Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 578. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
I am not able to run Iguana as it says it's not compatible with the Windows version running. How can this be fixed?

what version are you running we have confirmed reports of running of on 7,8,10
Activity: 137
Merit: 101
I am not able to run Iguana as it says it's not compatible with the Windows version running. How can this be fixed?
I think the main problem for the price is the BTCD swapping, The structure of the ICO is unfair to ICO investors and the 1BTCD=50BTC is a free money for those people holding BTCD. This is a coin the price was no where this time last year until the price was pumped up prior to the KMD ICO just to increase it value, this is thesame tactics used by Synereo team,pumped the price to above 40ksat and sell the tokens to ICO investors at 33ksat. Now the current price is 4500sat

BTCD holders were backing James and his developments long before Komodo was ever announced.   The terms of the ICO were announced very clearly,  one could swap BTC or BTCD for Komodo  no one  was lacking opportunity to pick up BTCD at a severe discount prior, during and even shortly after the ICO.  This is not what you call "unfair".   Because you didn't capitalize on an opportunity it is NOT the fault of those who presented you the opportunity in the first place.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Swaps are always sketchy.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
I think the main problem for the price is the BTCD swapping, The structure of the ICO is unfair to ICO investors and the 1BTCD=50BTC is a free money for those people holding BTCD. This is a coin the price was no where this time last year until the price was pumped up prior to the KMD ICO just to increase it value, this is thesame tactics used by Synereo team,pumped the price to above 40ksat and sell the tokens to ICO investors at 33ksat. Now the current price is 4500sat
Activity: 632
18btc buy support only?

Everyone is busy buying instead of listing their buys and waiting for sellers. Look at the volume on Bittrex quite a few BitCoin moving in.

There is a difference in how the price varies with time for coins with high inflation (like ZCASH) and low inflation (like KMD).

For coins like ZCASH, when they are launched only a handful of coins are in circulation and everyone wants to get in, leading to an artificial spike in the price post release. However, with time, large number of coins are in circulation and price goes in a downward spiral untill it is pumped by whales.

For coins like KMD with very low inflation rate (5% per year), everyone who wanted in had a chance to buy during the month long ICO. After the coin is launched the demand for the coin rises slowly and gradually as only the investors who were left out during ICO want to get in. However as time goes demand usually outgrows supply (since very little new coins are minted). and during this time price keeps steady or rise gradually untill a significant event (like acceptance by darknet markets, unexpected Polo listing etc) leads to an exponential growth in price.
I agree and  I would like to sincerely thanks a few dumpers that let me pick up 10k kmd for really cheap below 11k satoshis a piece. We definitely have a strong community that really support and want to see this coin grows. I think most of the dumpers are gone. Also I still have a few btc left to pick up cheap KMD just in case.
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
18btc buy support only?

Everyone is busy buying instead of listing their buys and waiting for sellers. Look at the volume on Bittrex quite a few BitCoin moving in.

There is a difference in how the price varies with time for coins with high inflation (like ZCASH) and low inflation (like KMD).

For coins like ZCASH, when they are launched only a handful of coins are in circulation and everyone wants to get in, leading to an artificial spike in the price post release. However, with time, large number of coins are in circulation and price goes in a downward spiral untill it is pumped by whales.

For coins like KMD with very low inflation rate (5% per year), everyone who wanted in had a chance to buy during the month long ICO. After the coin is launched the demand for the coin rises slowly and gradually as only the investors who were left out during ICO want to get in. However as time goes demand usually outgrows supply (since very little new coins are minted). and during this time price keeps steady or rise gradually untill a significant event (like unexpected Polo listing etc) leads to an exponential growth in price.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
18btc buy support only?

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
May be there's something I didn't quite understand and interests adding up everyday where not added totally if there was no transaction!!??
Concerning the lost of komodo, that wasn't on the transaction itself, but on the total balance which indicated 31961 on the 13th before I sent 11961 kmd to Bittrex and the total balance became 31946 on the 14th when i sent back the 11961 back to my wallet the following day.

by any chance are the balances you mention from the block explorers?
If so they dont reflect interests at all

the total value of an address is the sum of utxo and sum of accrued interest
with many utxo, it gets complicated and messy pretty fast

we will be updating the GUI to clarify this and also to prevent trying to spend more than the sum of all the utxo, which should reduce the "Cant create rawtx" errors a lot

I am pretty sure the "loss" you are seeing is just a display mismatch between what you had accrued vs simple utxo total. The code is pretty explicit in the 5% calculation. There might be a bug of course, but so far I have not seen any related to interests in the recent versions

if you can keep an eye on the total in the GUI and track it to confirm the 5% per day that would be great
Thanks for answering James. I have been taking a snapshot of my wallet almost everyday just to try to understand how interests were implemented when we would or not be doing transactions. I will see how it goes later on.
I am aware of the block explorer not adding up the interests so I only give the numbers from a wallet newly reloaded.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
May be there's something I didn't quite understand and interests adding up everyday where not added totally if there was no transaction!!??
Concerning the lost of komodo, that wasn't on the transaction itself, but on the total balance which indicated 31961 on the 13th before I sent 11961 kmd to Bittrex and the total balance became 31946 on the 14th when i sent back the 11961 back to my wallet the following day.

by any chance are the balances you mention from the block explorers?
If so they dont reflect interests at all

the total value of an address is the sum of utxo and sum of accrued interest
with many utxo, it gets complicated and messy pretty fast

we will be updating the GUI to clarify this and also to prevent trying to spend more than the sum of all the utxo, which should reduce the "Cant create rawtx" errors a lot

I am pretty sure the "loss" you are seeing is just a display mismatch between what you had accrued vs simple utxo total. The code is pretty explicit in the 5% calculation. There might be a bug of course, but so far I have not seen any related to interests in the recent versions

if you can keep an eye on the total in the GUI and track it to confirm the 5% per day that would be great
Concerning the loss of komodo, that wasn't on the transaction itself, but on the total balance which indicated 31961 on the 13th before I sent 11961 kmd to Bittrex and the total balance became 31946 on the 14th when i sent back the 11961 back to my wallet the following day.
legendary
For 2 days straight with the latest iguana wallet, I am not able to send KMD to Bittrex using basilisk mode.
I even confirmed and still no go.
Can't get it to fully sync in Full Mode even after leaving it for 8 hours on a 50mb connection.

I have not had a problem since version 0.1.1.
If there is no network problem, it may be a problem in your installation.
Well I can see everything working fine is basilisk mode, but the balance of KMD is the same. So sending KDM to exchange for some reason doesn't work for me.
I will wait for a working wallet.
Have you tried leaving 10 kmd in your wallet?

I have way more than that on the wallet from day one the wallet was released, I was trying to send like 15 kmd to the exchange to see what happenes, and nothing after a while, funny thing is I noticed I have 1 extra KMD over the original amount I had.
The reason things work better when you dont totally empty a wallet is that the total amount the wallet will spend is the total of utxo, without the interest. So when you see a wallet total of X and spend all of it, then it will likely not work.

We probably need to display the two amounts clearly separately.

Even though you cant spend more than the total of utxo, after you spend most of it, you will get change for the accrued interest that wasnt spendable and for an hour there wont be any accrued interest. so making two payments will let you empty the account (minus txfee)
legendary

I have way more than that on the wallet from day one the wallet was released, I was trying to send like 15 kmd to the exchange to see what happenes, and nothing after a while, funny thing is I noticed I have 1 extra KMD over the original amount I had.

When you spend utxo   you collect interest,  that is where the new kmd came from
to clarify, the interest is accruing all the time. iguana GUI shows interests accrued.

if you look at the total before and after a transaction, you will see the amount of interest change, but the combined total of balance + interest will be the same (minus the tx amount)

Using a bank account analogy, you have a balance (sum of utxo) and you get paid interest (in KMD case that is every block). So there is a balance and and interests. When you make a payment, some amount of the interest is usually used and assuming you are getting change, your balance would go up by the accrued interest that was spent.

I guess it isnt so clear...

The logic is that each utxo accrues interest at 5% per year. When you spend a specific utxo, its accrued interest is added to the inputs, thereby allowing you to cash in the interest for that utxo
legendary
On the 6th of February I had 31929,69 kmd in my wallet at the same time as today.
Today (after 9 days) I have 31951,79 kmd. This amounts to 2.8% interest.  Which doesn't seem close to the 5% we are suppose to get from holding the coins in our wallet.
In between I sent about 1/3 of my coins to an address on Bittrex and sent back the same amount to my wallet the following day and lost 10 komodo by doing these transactions.
Has anyone got some explanation about the discrepancies that I seem to find in my wallet?
Have you found out that you're really getting 5% from holding the coins?
how much accrued interest do you have?
at any given point in time you have the sum of utxo and sum of interests.
unless you spend every last utxo, you will likely have some interest that is accrued but wont show in the explorers

the iguana GUI does show interest.

I dont understand how you lost 10 KMD by doing some transactions, would need the txid to analyze
On the 6th of February I had 31929,69 kmd in my wallet at the same time as today.
Today (after 9 days) I have 31951,79 kmd. This amounts to 2.8% interest.  Which doesn't seem close to the 5% we are suppose to get from holding the coins in our wallet.
In between I sent about 1/3 of my coins to an address on Bittrex and sent back the same amount to my wallet the following day and lost 10 komodo by doing these transactions.
Has anyone got some explanation about the discrepancies that I seem to find in my wallet?
Have you found out that you're really getting 5% from holding the coins?

When you spend utxo   you collect interest,  that is where the new kmd came from
Activity: 248
For 2 days straight with the latest iguana wallet, I am not able to send KMD to Bittrex using basilisk mode.
Can't get it to fully sync in Full Mode even after leaving it for 8 hours on a 50mb connection.

Well I can see everything working fine is basilisk mode, but the balance of KMD is the same. So sending KDM to exchange for some reason doesn't work for me.

Activity: 124
Community Manager - WLC
Noticed in Iguana wallet that it only shows 10 pages of last transactions, 100 total viewable, in case hasn't been covered
Thanks, Keep up the great work!!
Activity: 632

Jump to: