Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ITO] Scienceroot - The first Blockchain-based Scientific Ecosystem - page 23. (Read 6775 times)

Activity: 118
Merit: 0
Activity: 164
How will you help scientists to get funds for research?
Activity: 169
Another big challenge is how to evaluate the scientist worth? Number of publications, citation rate can be misleading.
brand new
Activity: 0
I think that the idea of scientific collaboration , of course, very humanistic, but rather utopian and I can't understand why it's necessary to use blockchain technology in this project.
Because of all the advantages like transparency, security, smart contracts, P2P trading possibilities ...
We all love Blockchain technology right?! chill boys!
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
There already exist magazines who publish negative results, like "Results in Physics", but publishing there cost about $500 Sad(
brand new
I like the professional approach of the team, it's easy to predict the future of this project which is looking really bright. I will be follow ingthis project for further news good luck, fellas.
Everything looks set for an important wave but it will take time.
I like the idea and the people in conference videos are humble!
Activity: 139
Merit: 1
This project has alot of potential, like that they are keeping it smooth on the down low. What a gem.
I just noticed how many meetups and conferences those guys attended. Reading through their press releases they are certainly one of the leaders in scientific publishing on the blockchain. This project is about quality, not quantity and I'm happy to support them.

All those real-life events really show the team is serious about the project!!
Activity: 56
is a very good idea for a business that will be done cienceroot because this is the cooperation that must be done together and the result will also be enjoyed together, and the project also runs also transparently so that all that was in it will also know for its development. I think this will work very well. Hopefully many ST will go and the results will also be great.
brand new
I like the professional approach of the team, it's easy to predict the future of this project which is looking really bright. I will be follow ingthis project for further news good luck, fellas.
Everything looks set for an important wave but it will take time.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
How do you plan to switch the attention from the magazine ratings to the article's quality?
Activity: 38
I like their long term approach. I can tell that they are not going for the early hype and then get rekt as many other projects did. It feels like a good opportunity to invest in this first round.

How about the possibility of selling all the tokens in the next round? As far as I understood, the amount raised in each round could vary, depending on the needs of the project. So would it be possible to sell the rest of your tokens in the second round at another price? Say straight 0.1 cents? Can one admin please clarify this for me?

Better plan to stick with the project at least mid term. Why are you going to purchase tokens and sell it asap??
brand new
I think that the idea of scientific collaboration , of course, very humanistic, but rather utopian and I can't understand why it's necessary to use blockchain technology in this project.
Activity: 122
How is it different from research gate?
Activity: 13
Expect many investor support your business when ICO will begin.
brand new
token sales duration is very long. I see this project has a good prospect. they also have a great team and experienced. I hope this project goes according to plan
Totally agree with you! The long period of sales is in fact, a brilliant way of showing investors that the project is here to stay and grow. I'm sick and tired of all the ICO scams that what to reach a huge amount of money in their first round!! This project should be an example on how to do it correctly!
Activity: 42
 Here are some of the use cases:

-we will host a social media platform for researchers and students, where they can showcase their skills, search for funds, PhD positions and so on (similar to LinkedIN and ResearchGate)
-storing scientifc content on the blockchain (timestamp+proof of existence)
-scientific marketplace
-first incentivized Q&A forum for academicians, students, scientists and so on
-people will be able to crowdfund research ideas / support science with ST's
-we will market our blockchain solutions (timestamp manuscripts, proof of existence) to a industry worth more than 25 billion USD ( scholarly publishing business)

Keep in mind that whatever services we offer, we will charge in ST's
Activity: 32
Great, but will it be interesting for investors?
Since 2014 there is already Einsteinium (EMC2) which is a coin designed to reward science and education. EMC2 is a PoW coin without any premine and already totally decentralized, with a good capitalization, good volumes and an excellent team with an exciting roadmap. So which is the need to create now something similar, and to sell it in an ICO? Just explain it to me Smiley

While they have good volume and did support a couple science projects, they do not tackle with the main "pain" points in the current scientific landscape, which are mainly : limited access to research output, lack of collaboration and transparency between research groups, reproducibility of published research experiments and the greed of the traditional scientific publishers. In this sense our project is unique and we are using the blockchain technology at it's full potential (creating Proof of Existence for submitted manuscripts, unique ID's for researchers etc.).

If my explanation was not sufficient, I would suggest a quick read of our article here: https://medium.com/scienceroot/scienceroot-ecosystem-2e6928947a98 . Hope this satisfies your answer:) Feel free to ask anything if still unclear

Cheers,
Alex
where are you based, Vienna?
The organisation is based in Timisoara, Romania. I, however am living in Vienna. We are working together with people from across Europe and the USA.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
What will be the currency purpose??

It would take you less than 5 seconds to find out that this currency should be used to support scientists.
Pages:
Jump to: