Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 34. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 535
Merit: 500
 Pool Efficiency - 68.85% . What's wrong with it?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Heh, fixed the hostname in the getstarted page, etc... I typo'd it last night!

Cheers.
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
COINMIXER.NET
works much better for me !
legendary
I have a lot of "getwork took...." messages.

Things have settled down for me, I think the change may have helped a bit.

Cheers.
legendary

I'm going to give miners with 10 or more solved blocks an option to direct connect, bypassing the DoS service.  If you've solved 10 or more blocks, log in and go here for an alternate hostname: http://ltc.kattare.com/gettingstarted.php

Cheers.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

It seems much better now.
legendary
Well then i know it was not me  Grin

I also see it going down from 96% to 60%after that last 38miners went online.
At that moment i played with some settings so i just wanted to be sure.

I dropped the worksize from 22 to 21, we'll see if it improves things at all.  *crosses fingers*

Well then i know it was not me  Grin

I also see it going down from 96% to 60%after that last 38miners went online.
At that moment i played with some settings so i just wanted to be sure.
legendary
Maybe you can help get the max out of mine.
I see stales around 3-7%
I got these settings:

worksize 128
aggression 13
threads_per_gpu 2
sharethreads 33
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 6144
long_polling yes

Hardware:
AMD Radeon 5670

Speed:
92kh/s

I hate to say it, but 3%-7% is what I'm getting too.  It got a few percent worse when I added the DDoS protection.  Though, at the same time I bumped up the difficulty a bit.  I wonder if it'd improve now if I drop the difficulty (work size) back down?

Maybe you can help get the max out of mine.
I see stales around 3-7%
I got these settings:

worksize 128
aggression 13
threads_per_gpu 2
sharethreads 33
lookup_gap 2
gpu_thread_concurrency 6144
long_polling yes

Hardware:
AMD Radeon 5670

Speed:
92kh/s
legendary
I noticed we have a lot of hashing, but a very low (~60% right now) pool efficiency.

Those of you new to LTC mining might want to check your My Stats page, make sure your stales aren't crazy high.  If they are, there's a good chance you need to reconfig your mining software to work better with your vid card.  For some reason bad settings result in invalid hashes.

Cheers.
legendary
I get "Getwork took 6.35 s!"
Is it a bump in the road to the server or something else?

Today mined my first Litecoin... i am proud of my simple videocard.
Now need to find a way to get rich haha. 

Yeah, that's usually a bump in the road between you and the server.  In this case, since we're behind a DoS service, it could also be between that service and the actual backend server.

Occasionally it actually is an issue on the server as well just due to load.  The server's not a virtual or VPS, it's a full dedicated, but it's at the lower end of the spectrum in terms of hardware.  (I think dual core, 4 GB ram, sata raid 1)

Cheers.

I get "Getwork took 6.35 s!"
Is it a bump in the road to the server or something else?

Today mined my first Litecoin... i am proud of my simple videocard.
Now need to find a way to get rich haha. 
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
I think all my share are showing up as Stale.  This is my first time mining litecoin not sure what happen I turn my miner off for now.

What mining software are you using?  Make sure you've adjusted it to do scrypt hashing instead of sha256 hashing.

Cheers.

I'm using reaper.  I have mine litecoins in the .conf file.  I'm sure all my conf files are right.

When you are logged in on ltc.kattare.com, this page has configs in it for reaper:

http://ltc.kattare.com/gettingstarted.php

I suspect something is wrong in your reaper config.  It's pretty sensitive to wrong settings.  Especially with the worksize and gpu_thread_concurrency.

I don't have any experience with the 7000 series cards though.  You should probably dig around on the forums here to find settings that are good for your card if the settings on the site do not work for it.

Hope that helps!

Well doing some testing again.  I was doing :

kernel reaper.cl
save_binaries yes
enable_graceful_shutdown yes
long_polling yes
platform 0
device 0
device 1
device 2
cpu_mining_threads 0
mine litecoin

But it was having 99% errors now I'm running a new window for each GPU.  I'm getting 355kh/s for devices 1 and device 2.  But Device 0 only does 14kh/s.
I'm having a hard time understanding Stale and GPU errors too. Device 1 has Stale 86% and GPU errors 9% Device 2 has 89% stale and 12% GPU errors.  With BTC mining my GPU errors are around 1% or less.
legendary
Here is a newbie who joined this pool.
Also playing with litecoin now bitcoin is hard to make with crappy videocards LOL.

How about stale rates?
What is normal in 24 hours?
Hashrate (kH/s)    Round Shares    Round Stales    Stale Percent
58.24                          79                   6              7.59%

0% stale is normal best

We're still running through the DoS service.  I may shift off it here soon, as things seem to have died down.

Some stales are normal though.  Any time a block is solved your next submitted share(s) are going to be stale.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Also playing with litecoin now bitcoin is hard to make with crappy videocards LOL.

How about stale rates?

0% stale is normal best

How about stale rates?
legendary
I think all my share are showing up as Stale.  This is my first time mining litecoin not sure what happen I turn my miner off for now.

What mining software are you using?  Make sure you've adjusted it to do scrypt hashing instead of sha256 hashing.

Cheers.

I'm using reaper.  I have mine litecoins in the .conf file.  I'm sure all my conf files are right.

When you are logged in on ltc.kattare.com, this page has configs in it for reaper:

http://ltc.kattare.com/gettingstarted.php

I suspect something is wrong in your reaper config.  It's pretty sensitive to wrong settings.  Especially with the worksize and gpu_thread_concurrency.

I don't have any experience with the 7000 series cards though.  You should probably dig around on the forums here to find settings that are good for your card if the settings on the site do not work for it.

Hope that helps!
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal

Cheers.

Pages:
Jump to: