Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 519. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 515
Merit: 502
Anybody knows when cryptox is going to list Komodo again ?

I think so, why not? KMD has good volume there, after all things are solved, they will list KMD very soon.

It depends on them but that exchange needs a lot of improvements. The lack of 24h support and huge backend flaws contributed to the losses for the bug exploit. The other exchanges were able to stop trading as soon as they were asked to.
Activity: 307
Merit: 250

I think so, why not? KMD has good volume there, after all things are solved, they will list KMD very soon.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Activity: 119
Merit: 11
Quote from: royalfestus link=topic=1605144.msg18204846#msg18204846
Reaction to the threat is impressive, just need assurance it wont happen again, a promise for a future rally. provide more trade in poloniex to impress and improve the demand.

No one can ever give assurances like that, 'it wont happen again', all the dev team can do is give promises on how they will approach fixing problems when they inevitably happen, and what steps will be taken to mitigate losses, and protect users from unintended consequences.  In this latest incident komodo devs showed they can fix problem fast, and will take steps to compensate those negatively effected. They get full marks for the response, but they would be foolish to promise there will be no more bugs in the software, and the devs are not fools, so I don't expect them to promise bugs will never happen again.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
So if the hacker was able to mine block after block... does that indicate the hacker is running a notary node?...... as Notary Nodes get to mine most blocks......I'm asking this as I have not seen this conspiracy theory

raised yet..... I struggle with lets run decentralized coin by centralizing most of the mining power, sounds a little oxymoronic to me.......Anyway if someone can explain how someone could mine block after block I for one

would love to know how....AFAIK this is the real question

Cheers Jon  Wink
I understand
notary nodes sign each block they mine
attacker used GPU to mine and when he was the only one left mining on his chain, he was getting all the blocks.

you can do that with any coin, even bitcoin. Just disconnect from all peers and start mining. When you go on a fork, you often end up mining many blocks, its just not anything others will recognize.

64 nodes is a bit of a distance away from being centralized. Many coins have about that many total nodes. KMD has all the notary nodes, plus mining pools and independent miners, all able to mine blocks. Current balance is about 70% notary nodes, 30% others, but some of the big mining pools are not back online yet, I think we will end up in the 40/60 to 60/40 range.

By dividing the blocks in to roughly equal halves, neither population can get any confidence to conduct an attack and this provides more security

Thank you for your reply. I understand mining your own fork...... I don't understand how could they then move them onto exchange if they were not recognized on real blockchain. Surely the

transaction should never have been confirmed during deposit to exchange.

As for centralization...... being ether one of 64 who get to mine 50% or one of millions who get to mine 50%, your correct very little difference

Cheers Jon  Cool 

There was a bug that allowed  him to create more coins each time he found a block. The bug was similar to the bug Bitcoin had in its early days.

More info here: https://supernet.org/en/resources/updates/komodo-bug-found-how-we-defeated-an-attack

Any updates on a bug free wallet?

Yes,

A lot better version can be downloaded from here: github.com/SuperNETorg/iguana/releases

We are going to make installers, and after that it will be available on supernet.org too.
Reaction to the threat is impressive, just need assurance it wont happen again, a promise for a future rally. provide more trade in poloniex to impress and improve the demand.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
So if the hacker was able to mine block after block... does that indicate the hacker is running a notary node?...... as Notary Nodes get to mine most blocks......I'm asking this as I have not seen this conspiracy theory

raised yet..... I struggle with lets run decentralized coin by centralizing most of the mining power, sounds a little oxymoronic to me.......Anyway if someone can explain how someone could mine block after block I for one

Cheers Jon  Wink
I understand
attacker used GPU to mine and when he was the only one left mining on his chain, he was getting all the blocks.

you can do that with any coin, even bitcoin. Just disconnect from all peers and start mining. When you go on a fork, you often end up mining many blocks, its just not anything others will recognize.

64 nodes is a bit of a distance away from being centralized. Many coins have about that many total nodes. KMD has all the notary nodes, plus mining pools and independent miners, all able to mine blocks. Current balance is about 70% notary nodes, 30% others, but some of the big mining pools are not back online yet, I think we will end up in the 40/60 to 60/40 range.

By dividing the blocks in to roughly equal halves, neither population can get any confidence to conduct an attack and this provides more security

Thank you for your reply. I understand mining your own fork...... I don't understand how could they then move them onto exchange if they were not recognized on real blockchain. Surely the

As for centralization...... being ether one of 64 who get to mine 50% or one of millions who get to mine 50%, your correct very little difference

Cheers Jon  Cool 

There was a bug that allowed  him to create more coins each time he found a block. The bug was similar to the bug Bitcoin had in its early days.

More info here: https://supernet.org/en/resources/updates/komodo-bug-found-how-we-defeated-an-attack

Yes,

A lot better version can be downloaded from here: github.com/SuperNETorg/iguana/releases

We are going to make installers, and after that it will be available on supernet.org too.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Cheers Jon  Wink
I understand

Cheers Jon  Cool 

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Cheers Jon  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

Cheers Jon  Wink

As everyone left the chain he was able to mine more and more. He was not a notary node.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Cheers Jon  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Can someone please explain how the Iguana wallet works?
I am trying to send KMD but there is no send button what gives?

I am in basilisk mode and I can see my balance, but where the hell is the send button?

If you are using an old wallet version click the "+" sign top right.

If you are using the new version click the big button with send written on it Smiley

Wallet links here :

https://github.com/SuperNETorg/iguana/releases
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
A small tip for frustrated users/investors:

Expectation is everything.  I used to be pretty frustrated due to all the delays and issues that have arise thus far, but I now realize that was because I expected perfection from the start.

This is a very big, complex, and unique project that tries to solve to a lot of things in the cryptocurrency and fiat world and therefore, will have a lot of issues/bugs starting out.  The team is not perfect, but they haven't given up and are still working.  So it will require a lot of patience to see things get done correctly.  Definitely much more patience required compared to other projects out there.  So just keep this in mind and you'll be much happier.

I think the only surest way to lose money is to sell now.  So I would hold on for awhile.  If the current rise of some other alt coins are any indication, then KMD has a pretty bright future ahead of it.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

I am in basilisk mode and I can see my balance, but where the hell is the send button?

Damn bro, it is the only red button of the wallet on top lol
Activity: 687
Merit: 500

Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
If shadowcash marketcap is 3 x komodo, then komodo is seriously undervalued.

I expect an easy 3 times + increase in the future.

Shadowcash ......hahahahaha rofl

How do you come up with your valuation of Komodo. I know the price presently is undervalue and I missed the 3000sat price. The issue is that the development team haven't convince people they know what they are doing
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
only 10 payout requests so far, considering this week, I hope it is ok to delay payouts till next friday.

a bi-weekly schedule seems more appropriate with so few requests

What will be with coins which were bought on cryptox.pl?
What answers cryptox.pl?
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1462
Yes, I'm an asshole
~snip~

why don't the dev make a way that allow us to withdraw from them directly to exchanger wallet while they try to fix the bug on windows wallet?

~snip~

You always have been able to withdraw from the ico site directly to an exchange address.

There is even a guide on the first page of this thread.
~snip~

If you have already withdrawn from the ico site then a possible option is to give an Escrow member your seed and get them to send the funds to an exchange address for you if you are desperate.

Sorry, didn't mean to whine or anything (geez, I sound like am whining right now), I am aware of that guide on the first page, but I can't do that since on the ICO page, they said my balance is 0. I have asked about the possibility to send to bittrex got a reply from komodoplatform (the post is here) and we have discussion through PM stating that I need iguana to transfer.

Hi,

Thank you for your fast and attentive response. About the balance that is 0, I participate on the signature campaign and eligible for some kmd by the end of the period and I've submitted my address during the submission time.

Please advise.

Hi, I checked, you were paid. It is here:

https://kpx.io/accounts/R9biWRWRVedJh8FKqWY8Y3FWnV6XupYWYH

You just cannot see it with the ICO site, it's just made for the ICO. You need to use the seed to login to Iguana.

New Iguana version is published soon, the currrent one is a bit buggy.

So, it is actually normal and everything is alright with that "0" balance on my payout, right? And I didn't take any misstep or anything?

Is there any way to send using exchanger instead of using iguana?

Thank you

Yes, the ICO site won't show your balance as it uses internal balances (not blockchain balances).

You will have to use Iguana to transfer them.

Any suggestion here?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
only 10 payout requests so far, considering this week, I hope it is ok to delay payouts till next friday.

I haven't requested yet, waiting on a working wallet so i can transfer back and forth for my 5%.

You only need to transfer 1 time per year for the 5% interest

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

I haven't requested yet, waiting on a working wallet so i can transfer back and forth for my 5%.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Jump to: