Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 433. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Whats going on with BTCD on polo, the price just doubled??? Is somebody doing this to double the KMD conversion, because now 1 BTCD is 25 KMD not 50 anymore, right??
Activity: 515
Merit: 502
Did I mention that we are currently testing smartaddresses?

Since smartaddresses seem have gone unnoticed, here's a faq about them at https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/FAQ-for-smartaddresses

FAQ for smartaddresses

Q. What are smartaddresses?

A. Smart addresses are a set of local coin addresses that are derived from the main passphrase. The same passphrase is used for all coins and different types of smart addresses can be logged into directly by adding a prefix for each specific type of smartaddress.
Q. What does a smartaddress do?

A. Depending on the type of smartaddress it will either start a jumblr sequence or just do a DEX swap. For KMD the jumblr process stays within KMD, for all other coins, the jumblr process converts to KMD first and then feeds into the KMD jumblr. The “deposit” type is used for this, similar to depositing funds at an exchange deposit address that is customized for you, there is a “deposit” type of smartaddress for each active coin. You just send coins to that address and it automatically does a DEX to KMD and from there it is jumble’ed. Currently all jumble’ed funds end up as jumblr’ed BTC as that is the mainstream case.
Q. Is it possible to disable converting jumblr into BTC.

A. Yes, the runsilent API can be used to prevent the last of three KMD jumblr transactions, the Z -> T transaction. This has the benefit of maximizing privacy over time and prevents the conversion into BTC.
Q. What does the “jumblr” type smartaddress do?

A. That is a special type that designates the destination address for jumblr’ed funds and doesn’t actually do anything extra.
Q. How can I access the jumblr’ed funds?

A. You can login directly to the jumblr’ed funds’ address by prefixing “jumblr “ to your normal passphrase. From there you can directly spend the jumbled funds, but be careful to not commingle such spending with your other funds. In order to minimize the chances for this, it is recommended to use basilisk mode when spending jumbled funds.
Q. How can I access jumbled funds without using basilisk mode.

A. You can importprivkey the wif into komodod and use sendtoaddress or any other method for spending funds. For people that take privacy seriously, it is recommended to have a dedicated node that only has imported the privkeys for jumblr addresses and not to mix any other addresses. Then by using this node in a private way it maximizes the privacy as there is no way to backtrace the funds to anything other than “some address that jumbled funds”
Q. What other smartaddress types are there?

A. Currently there are coin types for DEX atomic swaps into that coin. The type is the coin symbol in lowercase.
Q. What does DEXratio do?

A. By default a DEX client requires 99.5% of theoretical value to accept a DEX offer. This sounds good, but in practice it requires an accommodating LP node to offer such a low margin. Using a DEXratio that is lower allows trades to happen faster. However, if you are not in a hurry, then 99.5% will be a way to maximize your funds.
Q. Will smartaddress DEX swap happen instantly?

A. No, but this is actually a good thing! With a native DEX you are directly swapping specific undo (unspent coins) in your wallet. This means that the exact amount being swapped needs to be available and there is coin confirmation times involved in any swap. This is in no way instant, but to get blockchain clearing of a trade, requires the blockchain to prevent double spends. So the cost of never giving up control of your coins and always being able to have 100% access to them is that swapping them takes longer.

However, if you are aware of “dollar cost averaging” you will realize that this slower pace actually prevents you from trading at disadvantageous prices. While it is true that you won’t be able to get the absolute best price that appears in the market for brief moments, the practical question is if you are currently achieving this via centralized exchanges. 99% of day traders lost most all their capital as they chase the deal of the day, or let their emotions determine their trades.

The smartaddress method of trading turns the slower pace of trading into an advantage. Instead of being stuck with whatever the seemingly random market price was the moment you thought to submit a trade, smartaddress trading will get you the cost averaged price as it will incrementally complete the trades over time.

This also means that you don’t have to spend hours nervously watching the ticker and confusing charts. Smartaddresses are designed for the longer term investor instead of for the day trader.
Q. How long will it take to finish the DEX trades?

A. Each DEX trade should finish in a couple of coin confirmations, and for small amounts or trusted LP nodes, it can even complete within a minute. But that is for a single trade. If a large amount is sent to a smartaddress, it is broken up into standard sizes and traded one at a time. 10000 KMD is the largest increment, so if you send in more than 10000 KMD worth of coins, it will do increments of 10000 KMD at a time until there is less. Then it does the 1000 KMD increments in the same way. Finally, it does things in 100 KMD increments.
Q. Can I DEX less than 100 KMD worth?

A. No, since a native DEX is issuing multiple (permanent) blockchain transactions, it really isn’t a good thing to do very small trades. That will lead to blockchain bloat and really, if you aren’t even trading 100 KMD (~$25 at current market prices), then it does not seem like any urgent thing to achieve. $25 is within the reach of most people and one millionth the coin supply was arbitrarily set as the minimum DEX increment. Also, consider that if you are trading in lots of $1, then why not just use a central exchange? It won’t be any large disaster regardless of what happens to it.

How do I change BTCD for KMD?

You must register on https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ and send them to your Btcd deposit address and then request a payout. The payouts are processed manually the first friday of each month. Save your Komodo address seed that is needed to access your Kmd with Agama wallet!

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
Activity: 282
Merit: 260
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
I am managing things as if it was a long term marathon, so things like long term financial viability are much more important than whether it will get pumped to an artificially high price for a short period of time in an unsustainable pump.

And this is one of the main reasons I support KMD.

Note to newbies. You want devs (and teams) like this ^
Activity: 148
Merit: 102
"So the question is if we should disable basilisk mode to eliminate all basilisk tech support issues and force people to use native mode?"

I would be in favor of this so long as i can direct blockchain storage to my 2TB HDD that is reserved for blocks.
My main drive a SDD with 120 GB is reserved for OS and app, wallet, programs, etc etc. So you know, for me and i think
Most people this is one of the issues with storage of blockchains is how you setup your systems and drives. Ifwe can do that,
I would gladly store and support this blockchain as well.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
So the question is if we should disable basilisk mode to eliminate all basilisk tech support issues and force people to use native mode?

Do you mean ditch Basilisk and later develop a separate light wallet or not have a non-native option altogether?  Light wallets are pretty much considered a given in Cryptoland these days, but putting it aside for a while in order to allow the dev team to breath a little bit won't be detrimental.

I am not aware of any other lite wallet that doesnt rely on a centralized website.

basilisk might appear as a normal litewallet, but remember that there is no centralized website, but rather a stake voted 64 notary nodes that makes it at least distributed.

I think we need to put things in proper perspective. Let us evaluate KMD based on native mode and whatever functionality basilisk mode has is a bonus. I do not think it makes sense to setup a centralized litewallet server officially, but if somebody wants to do it then they are certainly welcome to do so.

Our priorities are of course to stabilize the GUI and enable the more cutting edge features, like smartaddresses. It is strange that I do not see any questions about smartaddresses. I guess everybody fully understands what it is? However considering that the same question about how to get the 5% APR has been asked over fifty times, it seems hard to imagine how people are fully understanding what smartaddresses are.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
One more stupid suggestion I can give to the team today (while having the last few shots).
We are all not eternal, KMD network can survive all of us (yeah, bus joke)

James, please do some kind of hierarchy + post. Stress test would be plausible while the system is still in a newborn state..
I havent seen any stupid suggestions from you, but not sure what you mean by hierarchy + post.

The network was stressed during the week of hacker attacks, once the codebase was strengthened, the attacks appear to have shifted to user level with phishing websites and fake users promising fake returns in slack.

For the record, I never promised any 20x return on SuperNET. In fact, I said I didnt know how long it would take for SuperNET to be completed so SuperNET was sold at book value without any premium for being a growth instrument. After a very long bear market and paying for all the costs along the way, the book value is above the funds raised in the ICO, the trading price is also above the ICO price. Granted it isnt any giant ROI, but considering that we are not completed the roadmap yet it is not a bad interim value.

KMD was sold with only 10% reserved for the KMD team, which is on the low end of ICO's. Financially, it appears that like SuperNET we have a negative burn rate (meaning over time the funds available is growing), so we expect to be able to continue to pay for all development and notary costs for quite a long time. The only big financial issue is the challenge of dealing with the next bear market, whenever it arrives. We are already making plans regarding this to ensure the long term survival of KMD. The biggest troll attack against the ICO was how we could cap the maximum raised at 30,000 BTC. We never said it was a minimum, but it was spun into where we somehow required 30,000 BTC. The total amount raised was less than 10% of that, but it is enough to fund the notary nodes and a conservatively sized development team and a reasonable marketing expenditure. For those that believe good devs grow on trees and it is a matter of spending money to get them, please let me know where the good devs orchard is. Hiring quality devs is not any easy thing and to maintain fiscal responsibility I err on the side of not spending the funds, having the theory that once the money is spent you no longer have it.

KMD is up 2x to 3x in fiat terms (~50% in BTC) from ICO (depending on your bonus level), it isnt 100x and I apologize for that. I know I am not delivering on the 100x ROI promise that I didnt make.

While I have visited Hawaii, I am not living there, nor do I plan to visit it anytime soon.

For BTCD, after it went up 60 fold from when I joined the coin, I did say it would take quite a bit longer for it to 60x again (total 3600x gain). I think we are a quadrupling away from the second 60x gain and for people still holding BTCD or who have converted to KMD at the original cost basis, the gains have been indeed quite good. (over 500x in a bit less than 4 years)

I know people would like to make easy money instantly without any hard thinking. For that you can always play the pump of the day lottery on polo. Unfortunately there is no guarantee you pick the right coin. Bittrex is now getting almost 15% the volume of poloniex, so it can easily support some very large marketcap coins (like WAVES) and there is no urgent need to be listed on poloniex. Of course, more liquidity is always welcome and if we do get listed, that would be a nice thing.

I am managing things as if it was a long term marathon, so things like long term financial viability are much more important than whether it will get pumped to an artificially high price for a short period of time in an unsustainable pump.

That being said, with about 20 coins in the 100 million USD+ marketcap, I would not consider KMD joining it to be any far fetched scenario. For all the issues via GUI, at the komodod level things have been very solid for over six months (ignore the hacker attack week!). If we imagined a solid GUI where people are using native mode (so there are no basilisk issues at all), then it would be a lot less tech support issues.

So the question is if we should disable basilisk mode to eliminate all basilisk tech support issues and force people to use native mode? Fundamentally, using basilisk mode means you are relying on nodes that are not your own and therefore it is less reliable. That means it isnt as reliable as running a native mode locally, so there will be times where it isnt working smoothly.

So if people can view KMD as komodod mode plus GUI with native mode plus GUI with basilisk mode, then the question is if the extra modes has negative value where we are better off disabling it.

I think we should reserve judgement until the revamped Agama is out and then if basilisk mode is still unreliable to strongly consider to force people to use only the native mode.

Did I mention that we are currently testing smartaddresses?
Today the gui team has shared some screenshot of the next release in #komodo channel of Supernet Slack. Again it's too early to tell a date for release but the job is proceeding well. The Agama gui is similar but now you can save your list of coins and start Agama without needing to activate each one every time. But most important are the invisible changes, that is all the new backend code that should fix the recurring issues and make it easier to track and fix bugs.

Thank you for your help . Yes, it's working and it  has opened at once but I can not see the balance it's still shown like this

It's a frequent issue with Agama, if you wait enough it will show the balance. Sometimes it can take 15-30 min. Also try "refresh" or "clear cache and fetch wallet data" and wait
Activity: 255
Merit: 250
I have a issue with this agama app when I log in . Here is my proof

What's the issue with my agama application?

There has been a recent surge of connection problems to the Basilisk serves, the reason is unknow. The only remedy is editing the file "config.json" and change the line "skipBasiliskNetworkCheck" to "true", in this way Agama will open even if it can't connect to them all.
Thank you for your help . Yes, it's working and it  has opened at once but I can not see the balance it's still shown like this

so is this issue relative to agama server or my computer?

There has been a recent surge of connection problems to the Basilisk serves, the reason is unknow. The only remedy is editing the file "config.json" and change the line "skipBasiliskNetworkCheck" to "true", in this way Agama will open even if it can't connect to them all.
Activity: 255

so I can not check my balance  after thet I can not access this application. Here is my proof

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Don't forget to vote for Polo to add KMD.
https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
every vote has its own worth so do not feel hesitation to take participation.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I cant get this Agama latest version wallet working no matter what i do and try. It never gets pass the loading screen, and gets stuck usually around 33/50.
I can get the older iguana wallet working, but even when that one loads i cant send my KMD out of it. Ive tried alot of different things with no luck so far.
Windows 10, all firewalls and Avast off, uninstalling ,reinstalling, doing the .DLL readme instructions, opening ports etc etc.

Anyone get this thing working after having similar problems?

I have a same problem like yours but it sometimes happens with me. I turned off this agama and wait for a while then I turn it on it's running ok.
I want to ask about the interest of KMD so Do I always need to turn on the Agama application to get an interest of KMD?

No, you area always receiving it automatically.
Activity: 401
Merit: 257
I cant get this Agama latest version wallet working no matter what i do and try. It never gets pass the loading screen, and gets stuck usually around 33/50.
I can get the older iguana wallet working, but even when that one loads i cant send my KMD out of it. Ive tried alot of different things with no luck so far.
Windows 10, all firewalls and Avast off, uninstalling ,reinstalling, doing the .DLL readme instructions, opening ports etc etc.

I have a same problem like yours but it sometimes happens with me. I turned off this agama and wait for a while then I turn it on it's running ok.
I want to ask about the interest of KMD so Do I always need to turn on the Agama application to get an interest of KMD?
Activity: 383
Merit: 252

you need to new version or to go to the config.json file and change basilisk setting
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
XRP price with 38,305,873,865 coins = 0.00014154 BTC    

KMD price with 100,945,510 coins = 0.00015763 BTC

Stupid jl777 with shit projects like supernet (delisted from poloniex)

Comparing apples to oranges,  a bank backed, heavily VC funded centralized system vs a crowd funded decentralized system

Have fun with your KYC/AML  sheep!
Activity: 441
Bigboss
One more stupid suggestion I can give to the team today (while having the last few shots).
We are all not eternal, KMD network can survive all of us (yeah, bus joke)

James, please do some kind of hierarchy + post. Stress test would be plausible while the system is still in a newborn state..
Jump to: