Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LAUNCH] [YUM] BaconBits - A coin so good you'll want to eat it! - page 5. (Read 22827 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
I just jumped on, and got 4 of my friends (who i all set up with mining rigs) to also jump on this, try and push the new difficulty overnight... it's a bit silly... but these things happen. I blame coinye.

so you guys just got 9x 280x's worth of hash towards this coin, hope it helps!

also, does anyone know EXACTLY what block the difficulty re-targets? where would i find this info?

i was looking at the dedicatedpools dashboard, where it said less than 30 blocks, but not they're down, and all i've found is the cryptopools dashboard, which says like 280 blocks to go... which is it? and how should i go about finding out for myself in the future? thanks!
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Lol, what block is the difficulty re-target???  Its working on 5763 now, and it's still got a 7.822 Difficulty.  Lol, I hope there isn't a clause that doesn't allow the difficulty to adjust downwards or something silly like that  Smiley
yak
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
./baconbitsd listtransactions "" 500 |grep "immature" | wc -l

looks like ive found about half of them Sad

*coff coff*

GRJNiWNxJpnNWPwEwWDNasn9TGQrS6t8Ye
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
@ What block is the next diff-adjustment?
5760 maybe but we are really close to diff changing
Activity: 312
Merit: 251
@ What block is the next diff-adjustment?
i guess il mine it overnight than Smiley
Weird I have the same problem on my Windows build.  16 active connections, Usually sits at Up to date, but occasionally jumps to 1% of the history, and 415918.  Almost as if the wallet is syncing with a different coin?  Maybe when they cloned it, they forgot to make a change and its syncing to the old coins blockchain?
For the answer to the question if it will retarget in 24 hours.  No one can say for 100% sure, but we are now sitting 13 blocks off the retarget.  With the current Network hashrate of 50 MH/s we are averaging a block found about every 11 minutes, but each one can still vary greatly.  So going by that we would be about 2.5 hours away from the retarget.  If the mining power continues to drop, as it has been the blocks could take a lot longer to find, maybe even 24+ hours.  If a few more people jump on to push Bacon to the retarget, it could take a matter of a few minutes.   
yak
Activity: 266
generated 30.10
generated 30.10
generated 30.20
generated 30.10
generated 30.10
generated 30.10
generated 30.10
generated 30.00
generated 30.10
generated 30.00
generated 30.10
generated 30.00
generated 30.00
generated 30.00
generated 30.00

26 immature at the moment ;/
IM TRYIN... IM TRYIN
legendary
Activity: 1274
this coin is new. it shouldn't be above 5ks  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
Activity: 23
i dont understand. randomly this wallet starts synchronizing at over 400K blocks. it shows im at %1 . then it goes back to synch with 5k something block.. anyone else experiencing this?

Same here (see my post above). I'm currently at 12.5% (40456 blocks remaining). My client initially starts up as 'up to date', then after a minute or two start syncing 140k blocks, goes to 400, then back down. Hopefully the retarget fixes this - and I hope that the pools don't jump back in and stuff it up again.
legendary
i dont understand. randomly this wallet starts synchronizing at over 400K blocks. it shows im at %1 . then it goes back to synch with 5k something block.. anyone else experiencing this?
Activity: 209
Merit: 5
 Feel free to use if you would like.  I don't know if you are looking for more designs but I was in a bacon mood.  
Activity: 31
I like bacon GMrMdTyvTjZ8P9xCLwFWtyPvk4q9j6TwKi
Activity: 23
My YUM wallet client (Ubuntu 13.10) is stuck on 'Synchronizing with network...'. It says it has 'Downloaded 5726 of 493905 blocks of transaction history'. The number of total blocks remaining keeps increasing until I restart the client. My mining processes are generating hashes but I'm a bit worried that they're not making any difference as the wallet isn't synced.

The same is happening on a separate wallet on another PC (not mining). Any idea why this might be happening?
so will the diff change in the next 24 hours?
What happened was to many people jumped onboard to get as many coins as possible when the coin was launched.  The difficulty shot up through the roof, and everyone seeing that the coin was now running at a normal level jumped off.  It's very common for people to jump on coins when they launch to get a few thousand before anyone gets there.  That was more then I have ever seen come to a launch.  Right now, the coin is stuck at a high difficulty, and cryptocurrencies don't retarget until a predetermined block is found, this one being every 360 block I believe (30 sec block times and 3 hour re-target).  So the time to find the blocks is now about 20-30X as long as it's supposed to take.  Once the coin hits the re-target, the coin will automatically change the difficulty to where it's calculations estimate will bring it back to a 30 second find time, or block time.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
What happened to this coin?
legendary
GTNP9KQVLgaExXAeSZ9Mg2aufBcZWsXhr4

please give me some more bacon. i want more bacon  Smiley

gimmie

http://i.minus.com/icaJLr2JYg59C.gif

Lol!
Bitwho im pretty sure you were the 1000 BaconBit winner in the give away thread.

gimmie  : )))))))))))))))))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIeP798hiQ
Activity: 252
WTT 125 YUM... will take giftcoins
Pages:
Jump to: