Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 33. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
I think that DDoS provider guy should take a better look lol.
There are still a lot of problems.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
The DDoS service provider says the attack has subsided for now.

If you're still having connectivity issues, in theory something else is wrong.  Smiley

Cheers.
legendary
burnside no need to be sorry.
You had the pool strong enough so it could resist around 60% of the attack.
The other pools where completely down.

It is just good to know if it still is under attack because then i will stop tinkering with my settings lol

Yeah, still under attack according to the DDoS guys.   Angry

Cheers.

burnside no need to be sorry.
You had the pool strong enough so it could resist around 60% of the attack.
The other pools where completely down.

It is just good to know if it still is under attack because then i will stop tinkering with my settings lol

legendary
Not sure what is happening but i seem to have an issue with your pool.  I have mined on OzCoin and CoinOTron and everything is good when I started mining here yesterday during the DDOS attacks I was getting such a large number of (unknown-work) shares that CGMiner kept killing the pool and going to my backup.  My stales are showing between 20 -30% here.  Ihave not changed any of the settings for my cards from when I mine on CoinOTron. Huh Huh

We are definitely still under attack.

If the pattern from last time holds, we'll be under attack until the next difficulty change.

Yeh i also have stales at around 20%.
Is the attack still happening or is the anti DDoS seeing me as a bad boy?

I think it's that there are still enough packets making it through the DDoS filter to hammer the server.  Thus the server response is slower than usual, thus the stales.

Sorry, I know it sucks.  Sad
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
The "alternate hostname" is not working for me. Not sure if I've solved 10 blocks or not...how would I check? I am doing Bitcoin atm, until an LTC alternative shows itself again.

I bumped it to 15 today.  Sorry about that, forgot to post an update.

You should be able to see your blocks on the main pool stats page.  Even if you're not a top 30, it should still show your stats at the bottom of the table.

Cheers.

Odd, I never noticed that page/link before. Seems I completed 9 blocks, so it's all good either way. I've been accused of being 1 block short of a full load before.... Grin
Yeh i also have stales at around 20%.
Is the attack still happening or is the anti DDoS seeing me as a bad boy?
Not sure what is happening but i seem to have an issue with your pool.  I have mined on OzCoin and CoinOTron and everything is good when I started mining here yesterday during the DDOS attacks I was getting such a large number of (unknown-work) shares that CGMiner kept killing the pool and going to my backup.  My stales are showing between 20 -30% here.  Ihave not changed any of the settings for my cards from when I mine on CoinOTron. Huh Huh
legendary
You should be able to see your blocks on the main pool stats page.  Even if you're not a top 30, it should still show your stats at the bottom of the table.

My stats for hashrate have always shown a rank of 542 or 543, which I'm pretty sure isn't accurate since I don't even think there are that many active miners on right now.  Also, my solved blocks stat has always shown some number between 21 and 32 (which is what it says right now).  I'm pretty sure I've solved 2, maybe 3 blocks.  Any way you can take a peek at this?  Not urgent, but I am curious to know what the real numbers are.

I think I got this fixed up... there were definitely issues in the default simplecoin code.  The rankings and block counts for users not in the top 30 should be accurate now.

Cheers.

legendary

My stats for hashrate have always shown a rank of 542 or 543, which I'm pretty sure isn't accurate since I don't even think there are that many active miners on right now.  Also, my solved blocks stat has always shown some number between 21 and 32 (which is what it says right now).  I'm pretty sure I've solved 2, maybe 3 blocks.  Any way you can take a peek at this?  Not urgent, but I am curious to know what the real numbers are.

You bet, I'll take a look here in a few hours.

legendary
Just wondering...
Burnside, can we have more than 1 computer per worker?

Yeah.  But if you use the dead worker notification it makes it hard to tell which one went down.  Smiley
Activity: 74

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
Helluva day today....

Over here in Australia power prices are phonemenal.. Even the prime minster is has made lowering them a priority in an effort to grab votes.. but I'm American, not colonial pussy so I got me 30 thousand litres of waste vegetable oil, scavenged parts, and a cheap chinese rip off of a honda diesel generator.... The Wasteproduct Engery Recyling Process (Version 1.0) or as I call it T.W.E.R.P. went online yesterday and I was able to mine litecoins with all surviving rigs for free at a whopping 2 G/h (We had a few casualities during the bitcoin phase)

Unfortunately this was also during a DDos attack, but what the hey, staying online cost me nothing.. had to abandon Ozcoin, just couldn't connect... Tryed Burnsides pool and stayed up even though at one point the stats reported I was the only member of the pool.

Then it all seemed good... Low network , High Hashrate, Profits starting to trickle through and the mother of all storms cuts my satellite comms.... bugger... was gonna shut it down but we just came good.. and we still have 29,970 liters of crap to burn.. might as well stick it out...

No there is no point to my post.. Other than some of us are at the ass end of the earth with nothing better to do than mine till we drop and are a bit weir.

Props to Burnside though... His pool withstood the script kiddy shenanigans better than the other pools...... 
Activity: 59
Just wondering...
Burnside, can we have more than 1 computer per worker?
legendary
The "alternate hostname" is not working for me. Not sure if I've solved 10 blocks or not...how would I check? I am doing Bitcoin atm, until an LTC alternative shows itself again.

I bumped it to 15 today.  Sorry about that, forgot to post an update.

Cheers.
I have a lot of "getwork took...." messages.

I'm going to give miners with 10 or more solved blocks an option to direct connect, bypassing the DoS service.  If you've solved 10 or more blocks, log in and go here for an alternate hostname: http://ltc.kattare.com/gettingstarted.php

Cheers.

legendary
I need to verify the address at which my miner needs to be pointed to. http://ltc.kattare.com:9332 with my userworker name and password. so far its a no go but maybe im doing something wrong. seems like ur one of the last ones left standing

ok im connected. Jesus christ you guys have high share diff too, 31 atm. but least ur still standing. I will be loyal to this pool for that simple fact.

Yeah, we do have high diff.  Keeps the request count down.

We are definitely having our share of issues.  The DDoS protection guys have kept the site up pretty well, but it's been a long challenging day.  The slower performance causes lots of stales.  Sucks.

Cheers.

Activity: 36
I need to verify the address at which my miner needs to be pointed to. http://ltc.kattare.com:9332 with my userworker name and password. so far its a no go but maybe im doing something wrong. seems like ur one of the last ones left standing

ok im connected. Jesus christ you guys have high share diff too, 31 atm. but least ur still standing. I will be loyal to this pool for that simple fact.
Well that attack got us good but it never went 100% down.
Nice job Burnside.
legendary
Pool Efficiency - 68.85% . What's wrong with it?

I'm pretty sure you caught it at the round boundary.

There's a flood of stales every time a block is solved.  Miners submit their shares toward the old block until they do their next long poll and start processing shares toward the new block.

I may have to change the pool efficiency calculation to be across the last 100k shares or something.

Cheers.

Pages:
Jump to: