Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 39. (Read 118848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
bump for great free pool
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Made some significant website performance improvements today.

A couple of DB tables were missing key indexes.  What was a 15-20 second page load on the main Pool Stats page is now ~1 second for me.

Also setup an automated cleanup of the hash stats.  They're only used to generate the graph of the last month of hashing, so for now I'm purging them when they are over 60 days old.

Cheers.
legendary
That was my understanding, but it's just kind of demoralizing seeing that number drop by so much in such a short amount of time.

Yeah, no doubt.

Even more demoralizing for me is that there are people out there with 12MH to just throw around.  heh.  I'm gonna have to roll out more gear!
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Man, the new guy that just brought almost 12MH/s online killed my earnings per block.

In theory when people do that we solve enough additional blocks for the payout to stay the same over a given time period.  There's still some luck involved, but the more hashing the pool gets, the more stable the payouts should be.  So I guess the more the merrier.  Wink  At least until the server falls over.  heh.

That was my understanding, but it's just kind of demoralizing seeing that number drop by so much in such a short amount of time.
legendary
Man, the new guy that just brought almost 12MH/s online killed my earnings per block.

In theory when people do that we solve enough additional blocks for the payout to stay the same over a given time period.  There's still some luck involved, but the more hashing the pool gets, the more stable the payouts should be.  So I guess the more the merrier.  Wink  At least until the server falls over.  heh.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
legendary
Thanks everyone for replying.

The instructions were crystal clear. It's embarrasing but I was using my id's password and didn't realize the worker had a different password. That is what I get for playing with new ecoins at 1am.  Roll Eyes

I love a happy ending.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000
Thanks everyone for replying.

The instructions were crystal clear. It's embarrasing but I was using my id's password and didn't realize the worker had a different password. That is what I get for playing with new ecoins at 1am.  Roll Eyes
legendary
On what 13 beta?

From my getting started page: "Track down and install reaper version 13b4 or higher.  (Wiki http://wiki.solidcoin.info/wiki/Reaper)"

Soon as I make the transition to cgminer myself, I'll add it to the getting started page.  Smiley

Cheers.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I tried this pool for the first time with both Reaper and cgminer, neither could connect to server ltc.kattare.com

Anyone else run into this recently? Is the server up? Or do I just have no idea what I'm doing.

The exact same cgminer works fine with my 5870s on deepbit for BTC, so not sure what is going on.

Things seem to be chugging along smoothly.  Did you make the necessary config changes to use scrypt instead of sha256?

I have example reaper configs posted on the getting started page.  Just make sure you're on the 13 beta.

Cheers.

On what 13 beta?
legendary
I tried this pool for the first time with both Reaper and cgminer, neither could connect to server ltc.kattare.com

Anyone else run into this recently? Is the server up? Or do I just have no idea what I'm doing.

The exact same cgminer works fine with my 5870s on deepbit for BTC, so not sure what is going on.

Things seem to be chugging along smoothly.  Did you make the necessary config changes to use scrypt instead of sha256?

I have example reaper configs posted on the getting started page.  Just make sure you're on the 13 beta.

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

Glad to see the pool chugging along nicely. Keep up the good work and let's get some blocks!
legendary
How does one change their pin?

Ok, you should be able to change your pin now from the account details page, just below the password change section.

Cheers.
That is good but I should have been more clear. I do not know my pin so cannot withdraw. PMing you now.

Ahhh!  haha.  yes, for those issues just PM me.  We'll figure something out.
legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

Ok, you should be able to change your pin now from the account details page, just below the password change section.

Cheers.
That is good but I should have been more clear. I do not know my pin so cannot withdraw. PMing you now.
legendary
You may have noticed some strangeness in the block payouts the last couple days.

Two days ago I noticed the pool wallet had lost 50 LTC, and discovered another simplecoin bug where it was paying for orphans.  (not a good thing for a PPLNS zero fee pool!)  I tried to fix it and ended up instead breaking things worse.  It started paying out all blocks found instantly.  Sad  So it was doing that most of the day yesterday, not a huge deal.

Tried to fix it last night though, and broke it in the opposite direction.  I did an SQL query with txid = '' that should have been txid IS NULL.  So for the last 8 hours or so it wasn't paying out at all.   Angry

This morning I fixed that.  The first cron run after I fixed it paid out all the blocks properly and things are good so far.  Cheesy  I think we should be stable from here on out.

Cheers.

I wondered what was going on, saw a bunch of stuff all go completed at once. Was that part of what was going on?

Yeah, that was the part where it was paying all blocks found instantly.  heh.  That wasn't a huge issue because we didn't get any orphans during that time. 

Simplecoin has a few fundamental logic flaws in how it was connecting up generate and immature blocks with the database of winning shares.  To assign a transaction id to a winning share block it was looping through the transaction log oldest to newest and connecting up to the newest winning share from the database.  It also didn't have any checking to see if a winning share already had a transaction id before overwriting it.  What this meant was that if there was more than one generate block in the time between cron runs, it would assign the wrong transaction ids to the wrong winning share blocks.  Since it tracks the confirms by transaction id, this was resulting in orphan blocks getting paid out occasionally, confirm counts being wrong, etc.

I fixed it by reversing the iteration on the transaction log to loop newest to oldest, and inserted checking for if a winning share block already had a transaction id assigned.  Cleaned it up nicely.  Wink

This particular bug doesn't surprise me much.  It's only an issue when you're solving blocks rapidly.  Not really something that you have to deal with in BTC very often.

Hope that all makes sense!

Cheers.
You may have noticed some strangeness in the block payouts the last couple days.

Two days ago I noticed the pool wallet had lost 50 LTC, and discovered another simplecoin bug where it was paying for orphans.  (not a good thing for a PPLNS zero fee pool!)  I tried to fix it and ended up instead breaking things worse.  It started paying out all blocks found instantly.  Sad  So it was doing that most of the day yesterday, not a huge deal.

Tried to fix it last night though, and broke it in the opposite direction.  I did an SQL query with txid = '' that should have been txid IS NULL.  So for the last 8 hours or so it wasn't paying out at all.   Angry

This morning I fixed that.  The first cron run after I fixed it paid out all the blocks properly and things are good so far.  Cheesy  I think we should be stable from here on out.

Cheers.

I wondered what was going on, saw a bunch of stuff all go completed at once. Was that part of what was going on?
legendary

Cheers.
legendary

Can't right now... lemme look into it.  Might not be all that hard to add to simplecoin.
Pages:
Jump to: