Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 432. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
burn it

Remember that some people still didn't swap their BTCD to KMD and letting the coin die is against their 1 Year rule. I find it really unnecessary to burn them.

How do we ensure we control our KMD address?  My KMD show when I login to the ICO site, do I also need to download the wallet?  I've been waiting for bugs to be figured out... I would like to ensure I'm able to receive JUMBLR. 
Activity: 2
Hello, today I tried to log into agama, insert the seed key, used BASILISK mode and when i got in, my balance was 0 and my KMD adress was completely different from my old one, when i have some KMD..  Any ideas what should i do to log into my old adress or what am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
I can't seem to get any transaction going. Using Agama, basilisk mode. after clicking send I get "Signed transaction failed to generate."

suggestions?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
It seems nearly unanimous to burn.

Unless there are some voices to the contrary soon, a decision will be made about this so we dont have to worry about it.

I should also announce that there will be a sharedrop of JUMBLR soon. for every 20.2 KMD you have you will get 0.01 JUMBLR.

This is 5% of JUMBLR (50,000) allocated to 101 million KMD.

We are still working out the details, but it is expected that a KMD snapshot will be done within the next month and the JUMBLR distributed accordingly. There are only 1 million total JUMBLR so it is a rare coin and it receives the JUMBLR fees in addition to a DEX revshare.

Soon after the sharedrop, DEX trading of JUMBLR will be available using smartaddresses. More details will be announced as they become available.

To avoid dust transactions, a minimum of 20.2 KMD is required to participate in the snapshot. Also, if the KMD is on the exchange, then the exchange would get the JUMBLR and it would be up to the exchange to distribute it to their customers. This is why I raise this issue now so everyone has time to decide what to do. If you dont directly control your KMD address, you will likely not get any JUMBLR.

Activity: 43
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Bittrex is a great exchange. Who cares if they add KMD or not. Have a great product and the people will come. The only people that want to go on poloniex just want the coon pumped so they can sell. KMD dropped to 7K Satoshi was it? So almost ATH triple the price. Same this thread to discuss milestones and not how to get on poloniex
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
Considering all the BTCD talk, I'll take the opportunity to express something that has been bugging me since Day 1:

Any decision other than burning the swapped BTCD and dissociating from further BTCD development will suck a hairy ball sack and ultimately hurt Komodo.  Let's never go down THAT road.  Trust me, there are so many negative things one can say that it will be complete insanity to take such risk even if KMD holders were to directly benefit.

There, I said it...  although I wouldn't have to if a definitive answer had been given by the Komodo team, as many have asked along the way.
It is possible that it will become necessary to stake with the BTCD as the non-swapped gets smaller and smaller as there might not be enough to keep the chain advancing.

Beyond the 1 year period, one idea in case KMD is still not listed on polo is to retain the existing swap mechanism and add a reverse swap mechanism so KMD can be converted to BTCD. That would then create a reverse arbitrage and we would have both a floor and ceiling price for BTCD which would effectively make BTCD 50x KMD especially if both directions of the swap were fairly frequent.

Now if you are saying that you can guarantee a direct polo listing or that a polo listing is not desired by this means due to the hairball theory, I can consider that point of view also.

It is hard to give a definite answer to a question that depends on future events beyond our direct control. I much prefer a direct polo listing than having to implement a reverse swap, but I must plan for various contingencies, dont i?
Yes, I was talking about after the 1-year swap deadline.  And what I was saying is that you need to let BTCD go.  No reverse swap.  No assisting whatever development efforts might follow by those that didn't swap.  Nada.  You asked people to swap because Komodo is where it's at (supposedly).  How in the world are you going to justify ANY further association with BTCD after having gathered almost the entire Supply for a specific purpose?  Just let it go and wish those that do not swap good luck.

I am pretty sure that what you say is what will happen, but there are some advocates for using the polo listing BTCD has as having value.

If it isnt clear what to do, we will have a KMD stakeholder's vote on this. I think that will avoid any issues about justifying. Having a trading token that is a proxy is totally different than continuing development.

In any case for such a potentially controversial thing I will simply listen to what the stakeholders want.

Again, if the swapped BTCD is not provably sent to another galaxy (i.e. burn), expect a justified shit storm of epic proportions.  I mean just the fact that we're sitting here discussing the possibility of a reverse swap after having seen the nonsense that has been going on over at Poloniex (due to folks being oblivious about the swap itself) is very unsettling.  The nonsense needs to end as soon as the swap period is over, not continue in reverse.

I am neutral on this. you are against it. Let us hear from some others before deciding. I am not advocating for or against this, I just want to have some flexibility in case it is needed as a contingency.

Just burn the Btcd that was swapped and leave! A reverse swap is complete insanity...
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Hi
What is "REV"?

It's REVS (REV is some other coin).

It's a SuperNET Asset that was distributed to BTCD holders during a snapshot. Currently it isn't trading on any market.

Guys have you determined the time frame for REVS to be distributed or Is it automatically distributed or swapped when the 1-year swapping time elapsed?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.

Is there a wallet for REVS to validate my priv key from BTCD?

You use the Agama wallet.    Here is instructions how to do it. https://supernet.org/en/resources/guides/the-grandmas-guide-to-agama   Once you import private key ,  launch REVS in basilisk mode and you should see you balance.

Thank you very much for this piece of information. I was at lost where to redeem my REVS.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Considering all the BTCD talk, I'll take the opportunity to express something that has been bugging me since Day 1:

Any decision other than burning the swapped BTCD and dissociating from further BTCD development will suck a hairy ball sack and ultimately hurt Komodo.  Let's never go down THAT road.  Trust me, there are so many negative things one can say that it will be complete insanity to take such risk even if KMD holders were to directly benefit.

There, I said it...  although I wouldn't have to if a definitive answer had been given by the Komodo team, as many have asked along the way.
It is possible that it will become necessary to stake with the BTCD as the non-swapped gets smaller and smaller as there might not be enough to keep the chain advancing.

Beyond the 1 year period, one idea in case KMD is still not listed on polo is to retain the existing swap mechanism and add a reverse swap mechanism so KMD can be converted to BTCD. That would then create a reverse arbitrage and we would have both a floor and ceiling price for BTCD which would effectively make BTCD 50x KMD especially if both directions of the swap were fairly frequent.

Now if you are saying that you can guarantee a direct polo listing or that a polo listing is not desired by this means due to the hairball theory, I can consider that point of view also.

It is hard to give a definite answer to a question that depends on future events beyond our direct control. I much prefer a direct polo listing than having to implement a reverse swap, but I must plan for various contingencies, dont i?
Yes, I was talking about after the 1-year swap deadline.  And what I was saying is that you need to let BTCD go.  No reverse swap.  No assisting whatever development efforts might follow by those that didn't swap.  Nada.  You asked people to swap because Komodo is where it's at (supposedly).  How in the world are you going to justify ANY further association with BTCD after having gathered almost the entire Supply for a specific purpose?  Just let it go and wish those that do not swap good luck.

I am pretty sure that what you say is what will happen, but there are some advocates for using the polo listing BTCD has as having value.

If it isnt clear what to do, we will have a KMD stakeholder's vote on this. I think that will avoid any issues about justifying. Having a trading token that is a proxy is totally different than continuing development.

In any case for such a potentially controversial thing I will simply listen to what the stakeholders want.

Again, if the swapped BTCD is not provably sent to another galaxy (i.e. burn), expect a justified shit storm of epic proportions.  I mean just the fact that we're sitting here discussing the possibility of a reverse swap after having seen the nonsense that has been going on over at Poloniex (due to folks being oblivious about the swap itself) is very unsettling.  The nonsense needs to end as soon as the swap period is over, not continue in reverse.

I am neutral on this. you are against it. Let us hear from some others before deciding. I am not advocating for or against this, I just want to have some flexibility in case it is needed as a contingency.

I traded BTCD for KMD as well as buying into the ICO and I agree 100% with smaragda, BTCD needs to be done, period. Or, return my BTCD without decreasing the value of my KMD.

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Hi
What is "REV"?

It's a SuperNET Asset that was distributed to BTCD holders during a snapshot. Currently it isn't trading on any market.

Guys have you determined the time frame for REVS to be distributed or Is it automatically distributed or swapped when the 1-year swapping time elapsed?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.

You use the Agama wallet.    Here is instructions how to do it. https://supernet.org/en/resources/guides/the-grandmas-guide-to-agama   Once you import private key ,  launch REVS in basilisk mode and you should see you balance.
Hi
What is "REV"?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Maybe a fed.
I bought a komodo dragon and then realized it has nothing to do with the project.  Bamboozled again.
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Hi
What is "REV"?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.
Hi
What is "REV"?

Activity: 128
Merit: 10
kmd easydex screenshots looks great.price moving Cool
legendary

legendary

legendary

Activity: 515
Merit: 502
Whats going on with BTCD on polo, the price just doubled??? Is somebody doing this to double the KMD conversion, because now 1 BTCD is 25 KMD not 50 anymore, right??

The swap rate is fixed and 1 Btcd is still about 50 Kmd. Btcd is pumping for its own unreasons, trollbox shills and ill-informed buyers.
Jump to: