Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 733. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 777
Merit: 500
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
is there a desktop wallet coming out soon?!

Yes, read the posts above and in previous pages. We are making constant updates.

Also subscribe to komodo newsletter, and we will send info to your inbox!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003
is there a desktop wallet coming out soon?!
Set Your Ideas Free
Our GUI developer Satinder Grewal did his first vlog! Check it out Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXWZe4IqmEk&feature=youtu.be

Can we expect a GUI tomorrow?

Satinder and ca333 have been working on the one-click install desktop app.

Quote from: ca333
I and grewalsartinder are coding an own protocol specification. We will have a alpha "oneclick" GUI ready in 1 or 2 days. working on integrating komodo  binaries to the app as well.

The alpha wont have our protocol spec implemented.
Set Your Ideas Free

A short summary & reminder

BTCD snapshot has not yet happened.

You don't necessarily need to install a local wallet, as we are working on a way to send BTCD to our ICO site.

We are waiting for that feature to finish, and as soon as it finishes we can start a 7 day countdown for the snapshot. After that the elections begin.

P.S. be aware of all the scammers! We won't contact you directly and ask for your BTCD or anything else.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
Today I bought some BTCD and now downloading the wallet and its bootstrap blockchain. Im not sure if I donated my btcd from exchange would it be valid ? That is the reason I have to do the wallet download.

Yes it will be valid as soon as the team develops a way to deposit BTCD through the ICO website. They are working on it.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Today I bought some BTCD and now downloading the wallet and its bootstrap blockchain. Im not sure if I donated my btcd from exchange would it be valid ? That is the reason I have to do the wallet download.
Activity: 716
I was using safari and when I went to the ICO site didn't let me click anything I switched to google chrome and everything worked perfect
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Has the btcd snapshot happened yet thanks

No you will be able to send our btcd through the ico.komodo website
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Why you choose btcd and giving it such a preference? are you guys behind btcd also or are you holding big amount of btcd and want to push up its prices by creating demand?

This is he developer of btcd. This is just to raise more money to create a better coin among other things. There are pages and pages. Just take a look and read this thread and the btcd thread
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Has the btcd snapshot happened yet thanks
Activity: 518
Why you choose btcd and giving it such a preference? are you guys behind btcd also or are you holding big amount of btcd and want to push up its prices by creating demand?
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
hmm why these big dumps on btcd?
when BTC rises sharply, all alts lose ground. just look at all the other coins.
compared to the average BTCD is doing a bit better

Also, I wouldnt call a 9BTC for 6% drop a "big dump"

through the ICO and after, BTCD has held fairly steady its price, as BTC is rising sharply. Not sure how many other coins have held up as well. Just look at any of the other top coins

Only when new people enter the crypto-market with new money, the BTC-ALT fight will have less effect. So it seems crypto-fanatics are moving coins now.
Activity: 658
Merit: 124
Yaa The Piar is dancing in its own tune.  The market research is good on its own but I will still be doubtful that a knowledgeble money-fatty would channel his money into a shriveling and highly experimental branch of overhyped based on ZK-snarks bullshit. I think ur scammy attempt to get quick money failed cause it would be amazing to have a ton of folks without anything or one loan shark with various institutional connections to help u gather real 2600 BTC to get all the parts moving.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

through the ICO and after, BTCD has held fairly steady its price, as BTC is rising sharply. Not sure how many other coins have held up as well. Just look at any of the other top coins

If you wouldn't call 6% big dump what would then represent big dump, I think those having huge portfolio of the tokens would have felt the dump now.
9BTC is not a large volume, so it needs to be put in perspective.
if you are trading out of positions that drop 6% in value when BTC is up 4%, then it is likely you will get whipsawed out of most positions.

prices go up, they go down

which means at any given time the price is likely not exactly at its value. anyway, this is offtopic here, entire field of price analysis exists

another way to tell that it isnt a dump is to see how much BTC it takes to recover the price. It seems that with 2BTC of purchase all of the price drop is recovered and then some.

That is why I say a 9BTC and 6% drop is not a dump, a dump would require more BTC to get back to where you started from as the entire pricing landscape is shifted down
Activity: 630

If you wouldn't call 6% big dump what would then represent big dump, I think those having huge portfolio of the tokens would have felt the dump now.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

Activity: 767
Merit: 532
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
How do I get access to my Komodo? I tried going to https://ico.komodoplatform.com/? and clicking Sign In but nothing happens. It doesn't take me anywhere. I have my passphrase.

You should be able to sign in and see your dashboard, but KMD isn't available for withdrawal yet.  It will still show you what amount you'll get if you paid via BTC.  Soon you'll be able to also swap BTCD for KMD and vote for the notary nodes, at which point you can take out your KMD. 

Hmmm... Ya nothing. After I click Sign In the button just turns yellow and doesn't take me anywhere. I've tried on two different browsers: Safari and Chrome. Can someone please verify that their sign in works and isn't doing the same thing?

Some people have reported similar problems.

You can try to make a hard refresh with shift + F5 or ctrl + F5.

For the others the issue went away after some time. I'm not sure what is the cause of this problem.

Ok thanks. I'm on my iPhone and maybe just a problem with my phone's browsers. I'll try on my laptop.
Jump to: