Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 38. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Activity: 756
anyone know the correct settings for running reaper?

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332
user USER.WORKER
pass PASS

Error with server: {"id":1,"error":{"message": method could not getwork code-1
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
That is really high.  Did most of your traffic come from a single IP address?  Our DoS filter may have been catching you if you had a lot of miners behind a single IP.  I could probably work in a whitelist if you have a static IP.

Cheers.

I appreciate that, and if i mine ltc in the future i will be in touch. thxs.

having per worker stats would have helped me with the jftr.  i usually make a worker for each rig.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
That is really high.  Did most of your traffic come from a single IP address?  Our DoS filter may have been catching you if you had a lot of miners behind a single IP.  I could probably work in a whitelist if you have a static IP.

Cheers.
legendary
i signed up too.

where can we see our share stats?  I cant tell good shares from bad.

edit:
in the header there is  Round Shares: 52 (19.2% stale)

can we get this info per worker?

There are per-worker hashrates on the account page.  I need to get those into the my stats page.  I'm not really sure what you'd need per-worker shares for?

I had to back out of the ltc mining anyway.  25 7970's are way to valuable to be getting such a high stale rate an sequence errors. 
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I'm not really sure what you'd need per-worker shares for?

Knowing per-worker shares is useful for comparing configurations and detecting laggards.
legendary
i signed up too.

edit:

There are per-worker hashrates on the account page.  I need to get those into the my stats page.  I'm not really sure what you'd need per-worker shares for?
legendary
i signed up too.

edit:

Activity: 518
Manateeeeeeees
Just hopping in with some real hardware for the first time.  Long live LTC!
legendary
In http://ltc.kattare.com/blocks.php page, it does not number of my shares out of last 500,000. Is that so by design?

If "by design" you mean by poor design, sure.  Smiley

The way simplecoin is setup, it doesn't move the long-term tracking data into the long-term tables until the block is 100% confirmed.  Since that page is based on the long-term data, it doesn't see the share counts that are stored in the short-term tables.  Querying the short-term tables wouldn't be reasonable because they get massive.  (millions and millions of shares to track)

I don't like it very much either.  I added the shares and earnings columns that are in there right now.  Simplecoin didn't have those by default.  But I couldn't find an easy way to get the numbers prior to the payout calculation process.

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate simplecoin.  It was free and a GREAT starting place for running a pool.  There's just little quirks every here and there that you end up having to deal with.   Wink

Cheers.

No. 'by design', I mean intentional.

I recently joined the pool and there was no way to see whether I will be receiving any reward for a block. The table was also not showing my shares, so I was worried that I might not have setup the miners correctly.

But will it be really hard to show the number of valid shares for each miner and display it on that table or the potential earning for the miner from a block?

Definitely not intentional by me, no.  As I mentioned, the fact that there are any share counts and payout data on there is because I added it.  Smiley

But in terms of how the database is structured, yeah, I have to leave that off for now just because querying the shares table (one row per share, including all the submitted data!) is just too time consuming for a web page response.  It would be an interesting project to see if I could calculate the shares and potential payout prior to the blocks reaching confirmed status though.  I'll look into it when I get some time.  It would be cool to not have to wait several hours to see how your mining is doing.

Activity: 215
Merit: 100
In http://ltc.kattare.com/blocks.php page, it does not number of my shares out of last 500,000. Is that so by design?

The way simplecoin is setup, it doesn't move the long-term tracking data into the long-term tables until the block is 100% confirmed.  Since that page is based on the long-term data, it doesn't see the share counts that are stored in the short-term tables.  Querying the short-term tables wouldn't be reasonable because they get massive.  (millions and millions of shares to track)

I don't like it very much either.  I added the shares and earnings columns that are in there right now.  Simplecoin didn't have those by default.  But I couldn't find an easy way to get the numbers prior to the payout calculation process.

I don't want to sound like I don't appreciate simplecoin.  It was free and a GREAT starting place for running a pool.  There's just little quirks every here and there that you end up having to deal with.   Wink

Cheers.

No. 'by design', I mean intentional.

I recently joined the pool and there was no way to see whether I will be receiving any reward for a block. The table was also not showing my shares, so I was worried that I might not have setup the miners correctly.

But will it be really hard to show the number of valid shares for each miner and display it on that table or the potential earning for the miner from a block?
legendary

Cheers.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
legendary
Thanks for the heads up guys.  Mine was blocked too.   Cheesy

Looks like there are ~25 people that have had their accounts blocked due to bruteforce password guessing attempts.  The system is setup such that after 5 failed login attempts, the account gets locked.  I have 400+ hits to the login page from 188.95.51.205.

The sad thing is that it had to be another member of the pool.  The locked out accounts are all the top hashers and you'll notice that I do not give out usernames on the pool stats page unless you're already logged in.

I'll reset all the lockouts.  But please keep in mind that the safety of your coins hinges on you having a good password.  If you do not have a good password, now is a good time to reset it!

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
i'm not tooooo concerned, it says i'm banned but it's still giving me automatic payouts lol.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
My account seems to be banned also. Looks like a bug. burnside, my account name is the same as my forum account name. Thanks!

edit: tacotime, I was able to reset my password with no problem and am able to log in now. You could try it again. burnside, I'm all set, disregard.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
says my account has been banned but i'm still mining okay?  pm'd you my username.  it won't let me reset my password.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
My account was banned at ur pool, is there any reason for that?

Edit: after resetting my password the account was back up.
bug?
legendary
Hi,
Is there a way to see how much unconfirmed LTC i have?
my balance only shows the confirmed LTC.

Not at the moment.  I believe simplecoin treats unconfirmed as zero until it's confirmed.  If your hashrate is consistent though, it should be easy to predict using previous block payouts.

Cheers.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Hi,
Is there a way to see how much unconfirmed LTC i have?
my balance only shows the confirmed LTC.
Pages:
Jump to: