Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 566. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
if tokens where not locked on ico accounts ...komodo would have join rise price range  Grin Grin Grin

why you make control withdraws?? devs dumping first scam again?  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 391
Adding more pressure to the GUI team to release, that I could do, but that would seem counter productive as they are all working hard and making good progress and adding pressure could well just create delay.

How about a bit of pressure on the marketing team?  As far as I can tell, they have done very little up to this point.  A bit disappointing to be honest, considering the scope of this project and the tech involved.

You can code and build things all you want, but it makes no difference if you can't get the word out there.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing
I finally decide to install iguana app to try to access my KMD from ICO, downloaded the windows version from supernet, but after finished installation and trying to run the program, it said that the version is not compatible to my windows (currently runnning on win7 32bit). Is there something I missed?

Try to install this, 32bit version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Nope, didn't work. I've tried to reinstall the app too, but the error is still the same. Another suggestion?

Two suggestions:

1. Could you try right clicking the shortcut and run as administrator, see if anything is different.
2. Again right click the shortcut, go to Properties then Compatibility > Run in Compatibility mode. Again see if anything is different.
Why can't there be a simple wallet for kmd like bitcoin wallets?
Even waves lite web wallet is easy to use?why lguna is so.much technically complicated to use?
Wallets are meant for laymen aren't they?

A) Iguana is not hard to use.

B) a simple basic wallet is in development.

How long will it take to be realised?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
I finally decide to install iguana app to try to access my KMD from ICO, downloaded the windows version from supernet, but after finished installation and trying to run the program, it said that the version is not compatible to my windows (currently runnning on win7 32bit). Is there something I missed?

Try to install this, 32bit version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Nope, didn't work. I've tried to reinstall the app too, but the error is still the same. Another suggestion?

Two suggestions:

1. Could you try right clicking the shortcut and run as administrator, see if anything is different.
2. Again right click the shortcut, go to Properties then Compatibility > Run in Compatibility mode. Again see if anything is different.
Even waves lite web wallet is easy to use?why lguna is so.much technically complicated to use?

A) Iguana is not hard to use.

B) a simple basic wallet is in development.

Activity: 420
So will this be part of the  iguana core? Also will you be able to market make other currencies on Bittrex? Maybe polinex when KMD trades on it?
Not part of the iguana core, but part of the iguana app.

any iguana supported currency can be activated

also additional exchanges can be supported and when poloniex adds KMD, of course support for it will be added

poloniex?? hehe sure.... Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Two suggestions:

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
James, is it possible later down the road to code some kind of dapp where funds would ping pong once a day between two accounts thus generating some coins everyday and automatically converting to USD in PAX?
Stable income babe.
that would just be a local script and can be done using bash
but there is no need to send back and forth each day to earn the 5% APR, that is automatic just from passively holding.

I guess it would get the additional 0.15% from compounding

If you want to convert to actual USD, would need to wait for fiat gateway integration.

but yes all this would be possible
Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Two suggestions:

Activity: 632
I think we are going to be stuck in holding patten for a while. There are some large holders of this coin. Is there a way to look at the rich list?
That's the thing, most of the KMDs are in the wallet earning interest. There is maybe about 1% of KMD out there being traded in exchanges. We have to think of a better way to gain wider acceptance and popularity , maybe get Andreas Antonopoulos to write a book about KMD. OR if anybody can write a book about KMD (mastering KMD)  and publish it on Amazon .  So far there are books about bitcoin , and ethereum. Just an Idea.

What would publishing a book on KMD achieve?
Good Question. By riding the waves of Bitcoin popularity using keyword such as " bitcoin" and "Cryptocurrency" on amazon ebook and utilizing title such as " Why KMD will be the next Bitcoin and better?" and publishing the ebook for free on amazon. The book will rise in sales rank. At least everybody on this community can use their amazon account to download the free book to help jump start the Amazon best seller rank on the book. (Also writing review and maybe even added it the Amazon wishlist).  Just for info,  currently the book "Mastering Bitcoin" rank 27512 on amazon best seller rank in books category, so that's really good. ( Considering books category has millions of titles).
Also maybe using affiliate marketing. (if somebody bought KMD through the link, the referrer will get a few KMDs.) This is an old trick to launch product. But this is just a thought, of course.

How about hassle free working wallets that would be a great point to Shrill about....getting very tied of reading how great Komodo is, when there is not even easy to use working wallet. Don't get me wrong I see plenty

of potential..........But a long hard road to get there......James is off coding new features like trading bots while the majority of stake holders are still stuck at stage 1 asking how do I find my Balance...How can I move

my coins....You SHRILLS do my head in

Cheers Jon  Roll Eyes

You do have a point, I guess we just have to wait till the basics are taken care of before "Shrilling it out there". The thing is though the wallet was just launch not too long ago and they have got many bugs fixed and of course there will be many bugs down the road that yet to be discovered, that's the nature of programming. Compare to other cryptocurrencies out there, this team move way faster than any other team out there. Heck, even comcast takes 1 month to come to my house to fix my cable - something that is supposedly stable.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
James, is it possible later down the road to code some kind of dapp where funds would ping pong once a day between two accounts thus generating some coins everyday and automatically converting to USD in PAX?
Stable income babe.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I think we are going to be stuck in holding patten for a while. There are some large holders of this coin. Is there a way to look at the rich list?
That's the thing, most of the KMDs are in the wallet earning interest. There is maybe about 1% of KMD out there being traded in exchanges. We have to think of a better way to gain wider acceptance and popularity , maybe get Andreas Antonopoulos to write a book about KMD. OR if anybody can write a book about KMD (mastering KMD)  and publish it on Amazon .  So far there are books about bitcoin , and ethereum. Just an Idea.

Good Question. By riding the waves of Bitcoin popularity using keyword such as " bitcoin" and "Cryptocurrency" on amazon ebook and utilizing title such as " Why KMD will be the next Bitcoin and better?" and publishing the ebook for free on amazon. The book will rise in sales rank. At least everybody on this community can use their amazon account to download the free book to help jump start the Amazon best seller rank on the book. (Also writing review and maybe even added it the Amazon wishlist).  Just for info,  currently the book "Mastering Bitcoin" rank 27512 on amazon best seller rank in books category, so that's really good. ( Considering books category has millions of titles).
Also maybe using affiliate marketing. (if somebody bought KMD through the link, the referrer will get a few KMDs.) This is an old trick to launch product. But this is just a thought, of course.

How about hassle free working wallets that would be a great point to Shrill about....getting very tied of reading how great Komodo is, when there is not even easy to use working wallet. Don't get me wrong I see plenty

of potential..........But a long hard road to get there......James is off coding new features like trading bots while the majority of stake holders are still stuck at stage 1 asking how do I find my Balance...How can I move

Cheers Jon  Roll Eyes
Not sure why there is this perception that I need to somehow not work on the next thing after I have completed what I am able to do for the current release.

The issues that remain are not anything that I can help with. So, I could just not do any new coding and wait. But that does not seem quite right.

Adding more pressure to the GUI team to release, that I could do, but that would seem counter productive as they are all working hard and making good progress and adding pressure could well just create delay.

Please understand that there is a relatively large team working on komodo and I am doing just the deep core portions. And that by its nature the parts I work on has to be completed before the other parts can be completed, or even started on in some cases.

If it makes you feel better, I do fix any issues with komodod and iguana that are serious bugs at the highest priority, like the overflow crash today. Also, out of the work I am doing on the marketmaker, we were able to get basilisk mode for BTC to work without importaddress and without requiring the notary nodes to run the DEX explorer. This directly relates to the upcoming GUI release, but it only happened as I was creating a new required functionality for the DEX.

Alternatively, I could just not post any details about anything I am working on that is beyond the scope of the current release. However, that would seem to give the "insiders" (people active in slack) a distinct advantage as I do have to communicate what I am doing as it relates to others and that happens in slack.

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

Sorry, I sent the question to the tech support guy and I'm waiting for an answer Embarrassed   

PS: Latest estimate for next wallet release is monday, it should fix a lot of windows problems.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Cheers Jon  Roll Eyes

One word: EXPOSURE

I think putting a KMD faucet on supernet page might increase the page rank of supernet website. Another way to increase exposure and wallet download. Currently supernet.org has Alexa Traffic rank of 1,005,696. But maybe now is not a good time to increase wallet download. Wait till a more stable version.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1462
Yes, I'm an asshole

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Would like to sincerely thank all the dumpers who dumped their coins super cheap to me in this morning well below Ico price...
More for me. Muhhahaha
-DynamicPimp
24 hr volume has dropped Shocked
Don't worry, when bitcoin rises in price, All Alts coin will be in the red and volume will drop. It's the cycle. Hakuna Matata. But It will come a time when KMD won't be affected by this. The time is not now.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
24 hr volume has dropped Shocked

Yea, so? It does happen from time to time ya know.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Jump to: