Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 725. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro
In the next weeks you will see a lot of campaigning from the notary nodes operators and this shows that komodo is unique with a community responsive set of notary operators, instead of miners that are just silently mining. The proactive notary operators can and will bring in marketing for komodo in addition to helping expand the overall reach of komodo. Few people really understand the full scope of what komodo can do and the notary node operators are most of this few.

This part deserves a bit highlighted. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
Great explanation , thank you and good work
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
you might have heard about the xmr html GUI having a security flaw that allowed an attacker to do any RPC command if the user went to a site with some special code.

Since iguana GUI is html based, this concerned me and I started investigating. linked up with ca333 who knows a ton about this sort of thing. What I learned was that in html space things are quite dangerous. For the convenience you have a much much much bigger attack surface.

Needless to say we had to improve the security for iguana GUI (if you are using any HTML based GUI it is advisable to make sure it is as secure as required). We finally figured out how to make the iguana html GUI as secure as a QT wallet. It did require some major additions to the baseline, but when security of your money is at stake, then we do what we have to do.

I just released the enhancements needed to the iguana core, so shortly the GUI will be able to utilize it and we can get an html wallet that is both easy to install/use and secure.

Now if your computer is infected with a keylogger or something like that, there isnt much that anything can do, even though with our approach it is somewhat resistant to keylogger. however a keylogger would open a different attack vector which might or might not be prevented based on usage. So, your system must be clean of keyloggers and such malware. In that case even if you browse to an injection attack site you will be protected. Generally speaking, best to not be browing to random sites when using an html wallet. However, if a banner ad leads to a page with injection codes...

The komodod side is in the final stretch. I rebased to the zcash bugfix version that improves performance and fixes some important protected mode bugs.

lots of progress on the assetchains, with over 40 chains now part of the komodo family. just a few more things to validate and I am actually now coding the DEX layer which will be a layer on top of the komodod and iguana core, so it is a nice flexible layer that will be relatively smooth to deploy, ie. just run it as a dapp

I thank everybody for their patience and maturity as we make improvements to the ICO site to accomodate BTCD holders. I know BTC peoples dont really care about such things, but please know that the tech is in the finalization process and this time is needed to get rid of the final showstopper issues.

I would say that a potential security breach via injection websites is pretty important to fix!

Assuming we can get the final two pax functionalities validated, we can mainnet with pax enabled. A fallback release would disable pax for the initial release and we would need to hardfork to enable it. Since the GUI for pax is not yet, it might not be a big deal either way. Personally I prefer to get all the hardforks out of the way while it is in "testnet" status.

In the next weeks you will see a lot of campaigning from the notary nodes operators and this shows that komodo is unique with a community responsive set of notary operators, instead of miners that are just silently mining. The proactive notary operators can and will bring in marketing for komodo in addition to helping expand the overall reach of komodo. Few people really understand the full scope of what komodo can do and the notary node operators are most of this few.

Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Expected price of KMD when it hits exchanges? Also, when will KMD hit exchanges?

Nobody knows for now, you have to wait some weeks. Since 1 BTCD = 50 KMD you can easly calculate (should be around 0.15$) but since is not out yet......
Activity: 777
Merit: 500
Expected price of KMD when it hits exchanges? Also, when will KMD hit exchanges?
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
something new something old
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hello! everyone in Komodo land! This is my offer to you, and the reasons why you should vote JuanSGalt_NA during this upcoming Komodo Election!

If you vote for me as a Notary Delegate this year around, I Juan S. Galt will do the following.

- Update all my social media to say that I am a Komodo Delegate
- I will take any opportunities to appear on any media platforms that invite a Komodo correspondent and will be happy to represent Komodo.
- I will plug Komodo in media platforms where I am interviewed, if possible, or as part of my introduction if relevant and direct viewers to a more in depth

video to be produced soon, if appropriate.
- I will cover major Komodo events, updates, etc. On my youtube channel.
- When possible an appropriate, I will publish big Komodo news on other platforms other then my own media channels.

I'll be going on the Crypto Show this Sunday 18th of December at 9pm CST (Don't miss it!) Let me know what the most important things about Komodo and

Supernet are to you so

that I'm better informed on what to tell people about!

This Komodo Election vote JuanSGalt_NA !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mHOrsyK1Pc&feature=youtu.be

For more details, see our profile on Komodo Election.
https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/juansgalt/  

Social Links -----

twitter.com/juansgalt
facebook.com/juansgalt
gab.ia/juansgalt
juansgalt.com/youtube
keybase.io/juansgalt
Slack: Juansgalt
Activity: 466
Merit: 253
Imagine a world without banks.......
Any news of Wallet and exchange? I think this is taking time than I expected
There is plenty of public information from the SuperNET that you can read to get updates. If you would have read the last 2 pages you would have seen that the GUI wallet is being tested, the BTCD ICO swap feature is also being tested.

There are reasons it took longer than expected. This is not a clone of Bitcoin. The wallet isn't a clone of QT wallet either. In any case, I work with the notary testnet and I am a Notary node candidate. I can assure that progress is being made. We are on Slack working away all day. Come check us out.

Remember to prepare for elections Cheesy

----------

Komodo Elections coming up! View my proposal and vote PTYTrader for NH and SH notary nodes.

WWW.KOMODOELECTION.COM/CANDIDATES/PTYTRADER
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Any news of Wallet and exchange? I think this is taking time than I expected
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hello

I'm a technician 14 years ago

I am in the world of cryptocurrencies since 2012 with my first FPGAs and GPUs. After I invested in Swedish ASIC. Until I get tired a little of the arms race.

If we want world adoption we need worldwide network. Diversity in the locations , will offer better service around the world.

Electoral promises  

In the region that Im elected I will actively participate to resolve doubts or help in whatever is needed.  Not 24/7 Im not komodo team member
I will advertise (signature profile etc..) the project by crypto forums of that region. Translated by natives of those countries.I will not spend money. Spend my time is money too
If I am elected in 2 or more regions. As soon as DEX this operative I will send messages  everyday 4-5 times at trollbox of 40 exchanges with more volume. http://Https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/info
In addition if I am elected in the 4 regions I will mount an LP Node in Asia, without charge to the platform. To give liquidity to DEX.  This region has more than half of the world's population with internet access and at most will have 13 notary nodes.

I am very interested in the project and move on.
I deploy 4  high performance Nodes . Mined more than 44000 KMDS .
These nodes are  online 24/7. Joined to testnet first days. Updated 2 times a day.
I dont use obsolete & cheap hardware. My oldest hardware since 2014.
Nodes are datacenter tier 3 less than 2 hours degraded service annual & tier 4  less than 1 hours degraded service annual
2 of these nodes have a 1Gbit WAN bandwidth unmetered they Are  SEEDNOTARY . These will hardly be saturated by downloads or conections.

My nodes aren't located in the same cities as the majority at cheapest providers .
If we want an equal service for anyone in the world. (Latency, download, etc ...). We need a balanced network. A network with high percentage of its nodes in the same cities, isn't balanced.

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/titomane

I hope your support

Thank you
I bought BTCD to swap over to KMD. Is that possible yet?

If you bought BTCD you have two options. In a couple of weeks, we will get an announcement from the SuperNET telling us that the ICO page swap is ready. At which time, you will have set amount if time (7 days maybe) to deposit (swap) your BTCD at the ICO website.
The second option is to hold your coins in a QT wallet.
This assures you get the revenue assets that BTCD holders will receive. The base rate is 50 KMD to 1 BTCD.
Just keep checking back every other day to see if we get any announcement. If you used a valid email you might also get a notification.

Komodo Notary Elections coming up! Remember to read my proposal and vote for me if you think I will make a good candidate.

WWW.KOMODOELECTION. COM/CANDIDATE/PTYTRADER
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I'm sure these  guys will come up with something great in a short time, they have been researching into several interesting stuff since their first crowdsale, stuff like Skynet is very good and futuristic, it's now time for one of those technologies to hit the mainstream   Grin Grin
Activity: 116

I give up, going on extended vacation now. I don't know how you guys on the project and notary node operators do it AND maintain sanity day to day. 3 posts up, that's all, 3 posts up.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Activity: 784
Set Your Ideas Free
after 3 weeks from now, we can have the windows wallet for storing KMD?
Now it's only linux wallet . I'm using windows system.

The Iguana (desktop app) is built with Electron, which means it will be compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux

There is a way to try the Iguana App?

Not yet, it's in internal testing though.
Activity: 160
There is a way to try the Iguana App?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
Indeed, we are currently testing the BTCD swap feature for the ICO site. This means we are quite close already, and soon we will announce the exact schedule.

From the moment the announcement is made
+ 7 days and the election starts
+14 days and the election is finished
-> KMD distribution

So the KMD distribution is at least 3 weeks away from now. This has been the situation for time now, and will remain the situation until we make the announcement.

The good thing is that our GUI teams have had more time for development. They have been making constant updates themselves. At the moment the wallets are there, but for advanced users only.

after 3 weeks from now, we can have the windows wallet for storing KMD?
Now it's only linux wallet . I'm using windows system.
Activity: 784
Set Your Ideas Free
Indeed, we are currently testing the BTCD swap feature for the ICO site. This means we are quite close already, and soon we will announce the exact schedule.

From the moment the announcement is made
+ 7 days and the election starts
+14 days and the election is finished
-> KMD distribution

So the KMD distribution is at least 3 weeks away from now. This has been the situation for time now, and will remain the situation until we make the announcement.

The good thing is that our GUI teams have had more time for development. They have been making constant updates themselves. At the moment the wallets are there, but for advanced users only.
Instead of complaining, you can come over to the SuperNET slack chat and ask questions. All teammebers are always there. As a notary node candidate, I am also present in slack chat.
You can see us communicate and working live. Yesterday we ran tests on the BTCD swap, so the ICO swap will happen soon.
2 days ago, a GUI update was pushed. As a matter of fact you all can help the devs test it.
Activity: 116
Now, after the massive ICO and with a huge team of people, when will we be able to get a Qt wallet and start trading. Sorry, if I missed it in the thread...

When??

Holy shit. You would have missed it only if you didn't bother reading the last 5-10 posts, not pages, posts. Hoping you're just trolling.

I have read the last few posts and it seems distribution has not happened yet and there is no GUI wallet from the team and no exchange. I just find that frustrating given that they a team of 24 people according to the website and millions in funding and still not a wallet and exchange.

A few things. This isn't your standard coin or project.  There are a number of ambitious components involved and these devs are working on all of these components in parallel.  The wallet is a multi-currency wallet that will support a multitude of currencies out of the box and will soon offer in-wallet exchange of currencies on a fully decentralized exchange.

Also we're not far off of the timeline right now.  Finally what good is an exchange if the coins haven't even been released yet?

We're almost there.

Jump to: