Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 30. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
PooL-X.eu
where did you download it i just checked github source + bins please post some links
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Quick heads up...

I have helped two users in the last couple of days who were trying to setup cpuminer and could not figure out why it was not working.  It was not exhibiting any errors, but their hashing was not showing up in their account.  Turns out that in both cases, when viewing the logs I could see their accesses to the server, but under username "TheEther".  No matter what settings they made, that username is always what comes through.

Thus it is my educated guess that wherever this cpuminer.exe (version 2.2.3) is being downloaded from, the version they've released has the username and password HARD CODED to always hash under username TheEther.

If anyone has any information as to where this hard coded compile of cpuminer is coming from, please let me know so I can update the thread and make people aware.

Cheers.
legendary
Looking at it now a few days later, things seem a whole lot better.  Overall pool efficiency has improved significantly.

One of our users has also donated some hardware to us.  It's in transit now.  When it arrives we'll check it out, buy some drives for it (it's coming without drives) and hopefully it can take over all of the ltc.kattare.com mining pool services.  I'm stoked.  It should let us merge what is now 3 really old servers into one nice fairly-recent server.  Wink

Cheers.
legendary
Ok, I'm going to be taking pushpool and the litecoind down in a few minutes to transition it to a different box.  It's not a great box (working on that!) but it should handle the load better if I split the services a bit.

I'll post again when I'm done and things are stable.

Cheers.

I'm done for now.  Pool efficiency seems to be climbing, and so far my stales are pretty low.

Note that the IP address has changed for the direct pool hostname.  If your mining software didn't pick it up, you might have to restart it.

Cheers.
legendary
Ok, I'm going to be taking pushpool and the litecoind down in a few minutes to transition it to a different box.  It's not a great box (working on that!) but it should handle the load better if I split the services a bit.

I'll post again when I'm done and things are stable.

Cheers.
legendary
I've been watching it for a few days now.  I'm pretty sure it boils down to periodic spikes from the crons that process the backend data.

I have some new hardware in the pipeline, depending on my day job I should be able to get it going in the next couple of days.

Also, as tacotime mentioned, I may have to adjust the difficulty a bit.

Thanks everyone for being so patient.  I know it's not fun.

Cheers.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Definitely not acceptable.  I need to roll out some new hardware for the site.  Top basically looks like this all the time:

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME COMMAND                                                                                                                                                                         
20690 pushpool  20   0 84104 9.9m 2140 R  100  0.3  59:09.78 pushpoold

100% CPU.  Ugh.

Any pushpoold experts have any ideas for ways to reduce the load?

If I get a quad-core or octa-core box, can I just spin up a bunch of pushpoold's pointed at the same db and memcached?

Cheers.

I've been mining ltc on your pool for a few days now and i think highly of it. I do get random periods of high stales as well. I would be glad to make a monetary donation to chip in on increased hardware. I plan on mining there for a long time. Let me know how i can help.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
Same here.  Will come back though when fixed.  Config is saved.

The website also shows:   Server Load: low
Smiley
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
Definitely not acceptable.  I need to roll out some new hardware for the site.  Top basically looks like this all the time:

100% CPU.  Ugh.

If I get a quad-core or octa-core box, can I just spin up a bunch of pushpoold's pointed at the same db and memcached?

Cheers.

Sadly, I had to change pools, 47%+ stales were killing me.
Hope you can get it fixed soon.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
kindly ask nicksasa on here if he will forward or publish his litecoin stratum pool implementation and set your shares diff to 32 or 64, loads less stress on the server.
legendary

100% CPU.  Ugh.

Cheers.
legendary
So, you do you think that 15% stale is acceptable?  And, the site shows over 2000% stale?

I am working on nushor now with a 1.9 to 2.0 % stale

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
OK, So I signed up and started mining at Coinotron, rejects are below 1%. I don't want to switch, I like Burnsides interface, but the amount of rejects is staggering in comparison. I would gladly come back if I were shown a fix to my problem, or if you fix your problem.

Let me know....

The reason is that coinotron has stratum.  To achieve that low of rejects you need to mine with this protocol inside, burnside's pool doesn't support it.
Activity: 236
OK, So I signed up and started mining at Coinotron, rejects are below 1%. I don't want to switch, I like Burnsides interface, but the amount of rejects is staggering in comparison. I would gladly come back if I were shown a fix to my problem, or if you fix your problem.

Let me know....
legendary
Thought I would try my hand at litecoin.

Is there a problem with the site?  It is taking up to 50seconds for getwork, and 8-30 seconds for share submits.
Computer is hashing at average 800kh and showing about 15% stale (probably because of the above delays)
Website; however, is showing "Round Shares: 2677 (2235.1% stale)"

Try another pool to see?

I am getting a lot of rejected shares in my CGMiner setup. I am using a MSI 6950. The rejections are between 25 and 40%. They seem to propagate more after longpoll has detected a new block.

Please tell me what I can adjust in my setup string to eliminate the rejects.

EDIT: CGMiner version is 2.10.4
Windows 8 X64
I7  2.8 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM

cgminer --scrypt -o http://ltc.kattare.com:9332 -u xxxxx.xxx -p xxxxxx --shaders 1408 -I 12 -g 1 -w 64

Thank you
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
Heh, that was an entertaining read.  Smiley

I've changed the output on the page now so if you have permanently locked your withdrawal address, it will say next to it "permanently locked".

Only an admin can unlock the permanent locks.  Please PM me your email address that you used for your account.

Cheers.

I thank you for your help once again.  Grin
legendary
Heh, that was an entertaining read.  Smiley

I've changed the output on the page now so if you have permanently locked your withdrawal address, it will say next to it "permanently locked".

Only an admin can unlock the permanent locks.  Please PM me your email address that you used for your account.

Cheers.
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
Don't remember...  If I did, am I stuck with this address permanently? No hope for change?

It did say permanent. PM burnside, he may be able to help.
Don't remember...  If I did, am I stuck with this address permanently? No hope for change?
Pages:
Jump to: