Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 37. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
tried to connect to your pool, but getting

Oct 26 20:56:26 localhost cpuminer[15224]: HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 403

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Yeah, I had to restart pushpool again.  I've worked out a script to test if it's up or down and will auto restart it.  It just starts spewing errors about being out of file handlers.  (which I have capped around 32000 using ulimit)  So I'm testing if the connection count is above 1500 or below 10 and restarting if it's outside that.

Hopefully that'll improve reliability!

Cheers.

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Back Up for me, DDoS attack still ?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Activity: 21
Looks like we are, not able to connect on my end.
Activity: 182
legendary
To reduce the requests into pushpoold I have bumped up the rpc.target.bits to 22.  This means that you will have to do twice as much computing in-between submitting shares.

Everything else stays equal.  Payouts per hashrate, solved block rates, etc, will stay consistent.

Cheers.

Do we need to change anything on our end? Will the client and your end just auto figure it out?

Nothing to change on your end.  Most clients will just figure it out.  If they don't a restart will fix it.

Cheers.
Activity: 182
To reduce the requests into pushpoold I have bumped up the rpc.target.bits to 22.  This means that you will have to do twice as much computing in-between submitting shares.

Everything else stays equal.  Payouts per hashrate, solved block rates, etc, will stay consistent.

Cheers.

Do we need to change anything on our end? Will the client and your end just auto figure it out?
legendary

Cheers.
legendary
Yeah, still going.

Most everything has been ok, but they still manage to find a way to kill pushpoold periodically.

I'll try a few things today.  Hopefully I can solidify it somewhat.  Smiley
Activity: 124
Is DDoS still going? 

Seems like... all my worker cannot get a connection.
Activity: 48
Is DDoS still going? 
legendary
Ongoing attack appears to be running ~2.2 Gbps.

Someone needs to find something better to do with their time.
legendary
Haven't tried cloudflare.  We already had a DoS filter in place, just had to ramp it up a bit.

The trick for us is that any of these DDoS services are going to cost a lot more than the pool is going to bring in.  The pool is zero fee.  The cloudflare DDoS service seems to start at $200/mo.

I'm not sure what to do about this long term.  I can't waste $$.  I'm going to have to think about it a bit.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Just FYI, we're being DDoS attacked.  Doing what we can, but may have to take the site down for a bit.

Have you tried CloudFlare?  I first heard about it from the Bitclocker pool.
legendary
Just FYI, we're being DDoS attacked.  Doing what we can, but may have to take the site down for a bit.
legendary
Site is not working and cgminer reports same with the pool. Everything was ok about hour ago.

Hmmm. Thats the issue on my isp side it seems. Many sites arent working as well.

Glad you found the issue.  I was gonna say, all my miners are connected and happy.  Smiley
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Site is not working and cgminer reports same with the pool. Everything was ok about hour ago.

Hmmm. Thats the issue on my isp side it seems. Many sites arent working as well.
legendary
legendary
anyone know the correct settings for running reaper?

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332
user USER.WORKER
pass PASS

Error with server: {"id":1,"error":{"message": method could not getwork code-1

For my 6950's:

Code:
$ cat litecoin.conf
host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332
user burnside.xxxx
pass xxxxxxxx

protocol litecoin

worksize 256
aggression 13
threads_per_gpu 2
sharethreads 4
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 6144
long_polling yes

Make sure you're running the correct version of reaper.

Also make sure your reaper.conf is setup appropriately for litecoin, eg:

Code:
$ cat reaper.conf
kernel reaper.cl
save_binaries yes
enable_graceful_shutdown yes
long_polling yes
platform 0
device 0
cpu_mining_threads 0
mine litecoin

Cheers.