end), all because we didn't agree to all kind of extortions that he was trying to pull (he wanted power and a crazy personal contract).
A second reason for phase 1 delay is that we are working on creating an organization to support the businesses in the process of adopting ISR in their businesses. This is taking more time because of bureaucracy, but once this organization is established we can better support phase 1.

Now when phase 2 started and we'll get some new PR we can continue with the registration of businesses, we already see a rise in the business registration since yesterday, we aren't talking thousands but more than a 100 businesses (a similar number to the businesses accepting bitcoin in Israel) have registered and this is without us  doing any promotion - this is in any case a long term process , because of the logistics.
Speaking of work...
We expect to release our Local Isracoin system for beta either today/tomorrow most likely.
It will be included in our media efforts as we want to help people trade Isracoin using Israeli Fiat as well.

Probably a good time to state some FACTS:

First off, those "founders" being referred to are a couple of guys, one of which left partly because of personal issues in his life that prevented him from putting any time into the project (to the point where we couldn't even get him on phone calls). The other guy, Amnon, who is most likely the one hiding behind this freshly made user account, did not do practically anything for the project, other than take a few interviews in the media, which is what we needed him for. After he did those, he essentially did mostly nothing (maybe introduce a few people he knew, helped find a tax attorney etc, which was great, yet with all due respect, that is tantamount to almost nothing compared to the insane amount of work other members have put in the past 4 months).

Furthermore, this character also demanded a TON of money be paid to him for his future work and past "work", demanded we put a lot of power in his hands, demanded we sign "napkin" agreements with him and all sorts of other things, while REFUSING to do his work until we did so. This is why our media did not go out, because this guy who was supposed to do it, screwed us over. We are working to rebuild what he has ruined and will make it happen without him.

As for a multisig - we have already implemented brand new code in the 1.7 Alpha wallet that should make it possible to do a broad multisig (as you know, multisigs are now limited to 3 signatures which is very problematic for this kind of project) - This is why there is now a an 8 person Board of Directors to the project and as soon as the new wallet comes out with the multisig code that allows us a broader solution, those directors will be made custodians of the coins. This has been the plan for quite a while now but what some people don't get is the difference between theory and practice. That's why they keep flapping they're yaps, while others actually do WORK.

Meanwhile all this BS doesn't affect the general public who are very interested in the project and we are working on improving out media exposure in order to reach more and more of the general public.

There are several people behind the scenes who normally do not voice off publicly because they concentrate on work, but I imagine they are really starting to get pissed off now so you may hear from them.
Activity: 39
The way I see it, the smart argument is not even between the main developer is a scammer or not. It's obvious he's not: no scammer will ever put so much time and effort to develop all the software and technology behind a scam. If I was a scammer I'd just quickly give coins away, quickly hype up the unaware public and sell million as soon as the first spike starts building up. Done. I'm rich. See ya all later.

The (non-trolling, smart) argument is whether the dev has a POTENTIAL to scam through the current, temporary, centralisation. Yes he does. In that way you could say he's like a bank CEO, granted. At the moment: he did express desire to decentralise and, to be honest, I'd rather trust an engineer and a fellow nerd who knows what it's like to work for everyone's benefit rather than a spoiled bank CEO whose only job is to keep rich people rich.

the other problem is by misleading you guys by not telling you that the second phase was a colossal fail and no firm accepted Isracoin.
the thing you should ask yourself is why didn't  you know about all that and thought that everything is ok when most of the Isracoin team and the Israeli community have long left the ship.
the american guy behave and try to treat the public and the community like an asshole.
the problem is distrust in the guy that hold now the 400M coins, this is the reason that there will probably be a true Israeli coin soon.

I'm listening, what else can you tell us?
And what about the promise of exchanging (for free) israbit for istacoin?
If there are plans to kick in a new israeli coin, then why is it so secretive?
If it is all true, it should be in the open and not just bits and pieces here and there...
Let them (israbit) open a web site and spread their manifest and agenda.
As a side-note, if you want to convey your message, you should change the tone of your voice.
You sound more like a rebel than a businessman - that may be a helpful advice to you.      
Activity: 14
The way I see it, the smart argument is not even between the main developer is a scammer or not. It's obvious he's not: no scammer will ever put so much time and effort to develop all the software and technology behind a scam. If I was a scammer I'd just quickly give coins away, quickly hype up the unaware public and sell million as soon as the first spike starts building up. Done. I'm rich. See ya all later.

The (non-trolling, smart) argument is whether the dev has a POTENTIAL to scam through the current, temporary, centralisation. Yes he does. In that way you could say he's like a bank CEO, granted. At the moment: he did express desire to decentralise and, to be honest, I'd rather trust an engineer and a fellow nerd who knows what it's like to work for everyone's benefit rather than a spoiled bank CEO whose only job is to keep rich people rich.

Activity: 41

Activity: 25

BTW Mr. Meni Rosenfeld the chairman of the Israeli bitcoin community is interviewed in the article you mentioned, listen to what he says
you can google translate it.

He explained what a multisig wallet is.
He  said that compared to bitcoin . Isracoin is too centralized .
He isn't optimistic about Isracoin.
Some of the developers are not interested in it anymore.

That's all he said in the article.

Yes,... UP and DOWN... like everything in life.....  my suggestion is, WAIT .... and give the coin a chance and time ...
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

BTW Mr. Meni Rosenfeld the chairman of the Israeli bitcoin community is interviewed in the article you mentioned, listen to what he says
you can google translate it.

He explained what a multisig wallet is.
He  said that compared to bitcoin . Isracoin is too centralized .
He isn't optimistic about Isracoin.
Some of the developers are not interested in it anymore.

That's all he said in the article.

Activity: 26
you can buy bitcoins with isracoin .. Wink

Pages:
Jump to: