Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 340. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Any news why the ICO platform server is dead ?

I had about 8000 KMD out there I asked withdraw 2 months ago never saw anything in my KMD adress...

Does this project turn out to be a scam too ? Embarrassed
Activity: 8
Yeah I bought my BTCD back in 2014 and haven't been following the events in crypto space too much before this spring so I didn't even know about this Komodo thing before that and when I found out about the swap then the ICO site was already down. So yeah implying that people are idiot because of that is not very smart in my opinion. You cannot expect people to follow every project actively because they bought some other coin back in the days and it evolved in to something else in between.. Anyway I will make the swap when it is possible again.

If you have been holding since 2014 what difference does a few more weeks make until they fix the ico site.

You can also still do BTCD -> BTC -> KMD on exchanges

It doesn't and I haven't been complaining about the site. I'm just saying that there are different situations/backgrounds with people holding BTCD... I actually already bought some Komodo with cash.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Yeah I bought my BTCD back in 2014 and haven't been following the events in crypto space too much before this spring so I didn't even know about this Komodo thing before that and when I found out about the swap then the ICO site was already down. So yeah implying that people are idiot because of that is not very smart in my opinion. You cannot expect people to follow every project actively because they bought some other coin back in the days and it evolved in to something else in between.. Anyway I will make the swap when it is possible again.

If you have been holding since 2014 what difference does a few more weeks make until they fix the ico site.

Same here. I mined BTCD when it came out and bought some at exchange then -> KMD. I don't mind the wait at all.

Same here. Since I'm basically a long term holder in most projects I support, waiting comes easy. Better it be right than quick. But, there are people who complain that it's too bright out when the Sun's up and too dark at night. Can't please everybody...
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com

Same here. I mined BTCD when it came out and bought some at exchange then -> KMD. I don't mind the wait at all.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
there's litteraly no true roadmap, still no blockchain uses dPow, still no even a date for the exchange and the snapshot.
You are always lamenting.I think you will live better selling your coins.Think about

I'm not always lamenting but many (too much) things are not ready yet. In jenuary EasyDex was said that was ready in 3-4 months. The snapshot was said that was 13 june, and delayed just some days before. And for other point see the post before.

And yes, i'm a holder since ico and start thinking to sell evrything. 7 Month has passed since ICO, and 7 months with nothing properly working it's a lot.
Changing the exchange name is not an update or a point of the roadmap. A Tutorial to install the bugged AGAMA is not an update. Also it's a wallet, it has to be easy to use, a tutorial to use it is simply ridiculous.

I think a question to ask yourself is what is the reason for the impatience?  

Is it because you truly want to be able to use the tech and features or do you just want to see the price gain that's suppose to come with the releases?

You've held since the ICO, so you've already made about 10x your investment.  To complain about that is ridiculous. The next 10x may take another 7 months or a year.  

It's x3 since the price is compared to btc. It's both, i'm an early investor, i want to be able to use  a good decentralized exchange and tp paying patience get some gain, i always thought that dPow is a very good idea, why no other blockchain use it? There is enough advertise?. The waiting is not a problem, i saw a lot of angry reactions to my post. The problem is that you cant say that on some day x will be a snapshot and then this not happen. It's a cheat to investors. Also at the end of the ico was said that easydex will be ready in 3-4 months and now are 7 months wait. Why just you dont make an analysis from a good software engineer and you give investors approximate dates to the roadmap? You have a lot of money, a lot of programmers and the fix of a website is still TBA?

I think that's the reason why there's no ETA for anything anymore. Supernet/komodo is very complex with lots of moving parts. The problem seems to be that there's just not enough manpower to handle everything and it's difficult to hire developers. Just having the funds doesnt solve everything.  Gotta remember that this is a decentralized organization started by volunteers, not a large tech company.

I'm not denying that it is frustrating, but that's the current situation and we just have to accept it for now. At least you're not sitting at a lost even with all the delays. Even 3x in terms of btc is still pretty damn good, considering how much btc has gained, if you rather think of it that way.

A great part of what you say is correct. It's not many of us but more people are joining. In last week's meeting we went over a few options for finding more developers. It's not enough to throw 100K at a dev to make something.  

Even if you do find someone that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be any good or stay longterm......we are doing the best we can with what we have. It hasn't stopped us from making advances but it's discouraging when you read comments like before. The people involved are working hard for everyone not just themselves.

I am with you brother. Developing an innovation is inspiring but something it is a pain in the neck . But the out can be rewarding. The hard work will be worth it as time passed by so it is part of life if there are criticisms but this will be our motivations to do better. So lets help Komodo fulfill its purpose. It is really very promising . I salute all the people behind this project.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

Activity: 466
Merit: 253
Imagine a world without banks.......
This is awesome project! I don't understand about complaining. This is whole ecosystem and there's lot of good potential and development skill working on it. In some day we will see lot of great features popping out of Komodo/SuperNET so hang on tight with your KMD:s Smiley

Totally agree, I am a patient investor, and as a software developer I know that it takes time to write quality complex software. Devs take your time and do it right.
Thanks for your support guys! I have a feeling we will be orbiting the Moon soon enough  Grin
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
This is awesome project! I don't understand about complaining. This is whole ecosystem and there's lot of good potential and development skill working on it. In some day we will see lot of great features popping out of Komodo/SuperNET so hang on tight with your KMD:s Smiley

Totally agree, I am a patient investor, and as a software developer I know that it takes time to write quality complex software. Devs take your time and do it right.
Activity: 8
All the idiots bitching about the ico site being down currently seem to forget they had months to make a claim previously like the other 90% of people that did and just didn't bother.

I think that's a lame argument. Look, I fully support kmd, I've held btcd for years, but the instructions for the swap were very confusing. I didn't feel comfortable swapping until I understood that I didn't even have to swap TO a wallet managed address. Considering the reliability issues with agama etc, I'm sure you can understand my hesitation. I eventually realized after asking many questions, that the swap could be done right on the website directly to a kmd address without the need to use agama.

So look what happens, I finally swap (like I could have done 6 months prior) and this happens. In retrospect waiting to swap would have at least let me collect btcd interest.

Supernet owns this problem, they admit it's a problem and they're working hard to fix it. I trust that, respect it and live with it. But to blame people for not swapping earlier is misdirected criticism.

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
there's litteraly no true roadmap, still no blockchain uses dPow, still no even a date for the exchange and the snapshot.
You are always lamenting.I think you will live better selling your coins.Think about

I'm not always lamenting but many (too much) things are not ready yet. In jenuary EasyDex was said that was ready in 3-4 months. The snapshot was said that was 13 june, and delayed just some days before. And for other point see the post before.

And yes, i'm a holder since ico and start thinking to sell evrything. 7 Month has passed since ICO, and 7 months with nothing properly working it's a lot.
Changing the exchange name is not an update or a point of the roadmap. A Tutorial to install the bugged AGAMA is not an update. Also it's a wallet, it has to be easy to use, a tutorial to use it is simply ridiculous.

Is it because you truly want to be able to use the tech and features or do you just want to see the price gain that's suppose to come with the releases?

You've held since the ICO, so you've already made about 10x your investment.  To complain about that is ridiculous. The next 10x may take another 7 months or a year.  

It's x3 since the price is compared to btc. It's both, i'm an early investor, i want to be able to use  a good decentralized exchange and tp paying patience get some gain, i always thought that dPow is a very good idea, why no other blockchain use it? There is enough advertise?. The waiting is not a problem, i saw a lot of angry reactions to my post. The problem is that you cant say that on some day x will be a snapshot and then this not happen. It's a cheat to investors. Also at the end of the ico was said that easydex will be ready in 3-4 months and now are 7 months wait. Why just you dont make an analysis from a good software engineer and you give investors approximate dates to the roadmap? You have a lot of money, a lot of programmers and the fix of a website is still TBA?

I think that's the reason why there's no ETA for anything anymore. Supernet/komodo is very complex with lots of moving parts. The problem seems to be that there's just not enough manpower to handle everything and it's difficult to hire developers. Just having the funds doesnt solve everything.  Gotta remember that this is a decentralized organization started by volunteers, not a large tech company.

I'm not denying that it is frustrating, but that's the current situation and we just have to accept it for now. At least you're not sitting at a lost even with all the delays. Even 3x in terms of btc is still pretty damn good, considering how much btc has gained, if you rather think of it that way.

A great part of what you say is correct. It's not many of us but more people are joining. In last week's meeting we went over a few options for finding more developers. It's not enough to throw 100K at a dev to make something.  

Even if you do find someone that doesn't necessarily mean that they will be any good or stay longterm......we are doing the best we can with what we have. It hasn't stopped us from making advances but it's discouraging when you read comments like before. The people involved are working hard for everyone not just themselves.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250

So sell up and find a coin that more suits your needs.

I'm sure your moaning here will be greatly missed.

I really hope you are not from the team.
It's true. If you are so disappointed with our performance then sell.
legendary

I have no association with the SuperNET team, I just hold KMD and support the project.

When you are creating something new from scratch delays are sometimes inevitable, if you want everything running 100% from day one sell up and just buy a copy & paste shitcoin.
Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

You've held since the ICO, so you've already made about 10x your investment.  To complain about that is ridiculous. The next 10x may take another 7 months or a year. 
legendary

What has Komodo Platform and SuperNET accomplished in the past 7 months since launch? Huh
1-Agama
2-BarterDex
3-dPow
4-Monaize parternship
5-Shapeshift api (debit cards, overstock, and other stores
accept it)
6-First SuperNET meetup in Amsterdam
7-Sponsor and attended Money2020Europe
8-Spain Blockchain Meetup
9-iOS app in testing
10-ATOMIC SWAPS!

Shocked

You forgot new office in wien  Roll Eyes

Agama is bugged as f. Barter dex is not ready. dPow ther's no blockchain that decied to use it. IOS app is not ready, atomic swap is not ready
And the conference are conference, dont write things just to make numbers
Jump to: