Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 731. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
The Komodo team is building up better and better. It's a good thing, in the beginning it wast to much of a one-man, correction: one-james-show.  Wink Although he had a lot of help, it's better for Komodo to attract more qualified team members. Good luck Nazmul Alam!  Smiley

That's definitely good to see.

The question now is how many men will it take to get BTCD depositing to the ICO website working?  From what I understand, this is the bottleneck right now that's keeping everything else from moving forward?
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
The Komodo team is building up better and better. It's a good thing, in the beginning it wast to much of a one-man, correction: one-james-show.  Wink Although he had a lot of help, it's better for Komodo to attract more qualified team members. Good luck Nazmul Alam!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000
Komodo team welcomes Nazmul Alam!

We are pleased to announce that Fadedreamz has joined the team. He is a C developer, and will be working full time for Komodo & SuperNET.

He's taking over Iguana maintenance, along with other Iguana related things, such as GUI support of the products we are developing. You can contact him with any Iguana issues you might run into.

Here's how he introduced himself:

Quote from: fadedreamz
My name is Mohammed Nazmul Alam, I have working experience of more than 5 years in a one of the fortune 500 companies, where my task was to write linux device drivers, windows device drivers,  portable framework (Android, Linux, Windows, Raspberry Pi, iOS) and facilitate end to end solution involving customized hardware. I have a BSc in Computer Science and currently expecting to be graduating MSc in Computer Science (Research Based). I really like challenging task where I can do new things and in the process learn something new. That's how I ended up being working in upwork. As I have deal with multi platform solution so I had the experience what was needed to be done for komodo platform. Now as I got to work more in depth for the komodo platform, I think it will be challenging and fun work to do with all the members. Some of my interests are: site seeing, traveling, gaming and problem solving.
I am really looking forward to working with you all.

Welcome Mohammed Nazmul Alam, aka fadedreamz!   Smiley

Really ramping up the talent and getting some load off JL's shoulders, this is really great to see.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
When will i be able to swap BTCD to KMD?
Cheers!

The situation hasn't changed: we are waiting for the ICO site to get finished.

In the meantime we have been making election materials, and the GUI teams have been working on the wallets.

The ICO site is ready to start the elections, but it still does not support BTCD swap... so we are waiting.

We all hope that we can get this thing going soon. When that happens we can announce the precise schedule for the elections and KMD distribution.

Best regards,

Patience is a virtue unknown to these forums...

What is even more unknown in these forums is an ICO where everything happens on the timeline that is posted on the first page of thread....the only constant with ICO's is the gathering of BTC is done on time.

Cheers Jon  Wink
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Komodo team welcomes Nazmul Alam!

We are pleased to announce that Fadedreamz has joined the team. He is a C developer, and will be working full time for Komodo & SuperNET.

He's taking over Iguana maintenance, along with other Iguana related things, such as GUI support of the products we are developing. You can contact him with any Iguana issues you might run into.

Here's how he introduced himself:

Quote from: fadedreamz
My name is Mohammed Nazmul Alam, I have working experience of more than 5 years in a one of the fortune 500 companies, where my task was to write linux device drivers, windows device drivers,  portable framework (Android, Linux, Windows, Raspberry Pi, iOS) and facilitate end to end solution involving customized hardware. I have a BSc in Computer Science and currently expecting to be graduating MSc in Computer Science (Research Based). I really like challenging task where I can do new things and in the process learn something new. That's how I ended up being working in upwork. As I have deal with multi platform solution so I had the experience what was needed to be done for komodo platform. Now as I got to work more in depth for the komodo platform, I think it will be challenging and fun work to do with all the members. Some of my interests are: site seeing, traveling, gaming and problem solving.
I am really looking forward to working with you all.

Welcome Mohammed Nazmul Alam, aka fadedreamz!   Smiley
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
What an envious sight! I don't have enough resources to be able to comply the requirements. Maybe in next  election.
Set Your Ideas Free
Notary Node Candidates 2016

The elections are just around the corner. Here's a summary of all the candidates in each region.

We will have a complete guide ready when the election time comes.
Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
Cheers!

In the meantime we have been making election materials, and the GUI teams have been working on the wallets.

The ICO site is ready to start the elections, but it still does not support BTCD swap... so we are waiting.

We all hope that we can get this thing going soon. When that happens we can announce the precise schedule for the elections and KMD distribution.

Best regards,

Patience is a virtue unknown to these forums...

Set Your Ideas Free
Cheers!

Best regards,
Activity: 367
Cheers!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Since you guys are such great readers you can go to the Komodo coin page and read their frequently asked questions section.  This is what is currently on there.  
I dont care about BTCD.  I'm not trying to swap.  Disappointing.  Did they just think about the snap shot and how they were going to do it at the last second?  Is the mainnet and wallet ready?
This is no where near transparent.

This is their update to the Komodo world? Loose schedule and soon?!?  I'm sure there are going to be a lot of trolls defending this....
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Our exact schedule will be announced when the ICO site is ready for BTCD snapshot. There's no date yet. The loose schedule is

ICO site ready - soon
BTCD snapshot - 7 days from that
Election begins - Right after the snapshot
Election ends - two weeks later
KMD distribution - Right after election

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
When will the mainnet launch? When can I trade KMD?

The mainnet will be launched two weeks after the ICO ends. You are able to swap your BTCD before the mainnet launches. We will ensure that everyone will have their KMD ready at the launch.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

What is the timeline again?

November 20th – ICO IS OVER, no more BTC can be invested

Week 2 -BTCD Snapshot -> BTCD to KMD swapping begins

Week 2 – Mainnet launches

2017 – after one full year, no more BTCD’s can be swapped

You're a millennial aren't you?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Since you guys are such great readers you can go to the Komodo coin page and read their frequently asked questions section.  This is what is currently on there.  
I dont care about BTCD.  I'm not trying to swap.  Disappointing.  Did they just think about the snap shot and how they were going to do it at the last second?  Is the mainnet and wallet ready?
This is no where near transparent.

This is their update to the Komodo world? Loose schedule and soon?!?  I'm sure there are going to be a lot of trolls defending this....
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Our exact schedule will be announced when the ICO site is ready for BTCD snapshot. There's no date yet. The loose schedule is

ICO site ready - soon
BTCD snapshot - 7 days from that
Election begins - Right after the snapshot
Election ends - two weeks later
KMD distribution - Right after election

When will the mainnet launch? When can I trade KMD?

The mainnet will be launched two weeks after the ICO ends. You are able to swap your BTCD before the mainnet launches. We will ensure that everyone will have their KMD ready at the launch.

What is the timeline again?

November 20th – ICO IS OVER, no more BTC can be invested

Week 2 -BTCD Snapshot -> BTCD to KMD swapping begins

Week 2 – Mainnet launches

2017 – after one full year, no more BTCD’s can be swapped
Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
I think we need an explanation and new launch date.  I saw two weeks after the ICO finished also.  I'm seeing early 2017 now?  A little transparency please?

What you "need" is to read the last few pages of this forum, it's pretty obvious they are trying to accommodate everyone who has BTCD. I see no transparency issues here.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I think we need an explanation and new launch date.  I saw two weeks after the ICO finished also.  I'm seeing early 2017 now?  A little transparency please?

It's pretty clear if you read up a page or two.  Things changed primarily because some people who hold BTCD do so on exchanges and not in their own BTCD wallet.  As a result when the snapshot is taken to determine what additional rewards are owed, people with coins on exchanges won't get said rewards since they don't have control of their coins.  As a favor, seems the Komodo team is creating a new (and originally unplanned) feature on the ICO site to upload BTCD prior to the snapshot.  That seems to be the only delay.  

That being said, a few days for upload to be ready.  One more week before snapshot is taken.  Then notary node voting is open for two weeks (though my opinion is can't this be done in one week).  At that point you get your KMD.  So I'm hoping before year end.

The official response is on the previous page of posts: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17071017
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I think we need an explanation and new launch date.  I saw two weeks after the ICO finished also.  I'm seeing early 2017 now?  A little transparency please?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
I thought token distribution is going to happen  two weeks after ICO ends, this is what I was told here, still there is no working wallet and also the distribution now depends on your snapshot.
Activity: 1239
Merit: 562
Any one know what hapend with signature campaign dev fix?
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
you maybe want to open the dev tools (F12 in most browsers) and look for error messages in the console, which you can paste here.
I had those kind of problems sometimes with special characters...

Thanks, but clicking the Sign in button does nothing in the console.
"Register" does work, its just the "Sign In" button that does nothing. (so no changes in console either)

Are you using any ad blockers or extensions that rewrite content on the pages?

Yes,  just tried canceling that (uBlock) but still the same problem.
Jump to: