Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LAUNCH] [YUM] BaconBits - A coin so good you'll want to eat it! - page 2. (Read 22827 times)

Activity: 541
Merit: 500
I agree that it would be nice to see this coin make a come back. 

Also letting you know the retarget is 531 Blocks away, and not 64 blocks.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
On second thought, I am going to resurect this coin. Give me a little time and you will all be enjoying the Bacon once more!!!! YUM will be bigger and better than ever. Anyone who has dev skills, however small that wants to help out, either talk to me on IRC (irc.freenode.net  channel = #digitalcoin)  or pm me on here!

Man this is the best news I've heard about this coin in weeks ! I'd much rather not see this coin die!! Now I'm excited to see what's going to happen with it :-D

***my wallet keeps trying to sync to some huge blockchain ...I think it's trying to sync some other coin or something ? Not exactly sure what's going on with it

Was kind of upset to see the dev abandon this coin it had a great launch up until the difficulty got screwed up

i just started mining it again because of the news. diff is low and will be .0012 next diff which is 64 blocks away but it take a hour per block now

I've spent a lot of time mining this coin I'm gonna wait to hear back from inthemoney and see some results before I put more effort into this coin but will definitely be keeping a close eye on this thread and the pools .
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
On second thought, I am going to resurect this coin. Give me a little time and you will all be enjoying the Bacon once more!!!! YUM will be bigger and better than ever. Anyone who has dev skills, however small that wants to help out, either talk to me on IRC (irc.freenode.net  channel = #digitalcoin)  or pm me on here!

Man this is the best news I've heard about this coin in weeks ! I'd much rather not see this coin die!! Now I'm excited to see what's going to happen with it :-D

***my wallet keeps trying to sync to some huge blockchain ...I think it's trying to sync some other coin or something ? Not exactly sure what's going on with it

Was kind of upset to see the dev abandon this coin it had a great launch up until the difficulty got screwed up

i just started mining it again because of the news. diff is low and will be .0012 next diff which is 64 blocks away but it take a hour per block now

On second thought, I am going to resurect this coin. Give me a little time and you will all be enjoying the Bacon once more!!!! YUM will be bigger and better than ever. Anyone who has dev skills, however small that wants to help out, either talk to me on IRC (irc.freenode.net  channel = #digitalcoin)  or pm me on here!
is this going to be a relaunch or a new coin
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
On second thought, I am going to resurect this coin. Give me a little time and you will all be enjoying the Bacon once more!!!! YUM will be bigger and better than ever. Anyone who has dev skills, however small that wants to help out, either talk to me on IRC (irc.freenode.net  channel = #digitalcoin)  or pm me on here!
Activity: 102
The dev has been missing the wallet won't sync the difficulty is still fucked up id say it's probably pretty safe to assume this shitcoin is dead

I got my wallet to sync, I know the dev, ill hit him up and get him to come see this thread and address whats going on
The dev has been missing the wallet won't sync the difficulty is still fucked up id say it's probably pretty safe to assume this shitcoin is dead
Activity: 75
i'll buy them for 150 YUM
Anyone wanna buy my 200 coins?

There's an exchange thread for yum somewhere on here but it looks like it's full of sellers and no buyers
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Anyone wanna buy my 200 coins?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
for the record i would love to be proved wrong and have to eat my words. my yummie yummie words, lol. (seriously the kevin bacon splash screen on the wallet is just too cool to go to waste).

this coin had so much potential, but without any peep out of the devs, err dev, *ahem, i mean "dev". then you can't take it seriously.

no transparency with a premine can't be rewarded.

no communication can't be rewarded.

Looks to me like it's a fork of an earlier version of litecoin maybe? so it's having some sync/difficulty readjustment issues related to that? i'd put literally half of the 450,000 pre mine on a 225,000 bounty to fix the coin, and literally throw the rest away in givaways. I mean if you actually want to make a coin succeed.

but then again, if i were to put all that effort in, i'd probably just launch my own damn project. you need friends and a community to succeed in this biz my friend, you gain none by being a little piggy Wink
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Baconcoin, you mean Greedy as a Pig coin.

4 days since a post from the dev, difficulty re-target is way off, and will take 2 weeks to retarget again. I'm calling this coin dead, and i'm doing that with a heavy heart and a wallet with 1500 YUM in it that i would otherwise love to dump.

450,000 YUM pre-mine (on block #1) and when the coin is on it's deathbed, how much of that was used to help resuscitate it? any? I heard of a 50 YUM reward for blockfinders for the last 200 blocks, except for people posting that they never received their bonus. This coin had over a GH in it's first few hours when people jumped on it, how many other coins can claim that much support from the mining community on day one? it was incredible.

even more incredible is how the "seasoned team of DEVs" who are "here to stay", have just sat and watched this coin die, while sitting on a giant pile of 450,000 YUM, hoping that some suckers would keep mining it long enough to reach an exchange so they could dump it.

i'm calling it, YUM = GreedCoin

everyone needs to let this die, 2.4Mhash is too high, drop it to zero and we'll see if the "seasoned team of devs" even take notice. you mining power is better spent elsewhere.

I have to agree - this has shady written all over it - anyone want to buy my 500 YUM?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Baconcoin, you mean Greedy as a Pig coin.

4 days since a post from the dev, difficulty re-target is way off, and will take 2 weeks to retarget again. I'm calling this coin dead, and i'm doing that with a heavy heart and a wallet with 1500 YUM in it that i would otherwise love to dump.

450,000 YUM pre-mine (on block #1) and when the coin is on it's deathbed, how much of that was used to help resuscitate it? any? I heard of a 50 YUM reward for blockfinders for the last 200 blocks, except for people posting that they never received their bonus. This coin had over a GH in it's first few hours when people jumped on it, how many other coins can claim that much support from the mining community on day one? it was incredible.

even more incredible is how the "seasoned team of DEVs" who are "here to stay", have just sat and watched this coin die, while sitting on a giant pile of 450,000 YUM, hoping that some suckers would keep mining it long enough to reach an exchange so they could dump it.

i'm calling it, YUM = GreedCoin

everyone needs to let this die, 2.4Mhash is too high, drop it to zero and we'll see if the "seasoned team of devs" even take notice. you mining power is better spent elsewhere.
Don't worry it might take that long for the network to build itself back up, so it might not retarget again to it's proper number until then.  LOL. 

Sure is better then the multiple hour blocktimes that we had before, now it seems to be about 1 every 30 mins or so.  Hopefully after the next retarget the difficulty will be where it belongs.
Finally it's about time! But now I'm out of town until Saturday lol
baconpool is still running off what the dev said in the OP, that the retarget is every 3 hours, with 30 second block times which = a retarget every 360 blocks.  In reality it retargets every 600 blocks.  Wish he would change that OP to just a 600 retarget, or every 5 hours, if he wants to use a time, which I don't recommend considering what just happened. 
Lol, that was an odd one.  The supposed retarget difficulty was supposed to be around 0.15 or something like that.  Wonder what made it retarget to 1.95?   Anyways much better.  The bacon should come in slabs again.
damn diff is 1.95 yess  Cheesy but i am not home and my computer is off i cant use teamviewer to start my rig
yak
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: