Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ISR] Isracoin - The Israeli cryptocurrency - page 23. (Read 110740 times)

Activity: 343
Merit: 100
Look they can keep their current POW system that's fine. It's hard and you don't get much, but add POS as I said in a previous post so you'll want to keep what you mine. As it is right now I'm using Israelcoin as a "super dogecoin" to mine then dump so I can buy other currencies. If I'm doing it, chances are some other people are doing it too. I was lucky and sold my israelcoin at 42000 sats. ages ago. Now it's at the level of mine and dump. However if I was going to get some staking on what I was mining and people who couldn't mine had to buy and drive the price up...

Also if they want vendors and customers to use this as a means of buying and selling they need an Android and a Mac app NOW. Get it ready so that when the vendors and customers come together they can actually buy shit instead of sending the coin...waiting for it to arrive...ship out the crap...wait days to receive your crap. You should be able to go buy an icecream with this coin while strolling around Tel Aviv.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
A coin for every Country..

Probably for every city later
Look they can keep their current POW system that's fine. It's hard and you don't get much, but add POS as I said in a previous post so you'll want to keep what you mine. As it is right now I'm using Israelcoin as a "super dogecoin" to mine then dump so I can buy other currencies. If I'm doing it, chances are some other people are doing it too. I was lucky and sold my israelcoin at 42000 sats. ages ago. Now it's at the level of mine and dump. However if I was going to get some staking on what I was mining and people who couldn't mine had to buy and drive the price up...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Just wanted to give a shout out to http://fastminer.cloudapp.net/index.php

They had a few issues with orphan blocks, and made it right by reimbursing some ISR to those affected. They also do a 1% block finder bonus, and a 25 ISR giveaway each Friday. Props.

I am always happy to promote positive things such as this. If you have a similar story about dealings within the ISR community, please share it. Do good, pay it forward.

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Come get your ISR!

http://www.hasher.ca

2% fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
Auto ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: wallet address OR Global Key (ProfitPorts)
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3524

ISR go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your ISR!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
i don't know blockrewarddecrease so i can not invest, sorry
Activity: 23
Hello Everyone, I'm still holding all my coin not planning on selling I'm in for the ride and it will be a fun one. Have a Happy Shabbos. Oh yeah I like the logo the way it is. Smiley
Don't worry guys it will stabilize eventually. In fact it was hovering around the 11000 mark for a long time. Whenever you have a giveaway there is bound to be dumping. EVERY giveaway that a coin has gone through tanks the price from dumpers. Look at spaincoin. It sank faster than the Spanish Armada after the airdrop. It turned into a real life simulation of the Spanish economy. Now it's clawing its way back up again. Israelcoin didn't drop half as much as Spaincoin because the developers A. use their real names and are actually from Israel B. Have a solid action plan on implimenting it into the Israeli economy. C. The mining is fairly hard with limited payouts which proclude dumping. My suggestion would be to add proof of stake which encourages people to hold onto coins to earn interest on them. It can even be crappy interest like 2-5% but it's enough so that people will want to keep and buy these coins. Look at Zimstake which is basically another "fun" coin but with proof of stake only. It's sitting around the 5000 mark even with desperate attempts by people to drive the price down to buy it up. Why? Because there is a reward for holding onto it. There's little incentive to sell it because yeah you'll get bitcoin right away but you won't be making interest anymore so it's pointless to sell unless the coin is worth a crazy amount of bitcoin.

In fact with all the data out there I'm not sure why coins haven't learned their lesson yet about airdrops and proof of stake it's pretty basic economics. If there are more of something the price is cheaper. If there is no incentive to hold onto something people get rid of it while it's still worth something. The israelcoin developers have a month before the next airdrop, if it was me I would IMMEDIATELY work on a proof of stake system say along the lines of zimstake which is %12.5 per anum, with a 2 week minimum age. Immediately the price will go up as the more you have the more you earn. Vendors will want to hold their coins because now they are earning interest on it even if it's only %1.25 per month/%12.5 per year which is better than any bank will give you.
Activity: 458
Merit: 500
Guys country coins are so last month, color coins are the in thing now. Seriously people keep up with the times.

Jokes aside there is one country coin that seems to be the real deal but waiting to see if they get another big merchant before I invest.
Activity: 80
I don't see a dumping of the coin.  Very few sales in the last few days.  

I'm pretty sure you have a crystal globe that tells you when the dumping will begin .

Usually people wait for a calm day with no trades and buys support walls to both shake the market and not lose that much by dumping

the volume is low = no dump
man, do u consider the price?not only volume
Activity: 112
what's the blockreward-decrease? 50 per minute forever or what?

thanks for a short answer
Well i'm gonna keep on mining it for a couple more weeks and hope the price improves. I've noticed the Network hash rate has improved quite significantly.

I generally like this coin. It does seem like the developers are trying their best to make this a serious currency rather than some of the other currencies.

I wish there was some way to stabilize the value of Isracoin. I know with market prices this is very hard to control. Perhaps there is a way to value Isr like how the Chinese value the Remembi. Again its not like there is an ISR central bank. Or its not like you can value against a basket of crypto currencies.

Anyways those are my silly idea.  Grin

We are actually working on something to the effect you mentioned. Smiley
Hoping to announce it for beta very soon.
We feel stabilization is very important and want to help our miners fight against the would-be pumpers and dumpers and other manipulators.

As always, when we have something tangible to announce, you can count on it happening.

The answer you gave regarding the ALGO change and also regarding the groestl algo was good Smiley  - you even asked here if some people have experience with it and can share it with you.

See one is looking for 999999 lines explanations Smiley ... such answers are enough and respect the community Smiley

anyway... you have already seen that I'm not the only person who asks about the marketing :

Any comment regarding how you see this coin's marketing ? is going by your plan and showing progress is enough ? or do you plan to push more for marketing ?

BTW - we do not ask you such question just to troll you . there is a difference between ignoring the community and just saying stuff like "it is not in our plans" or "right now we are busy with very important things , but we aim to invest our energy towards marketing very soon"  "no we like our logo as it is" "yes we will make bounties for a more professional design, after we finish up things with X Y Z"

That's what people expect to hear.. no one asks for super detailed explanations... really we ask such question with good intentions and not in order to disrupt you- I still put about 5.5 mega hash(my entire rig is about 15 btw) to mine isracoin even though the price is low - I can just mine another coin and buy isracoin cheap... I just do it because i feel that its a way to support the coin. just like a lot of doge coin miners are mining it even when the difficulty level is high and not profitable to mine.
Activity: 197
Regarding the posts discussing changing the Algo, We don't have any current plans for this.
We appreciate the input from everyone on this, but have to be reserved and say that this type of change is far from trivial and could potentially harbor many risks that cannot be determined right now. It is enough to see how things like openssl which was supposed to be airtight, ended up being broken and insecure for a whole 2 years. Taking a gamble on a new algo that has not been tried and tested as Scrypt has, would be irresponsible on our part.

With that said, we are looking around (with what little time we can afford to divert from the main things) to see what it would entail, possible benefits, risks, downsides and so on.
If someone out there has concrete experience with, for example, Groestl we welcome their input. (By experience we mean actual coin coding related experience, not mining).

Activity: 197
Well i'm gonna keep on mining it for a couple more weeks and hope the price improves. I've noticed the Network hash rate has improved quite significantly.

I generally like this coin. It does seem like the developers are trying their best to make this a serious currency rather than some of the other currencies.

I wish there was some way to stabilize the value of Isracoin. I know with market prices this is very hard to control. Perhaps there is a way to value Isr like how the Chinese value the Remembi. Again its not like there is an ISR central bank. Or its not like you can value against a basket of crypto currencies.

Anyways those are my silly idea.  Grin

We are actually working on something to the effect you mentioned. Smiley
Hoping to announce it for beta very soon.
We feel stabilization is very important and want to help our miners fight against the would-be pumpers and dumpers and other manipulators.

As always, when we have something tangible to announce, you can count on it happening.
Activity: 26

Anyways those are my silly idea.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Agreed with the last two posts. I've been holding many ISR since day 1 and watching my the coin value goes down is not very fun. I'm not in for a quick dump but Badger is starting to look better than ISR on BT now.  Huh
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I still don't get how I'm the only poster here who is concerned about this coin's marketing in the crypto-currency world.

The price drop is a direct result of popularity dropping - having the DEV coming out with amazing and true announcements will not have the same effect when the coin doesn't have a big enough community to spread the word about it.

I will just say this - the person (whoever is the one in charge giving answers to the public) rules out and ignors every question that he doesn't like being asked.

I've just read the Israeli Isracoin forum - when people explain to him in a good way about the minus's of using scrypt and not only because of ASICS.   the spokesman gave one diplomatic answer and ignored all the rest of the debate and questions that community members brought to the table... or maybe he just doesn't have the technical knowledge and understanding of the crypto currency world to see get it.

changes are best NOW and not a year from now when it might be almost IMPOSSIBLE .

Consider getting a bounty for getting a GOOD programmer to help you... and just move it to a different ALGO.

Consider getting a bounty to get a spokesman who makes the community see that this the DEV team do care about their opinions and suggestions.

Consider getting a bounty to get a person who will actually research things for you - as it clearly shows that you have a GREAT idea that might fall due to lack of knowledge or arrogance.

Consider getting a bounty for polishing up a logo - don't call other coins "coins created by kids" when this logo looks like it was create by someone in his first month of photoshop class. same goes to the website design.

BTW 1-2 minutes transaction time is NOT GOOD - you will have to make changes to your ALGO within a year anyway... ( saying that bitcoin transactions take a 100 years is not an excuse )

P.S - please think about how you present yourself to the world - and don't say stuff like "We are not aurora coin we are not this coin" or talk about how you are not a bunch of kids who created a shitcoin and so on.  I do believe that your intentions are to create something better - just please show some humility and do not to bash other coins before you have SUCCESS to back up your words.

Activity: 26
So I guess everyone is Dumping their coins.  Grin   Tongue

are you paying attention to the volume at all? dumping?

My Bad... Huh

Didn't realize how little volume could effect the price. Looks like there has only been three of four thousand ISR sold today on BittRex. I also have been noticing the Network Hash Rate Dropping quite rapidly, so I assumed peopled were loosing interest cuz of the price drop.

Last night there was tons of sales of ISR on Bitrexx. much more than what i am used to seeing

I assumed this was going on else where too.

Pages:
Jump to: