Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LAUNCH] [YUM] BaconBits - A coin so good you'll want to eat it! - page 6. (Read 22827 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
FWIW, I've added another 2 to try and help it get over the retarget hump.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Problem is the coin started off way to strong.  Had about 750 Mhash of power on the network off the bat, and blocks were found every 2.5 seconds.  This caused the difficulty to ramp up way to high, and the majority of the miners have left.  Bacon has 68 slices yet to be found before a retarget, but the network hashrate is sitting down in the mid 60's and every few minutes I watch as yet another miner stops mining bacon.  At this rate, bacon may never hit it's retarget, and no one will be able to sell their bacon bits.  After the retarget, I hope people don't jump back onboard, and ramp it back up to a difficulty about 7 and leave again, or the coin is as good as dead.

Thats exactly what happened.. during launch night it hit 1.3 Ghash then dropped and stayed around 400-700. When people realized it wasnt going to be as easy to instamine they hopped off quick. Difficulty re-target time that is set to 3 hours is taking 7x as long to readjust with the current difficulty. 60 more blocks left and will drop down to .5 and Bacon will be plentiful.

i guess this would be a good place for 'promotion'

like say... for miners like us

*coff coff*

GRJNiWNxJpnNWPwEwWDNasn9TGQrS6t8Ye

Tongue

Agreed!!! Lol

GdfwqCxC3BJvqxwGyhCh1bwdvZnUu2pNij

I only have 45yum would love some more!!
Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Problem is the coin started off way to strong.  Had about 750 Mhash of power on the network off the bat, and blocks were found every 2.5 seconds.  This caused the difficulty to ramp up way to high, and the majority of the miners have left.  Bacon has 68 slices yet to be found before a retarget, but the network hashrate is sitting down in the mid 60's and every few minutes I watch as yet another miner stops mining bacon.  At this rate, bacon may never hit it's retarget, and no one will be able to sell their bacon bits.  After the retarget, I hope people don't jump back onboard, and ramp it back up to a difficulty about 7 and leave again, or the coin is as good as dead.

Thats exactly what happened.. during launch night it hit 1.3 Ghash then dropped and stayed around 400-700. When people realized it wasnt going to be as easy to instamine they hopped off quick. Difficulty re-target time that is set to 3 hours is taking 7x as long to readjust with the current difficulty. 60 more blocks left and will drop down to .5 and Bacon will be plentiful.

*coff coff*

Tongue

Agreed!!! Lol

GdfwqCxC3BJvqxwGyhCh1bwdvZnUu2pNij

I only have 45yum would love some more!!

Been mining hard to keep this alive!

GKmgAFVfZkcBMugBBnTH4hVnbR7CoYuw6p
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
wts 80 yum pm offer
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
WTS 150 YUM pm me offer
yak
Activity: 266
Problem is the coin started off way to strong.  Had about 750 Mhash of power on the network off the bat, and blocks were found every 2.5 seconds.  This caused the difficulty to ramp up way to high, and the majority of the miners have left.  Bacon has 68 slices yet to be found before a retarget, but the network hashrate is sitting down in the mid 60's and every few minutes I watch as yet another miner stops mining bacon.  At this rate, bacon may never hit it's retarget, and no one will be able to sell their bacon bits.  After the retarget, I hope people don't jump back onboard, and ramp it back up to a difficulty about 7 and leave again, or the coin is as good as dead.

*coff coff*

Tongue
Activity: 56
Problem is the coin started off way to strong.  Had about 750 Mhash of power on the network off the bat, and blocks were found every 2.5 seconds.  This caused the difficulty to ramp up way to high, and the majority of the miners have left.  Bacon has 68 slices yet to be found before a retarget, but the network hashrate is sitting down in the mid 60's and every few minutes I watch as yet another miner stops mining bacon.  At this rate, bacon may never hit it's retarget, and no one will be able to sell their bacon bits.  After the retarget, I hope people don't jump back onboard, and ramp it back up to a difficulty about 7 and leave again, or the coin is as good as dead.

Activity: 353
yak

i just pointed 20mhash at it.. for what its worth... (edit by just i mean about 30 min ago)
tho it doesn't seem to be doing anything.. (edit found a couple blocks so far.. finally Smiley

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

yak
whats with the literal 100% orphan rate and no actual blocks being found for hours?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
what about exchanges? Would it be promoted?
for now can sell some YUMs pm offers.

Vote on reddit for YUM to be added to CoinedUp https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lets-get-baconbits-yum-to-exchanges-405324
yak
http://abe.altexplorer.net/chain/BaconBits

is there something wrong with this block explorer?
Activity: 50
Activity: 56

added a link to your article from our site http://cryptogeeks.com

Thank you! I noticed some referrals coming from that direction over the past 48 hours Smiley

Great article! BaconBits loves the support! Prepare for a give away and the difficulty to drop here in the next few hours you will defiantly get more Bacon for you buck.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

Thank you! I noticed some referrals coming from that direction over the past 48 hours Smiley
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
You know, if you don't volunteer some of your hashing power to help push baconbits past the difficulty readjustment, there won't be a reason to sell your bacon bits.  Just wondering if a few people can help nudge it past.  I looked and the network rate dove yet again. 
yak
http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/1/8/baconbits-yum-and-fun

Let me know what you guys think & if you want anything changed or added Smiley

Activity: 51
Selling 800YUM, pm me.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010