Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 455. (Read 1192000 times)

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
Don't we all love dividend!  Kiss  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Announcement
The revenue generated by the decentralized exchange layer will be allocated in the following way:

DEX Revenues (EasyDEX & InstantDEX)
- 50 % to DEX assetholders
- 15 % to JUMBLR asset (NXTprivacy in NXT)
- 15 % to BOTS asset (NXTcoinsco in NXT)
- 5 % to REVS asset
- 5 % to MGW asset (MGW in NXT)
- 5 % to operating costs
- 5% to faucets/promotions
Set Your Ideas Free
Someone please confirm that i can change my payout address from the ICO site. Agama is not working at all. I have no other way to access my coins now

If you already requested the payout then it would have to be manually canceled so you could change the payout address.

What's the problem with Agama? I'm sure we can help!

Few things to check first:
 1) make sure your firewall or antivirus program is not blocking Agama

2) launch Agama and see to how many Basilisk Servers you connect to, you should be connecting to 8 (if you are connecting to 50, then let me know and I'll explain further steps)

3) had you previously installed "Iguana Desktop App"? If so, you will have to uninstall it first, and then install Agama Desktop App. More info: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Agama/wiki/Agama-Desktop-Installation-and-Upgrade-Instructions

4) If you are using basilisk mode you will have to go to 'basilisk actions' and click 'clear and fetch basilisk data'
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Someone please confirm that i can change my payout address from the ICO site. Agama is not working at all. I have no other way to access my coins now
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
trusted people are hard to find , need some real life contract and surely
some time on the code to understand it. keep up the good work

I've a lot of trust in this coin. Great and experienced dev team, good coin and low price.
To the moon in a couple of weeks or months, that's for sure  Smiley

Where can I find the roadmap of KMD?

There is no exact roadmap. I'll try to summarize it quickly, but of course it is constantly moving a bit. This roadmap includes also SuperNET roadmap, which is very relevant for Komodo too.

1) DEX layer with liquidity provider nodes
 2) With working DEX we can continue testing the BTC anonymizing feature in Jumblr and finish it
 ---------- with these two in place the Agama will be pretty much fully functioning ----------
3) Komodo Currencies phase 2, which will allow us to scale their market capitalizations
4) Komodo Smart Contracts (this is the latest addition that we are now talking about, and planning)
5) Pangea poker backend (Pangea will party require Komodo Smart contract tech)

There's also a lot of GUI development to be done, manly for Agama, InstantDEX and Pangea

It's very hard to give any dates, and they would be very broad estimations. Thus we think it's better if we don't give any exact timeline, but our platform has been advancing with a very impressive speed lately! Really the most work was done in 2015/2016 when jl777 was coding Iguana Core.

In late 2016 we started with a Zcash fork and by now we have finished:
 - delayed proof of work consensus
 - we had elections and we got 62 notary nodes around the world giving protection
 - launched 50 assetchains each with their independent blockchains, those are are using dPoW
 - Satinder has made impressive progress with Agama (published just few months ago)
 - developend and launched Komodo Currencies (phase 1)
 - defeated a lot of blockchain attacks, which made Komodo a lot stronger
 - launched/developed KV-coin (key/value database), which is required by DEX
 - lot of enhancement to our backend performance, for example to Iguana Core

I might have missed something, not sure.

Hi Devs,
Any plans to hire some more programmers to speed up the progress and our developments?
Komodo have an impressive Roadmap, but with the slow progress and bugs we having now, someone is going to take our ideas and be the first to use it in their Bloackchain/Platform. Because this is an open project so others are free to use or copy our ideas.

I recommend to hire some more people, i mean we need a groups of Devs to handle each iOS, Linux & Windows GUI.
So we can speed up our GUI development & fixing the bugs, because curently we still have some people who having problems with Agama wallet on Windows version.

First of all, the GUI progress hasn't been slow considering the complexity of the application. The GUI has two coin daemons in it: komodod and Iguana Core. Getting Komodo GUI for windows and mac wasn't that easy either, as the Zcash team officially only supports Linux. All in all, there was a lot of things that had to be done and a lot of moving parts that add to the complexity. I'm not the right person to talk about it from a technical perspective though.

The GUI team has three persons in it: Satinder Grewal, ca333, and pbca26. The problem of hiring new GUI devs is the complexity part. A new guy cannot just jump in and start contributing. First, he has to educate himself about pretty much everything SuperNET has been developing. If the GUI dev doesn't have a blockchain background, then he also has to understand that aspect.

If the team were to hire another person, it would drain a lot of their resources to get him educated and up to speed so that he could make a contribution. The conclusion was that the fastest way to finish all the tasks is just to let them do their job. In fact, they have been doing a great job! (Agama is a native multi-coin wallet, there is nothing like it on the market elsewhere).

Satinder did say that after the GUI is working and the pieces are in right places, we can have another GUI team to take over. That team would turn the working product into a grandma-friendly product ready for mass market adoption.

That all being said, it has been acknowledged that the situation could change. It's not so much that we wouldn't like to hire more people, but who to hire? How do we find the guy?

For us to find a new GUI dev, the following has to happen. Someone would have to join our community and be interested in our product so much that he takes his free time to study and understand the product, then offer his help. Then we could hire him, and the GUI projects would finish faster.

You guys are doing fine, don't worry about what people outside the industry think, stay the course. Nothing great was ever built in a day including Rome...

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Vote for Komodo!

There is a voting and Komodo is one of the candidates - if it wins it will enter monthly cryptocurrency ranks published by BitHub.pl.

We allow You to choose ten cryptocurrencies in this month. They will be added to the monthly rank and therefore enlarge it from top20 to top30 months` most popular cryptocurrencies.

Voting will last until 28th of April 2017 23:59:59 UTC + 01:00. Top 10 cryptocurrencies which gain the highest number of votes will win.

You can vote here:
http://bithub.pl/english/voting-for-new-cryptocurrencies-in-the-monthly-rank/

Another "look over there moment" who cares about some stupid poll on some irrelevant web site?.....it looks like politics 101

Cheers Jon  Roll Eyes

what exactly do you want jl777 to do, can you be specific?
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Vote for Komodo!

There is a voting and Komodo is one of the candidates - if it wins it will enter monthly cryptocurrency ranks published by BitHub.pl.

We allow You to choose ten cryptocurrencies in this month. They will be added to the monthly rank and therefore enlarge it from top20 to top30 months` most popular cryptocurrencies.

Voting will last until 28th of April 2017 23:59:59 UTC + 01:00. Top 10 cryptocurrencies which gain the highest number of votes will win.

You can vote here:

Another "look over there moment" who cares about some stupid poll on some irrelevant web site?.....it looks like politics 101

Cheers Jon  Roll Eyes
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
into the clusterfuck
Voted & never lost faith.
Keep it up Komodo Team!
Activity: 7
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Community Manager - WLC
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

I want to join voting on this website but I don't know how to vote KMD coin? Please make a full guide to do it. Thanks.

Go there by clicking the link above. On the page that opens, click where it says "Komodo (KMD)" That's all you have to do...

Just voted KMD Smiley
You have my vote!! Smiley Keep up the great work guys!
Activity: 17
This great project need to be listed on top with its potential!  Grin
Activity: 121
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

I want to join voting on this website but I don't know how to vote KMD coin? Please make a full guide to do it. Thanks.

Go there by clicking the link above. On the page that opens, click where it says "Komodo (KMD)" That's all you have to do...

Just voted KMD Smiley
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
I've a lot of trust in this coin. Great and experienced dev team, good coin and low price.

There is no exact roadmap. I'll try to summarize it quickly, but of course it is constantly moving a bit. This roadmap includes also SuperNET roadmap, which is very relevant for Komodo too.

2) With working DEX we can continue testing the BTC anonymizing feature in Jumblr and finish it
 ---------- with these two in place the Agama will be pretty much fully functioning ----------
3) Komodo Currencies phase 2, which will allow us to scale their market capitalizations
4) Komodo Smart Contracts (this is the latest addition that we are now talking about, and planning)

There's also a lot of GUI development to be done, manly for Agama, InstantDEX and Pangea

It's very hard to give any dates, and they would be very broad estimations. Thus we think it's better if we don't give any exact timeline, but our platform has been advancing with a very impressive speed lately! Really the most work was done in 2015/2016 when jl777 was coding Iguana Core.

- we had elections and we got 62 notary nodes around the world giving protection
 - launched 50 assetchains each with their independent blockchains, those are are using dPoW
 - Satinder has made impressive progress with Agama (published just few months ago)

Hi Devs,
Any plans to hire some more programmers to speed up the progress and our developments?
Komodo have an impressive Roadmap, but with the slow progress and bugs we having now, someone is going to take our ideas and be the first to use it in their Bloackchain/Platform. Because this is an open project so others are free to use or copy our ideas.

I recommend to hire some more people, i mean we need a groups of Devs to handle each iOS, Linux & Windows GUI.
So we can speed up our GUI development & fixing the bugs, because curently we still have some people who having problems with Agama wallet on Windows version.

First of all, the GUI progress hasn't been slow considering the complexity of the application. The GUI has two coin daemons in it: komodod and Iguana Core. Getting Komodo GUI for windows and mac wasn't that easy either, as the Zcash team officially only supports Linux. All in all, there was a lot of things that had to be done and a lot of moving parts that add to the complexity. I'm not the right person to talk about it from a technical perspective though.

The GUI team has three persons in it: Satinder Grewal, ca333, and pbca26. The problem of hiring new GUI devs is the complexity part. A new guy cannot just jump in and start contributing. First, he has to educate himself about pretty much everything SuperNET has been developing. If the GUI dev doesn't have a blockchain background, then he also has to understand that aspect.

If the team were to hire another person, it would drain a lot of their resources to get him educated and up to speed so that he could make a contribution. The conclusion was that the fastest way to finish all the tasks is just to let them do their job. In fact, they have been doing a great job! (Agama is a native multi-coin wallet, there is nothing like it on the market elsewhere).

Satinder did say that after the GUI is working and the pieces are in right places, we can have another GUI team to take over. That team would turn the working product into a grandma-friendly product ready for mass market adoption.

That all being said, it has been acknowledged that the situation could change. It's not so much that we wouldn't like to hire more people, but who to hire? How do we find the guy?

For us to find a new GUI dev, the following has to happen. Someone would have to join our community and be interested in our product so much that he takes his free time to study and understand the product, then offer his help. Then we could hire him, and the GUI projects would finish faster.

You guys are doing fine, don't worry about what people outside the industry think, stay the course. Nothing great was ever built in a day including Rome...

Activity: 128
Merit: 10
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

just click on kmd button
Activity: 140
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

My vote @KMD.
SYS and DCR have better support at the moment, but we can do it. This community must wake up and help in spreading some good vibes..

KMD vote now at 57 votes (8%) compared with Decred 178 votes (26%) and SYS 262 votes (38%) - long way to go to catch up.

Get voting!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:

My vote @KMD.
SYS and DCR have better support at the moment, but we can do it. This community must wake up and help in spreading some good vibes..
Set Your Ideas Free
Vote for Komodo!

You can vote here:
Set Your Ideas Free

Hi Devs,

Jump to: