Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 727. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
I find it very weird that the ICO gathered so much interest, and now all of a sudden people don't want to buy BTCD at this extreme discount to get KMD? What's going on?
I've spoken to several people who will not buy BTCD specifically because they are unsure about the mechanics of the swap. Wasn't there supposed to have already been a snapshot? If so, BTCD bought now *won't* be swapable. Or is there going to be no snapshot and you'll have to transfer your BTCD somewhere to get KMD? People are uncertain.

wow, this has to be the highlight BTT post for me in 2016, great to see you asking a question in this thread @JoelKatz, hope the answer you got provided the certainty you needed to buy a few BTCD!
Activity: 767
Merit: 532
Aghhh this is so frustrating....Whenever I try to open my BTCD wallet (which I spent several days downloading the blockchain and everything was working) it says it cannot load blkindex.dat

Does anyone have a fix that does not involve redownloading the entire blockchain?
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
So Voting is compulsory by default for the first year. what mechanism is in place to make sure there is a large turnout of voters for subsequent years?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hello

I'm a technician 14 years ago

I am in the world of cryptocurrencies since 2012 with my first FPGAs and GPUs. After I invested in Swedish ASIC. Until I get tired a little of the arms race.

If we want world adoption we need worldwide network. Diversity in the locations , will offer better service around the world.

I am very interested in the project and move on.  

I deploy 4  high performance Nodes . Mined more than 42000 KMDS .

These nodes are  online 24/7. Joined to testnet first days. Updated 2 times a day.

I dont use obsolete & cheap hardware. My oldest hardware since 2014.

Nodes are at datacenter tier 3 less than 2 hours degraded service annual & tier 4  less than 1 hours degraded service annual

2 of these nodes have a 1Gbit WAN bandwidth unmetered they Are  SeedNotary . These will hardly be saturated by downloads or conections.

My nodes aren't located in the same cities as the majority at cheapest providers .

If we want an equal service for anyone in the world. (Latency, download, etc ...). We need a balanced network. A network with high percentage of its nodes in the same cities, isn't balanced.

https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/titomane

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Any working KMD wallet presently to move my ICO tokens to?

The ICO coins have not been distributed yet.

There are some GUI releases already, but there are no easy installers yet and you my encounter some bugs.

Iguana wallet - https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Iguana-GUI/releases
EasyDEX - https://github.com/SuperNETorg/EasyDEX-GUI
Desktop app - https://github.com/SuperNETorg/iguana
Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
Any working KMD wallet presently to move my ICO tokens to?
legendary
Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010
Hey guys. I'm also one of the beta notary node operators and I can just say if anyone has any doubt about the progress or just want to check behind the scenes feel free to join the Komodo slack and check on the daily progress yourself.  Cool
rnr
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
when is the KMD election launched for all members investing to this project?
and when is the distribution available? I do not still see any news about this.

Please patience, devs are working hard to integrate the function to receive BTCD at the ICO page.
Activity: 490
Merit: 262
The World’s First Blockchain Core
when is the KMD election launched for all members investing to this project?
and when is the distribution available? I do not still see any news about this.
Set Your Ideas Free
Does komodo have blockchain explorer?

Yes Smiley

Komodo Explorer Komodo Platform eXchange (KPX) https://kpx.io/

Komodo USD explorer http://148.251.56.52/
Set Your Ideas Free
I find it very weird that the ICO gathered so much interest, and now all of a sudden people don't want to buy BTCD at this extreme discount to get KMD? What's going on?
I've spoken to several people who will not buy BTCD specifically because they are unsure about the mechanics of the swap. Wasn't there supposed to have already been a snapshot? If so, BTCD bought now *won't* be swapable. Or is there going to be no snapshot and you'll have to transfer your BTCD somewhere to get KMD? People are uncertain.

I'll try to clear out all the uncertainty & misunderstandings

We try to swap all BTCD there exist throughout 1 full year. If someone has BTCD it can be swapped, no matter when it is bought. You could buy BTCD 6 months from now and swap it for KMD.

BTCD Snapshot to get REVS

- The snapshot is not related to BTCD swap.
 - The snapshot is to get an additional asset called REVS.
 - The privatekeys are used to redeem the asset.
 - The snapshot has not happened yet!
 - to participate the BTCD can be stored either in a BTCD address under your control, or in our ICO site

BTCD Swap to get KMD

- has nothing to do with the snapshot
 - is done through the ICO site
 - lasts 1 full year
 - swapped BTCD ends up to our account, where it is publicly visible (nothing will happen to the swapped BTCD)
 - hopefully every single BTCD coin will get swapped during the year

Schedule

- ICO site accepts BTCD
 - 7 days after that BTCD snapshot happens & the swapping begins
 - Elections begin, and last 2 weeks
 - Elections are over, elected notary nodes will get ratified, KMD will be distributed

The conclusion

If you buy BTCD it can be swapped at any time. To also receive the REVS asset you need to have a privatekey that contained BTCD during the snapshot. BTCD swap and snapshot are two separate things.

During the year BTCD can be swapped for KMD with the exchange rate we announced: 1 BTCD = 50.448 KMD (However the exchange rate decreases slightly throughout the year because BTCD staking expands the supply)
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Looking for something great!
when the wallet will release ?
Activity: 466
Imagine a world without banks.......
Hi guys!
My name is Christopher Gonzalez.

I'm PTYTrader from the Komodo Notary testnet team. I have read some negative things about the amount of time it is taking for the SuperNET to get Komodo ready. However, when compared to other Cryptos, the Komodo project is very transparent. You can see our progress on Slack and through daily updates thanks to Yassin and the rest of the marketing team.

I'm one of the candidtates for SH and NA nodes. Also I currently run one notary node on the testnet and another as a regular miner.
Every day, the entire team is online working-out the kinks to get the show on the road. In any case, just like the rest of you, I am eagerly waiting for Komodo's release.

Remember, your vote is important for us Notary Nodes. If you haven't already, you should check out the notary candidate website. If you are planning on participating in the BTCD-KMD swap or if you own KMD, check out my proposal.

Election profile: www.komodoelection.com/candidates/ptytrader

Your participation is important to us. I ask that you review your candidate's profile and ask questions. Don't vote for the hell of it.
Even though the first elections might not seem as much, it is the beginning of a revolution in our crypto-community.

See you guys at elections soon!

Sincerely,

PTYTrader
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Will we be able to send BTCD to the ICO site from an exchange?  Or does it have to be from a wallet we control?
We have delayed things a bit to accomodate a way to go from BTCD on an exchange into the ICO site. Then we can snapshot for the REVS and after that convert to KMD, vote, and distribute out the KMD.

Not sure if we will be able to support distributing the KMD to an exchange address, so far nobody has asked for it

Fyi
Activity: 524
For those who have every candicate place in every region, like badass and kris, do they have many servers in different countries?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
From skimming through the last couple of pages, I'm come to the conclusion that the snapshot will still occur, but it's just been pushed back to the near future. Is this correct, or did I miss something? As for when the snapshot does occur, it might be prudent to give at least a couple of days notice for people to get everything in order, and so people won't be caught out buying BTCD too late.

Yes, snapshot will happen roughly one week after the ICO site is configured to send your BTCD in case you don't have the full wallet installed. Mainly for people that have BTCD held on Exchanges. I bought more today at the dip. 50% discount if KMD holds its ICO price.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Does komodo have blockchain explorer?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
From skimming through the last couple of pages, I'm come to the conclusion that the snapshot will still occur, but it's just been pushed back to the near future. Is this correct, or did I miss something? As for when the snapshot does occur, it might be prudent to give at least a couple of days notice for people to get everything in order, and so people won't be caught out buying BTCD too late.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
Jump to: