Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 562. (Read 1192000 times)

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Some idiot dumped about 250k when we reached 12.5 k . Hate those people
These movements are great for averaging down your buy in price if you're holding long term.

I dumped at ICO price and picked up the low. Will continue on this course for as long as I can. Doing the same with eth. Not rocket science and versus holding,  I've more than tripled my original amount of KMD.

Long term KMD is not for me but each to their own,  this is crypto and as long as I can turn a weekly wage, I'm still supporting it in my own way.
I think this has given us a great opportunity to increase our bag of kmd.I am waiting for further price fall.Honestly I am waiting to buy below ICO price Grin
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
These movements are great for averaging down your buy in price if you're holding long term.

I dumped at ICO price and picked up the low. Will continue on this course for as long as I can. Doing the same with eth. Not rocket science and versus holding,  I've more than tripled my original amount of KMD.

Long term KMD is not for me but each to their own,  this is crypto and as long as I can turn a weekly wage, I'm still supporting it in my own way.

There was a trading volume prize , did you won? if yes well done
i did not, because i like hodl, and cause KMD choosen bounties arrived too late for 20k bid price
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Yes,but dumpers like this have decreased.Problem now is BTC rising Grin

I think people are betting on the ETF decision which, at least this time around, is a real long shot. Less than 10% chance of approval. Also, China is shifting to other means of trading since "temporary" exchange shutdowns, India is most likely the next big BTC trader and other countries are discovering Bitcoin. It will all work out in the long run but, lots of volatility right now. KMD is well positioned to take advantage of many of these current and upcoming changes. People selling now are certainly short sighted traders, not users, not believers. Time will change that...

yes,rise of KMD is a matter of time.In some moment will start,sure of that

when you buy at 9000 selling at 12500 is near 40% gain , if it was done in several hours i can call it a good trade

and yes
KMD will rise and fall and rise again

this is trading
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
The other day, some noticed the bittrex wallet was slow to generate a KMD address. The reason was there was a bug in the local wallet code that inadvertently had a 1000 utxo limit. I made a fix for it right away and we deployed a hotfix that cleared up the issue.

However, during the incident assessment, we decided to make sure much larger utxo wont confuse the wallet. The goal was to get a stable wallet behavior with 1 million+ utxo, which we expect will be much more than any real world wallet would ever get.

So we created an internal assetchain called UTXO to create this million utxo wallet. With several nodes filling up blocks with tx to the same address, we got it to almost 600,000 utxo today.

After verifying that the tx sending still worked, but was sluggish, I added some optimizations and now it is still on the slow side (half a million utxo wallet after all!), it is running stable.

So, we will continue to push more utxo into the wallet and will continue to test as it goes above 1 million and beyond.

Good job. This will be my first time transferring some kmd to bittrex and it is slow. 30 confirmations is normal?
yes 20 confirmations is recommended.
make sure on blockexplorer (kpx.io) that your deposit made it to the blockchain
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor
The other day, some noticed the bittrex wallet was slow to generate a KMD address. The reason was there was a bug in the local wallet code that inadvertently had a 1000 utxo limit. I made a fix for it right away and we deployed a hotfix that cleared up the issue.

However, during the incident assessment, we decided to make sure much larger utxo wont confuse the wallet. The goal was to get a stable wallet behavior with 1 million+ utxo, which we expect will be much more than any real world wallet would ever get.

So we created an internal assetchain called UTXO to create this million utxo wallet. With several nodes filling up blocks with tx to the same address, we got it to almost 600,000 utxo today.

After verifying that the tx sending still worked, but was sluggish, I added some optimizations and now it is still on the slow side (half a million utxo wallet after all!), it is running stable.

So, we will continue to push more utxo into the wallet and will continue to test as it goes above 1 million and beyond.

Good job. This will be my first time transferring some kmd to bittrex and it is slow. 30 confirmations is normal?
legendary

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

I think people are betting on the ETF decision which, at least this time around, is a real long shot. Less than 10% chance of approval. Also, China is shifting to other means of trading since "temporary" exchange shutdowns, India is most likely the next big BTC trader and other countries are discovering Bitcoin. It will all work out in the long run but, lots of volatility right now. KMD is well positioned to take advantage of many of these current and upcoming changes. People selling now are certainly short sighted traders, not users, not believers. Time will change that...

yes,rise of KMD is a matter of time.In some moment will start,sure of that
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

No long term vision and distinct lack of patience. Lots of 'em around....
Activity: 383
Merit: 250

When the price plummets, dumpers won't dump and panic sellers got rid of komodo cruise, therefore no more worry about the price, strong investors will lead us to the island.
Activity: 282
Merit: 260
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Merit: 505
Why the transaction function in wallet don't work again?
wallet notification:
sent transaction failed. prease check sent transaction page for details/
couldnt create rawtx
legendary
i am ready to test the client side DEX against the marketmaker linked LP node, except for the problem that bitcoin is currently effectively stopped.

blockstream has gotten its wish along with all small blockers and now we have a fee market where all small value tx are priced out and could wait for days (or weeks) to get confirmed. zero-conf tx run the distinct risk of expiring out of the mempool, so any business using zero-conf might be at risk of being double spent on.

just send zero-conf with normal txfee, then resend the utxo with a much higher txfee so it gets confirmed, assuming the nodes have enabled RBF.

anyway with more tx coming in per block than being processed, we get https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count

already we see artifacts from nodes having problems (big downward spikes). With more and more of the bitcoin ledger state in the volatile mempool, it is a matter of time before people switch to bitcoin unlimited and vote for 8MB blocks or at least 2MB blocks. Alternative is segwit 1.5MB block, which wont even handle the current load.

So, I cant test KMD/BTC DEX pair... I guess I will use the KMD/USD pair for DEX testing
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro
Help Us Test Iguana

The new release with easy installers is coming early next week, possibly on Monday. If you just want to use the wallet then you should wait for it. However, if you would like to help the dev team and test Iguana you can do that today.

Instructions are here: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Iguana

Give feedback & bug reports in our Slack channel #iguana and/or GitHub

This if for testing purposes only! Please no complains about it not working, it’s always being updated with new code.

Consider this a hot code right off the dev's computer on this repo. In the case of burns, or issues, don't complain.

It is only for the brave ones, who understands how to deal with expected technical issues and to get their hands on practice directly on the code.

Good for devs who are getting into crypto and learning new stuff and exploring Komodo and it's dev environment. But it's not good at all for an everyday user.

Happy playing and troubleshooting.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Help Us Test Iguana

The new release with easy installers is coming early next week, possibly on Monday. If you just want to use the wallet then you should wait for it. However, if you are brave and curious enough you can test it even today.

Instructions are here: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Iguana

This if for testing/'playing around' purposes only! Please no complains about it not working, it’s always being updated with new code.
Jump to: