Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 35. (Read 118848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
I think all my share are showing up as Stale.  This is my first time mining litecoin not sure what happen I turn my miner off for now.

What mining software are you using?  Make sure you've adjusted it to do scrypt hashing instead of sha256 hashing.

Cheers.
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
I think all my share are showing up as Stale.  This is my first time mining litecoin not sure what happen I turn my miner off for now.
legendary
Stales leveling out now, 2% now instead of 20%  Shocked

Things have improved for my miners as well.  I'm glad, that was really ugly for a while!
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
COINMIXER.NET
Stales leveling out now, 2% now instead of 20%  Shocked
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Is it possible to modify the Stratum system that's used on BTC and use it on LTC?

The answer is "probably" though I'm not sure there's anyone taking it on at the moment. Check out:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pushpool-bounty-update-for-stratum-enhancements-for-litecoin-pools-117914.  The pool of developers for Litecoin is much smaller than for Bitcoin.  Also, I suspect burnside has tweaked his pool again to mitigate the stales issue as I've had very few in the past several rounds.

And as an aside, I find it disheartening that people such as yourself asking intelligent questions feel the need to apologize for asking.  Bitcointalk has really devolved. You may want to give http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php a try.  It's not terribly active but it's much friendlier.  We could use folks like you.  Not saying anyone should abandon this forum, just that the other makes a good addition to it.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

This is probably a dumb question but I am willing to take the ensuing crap.

Is it possible to modify the Stratum system thats used on BTC and use it on LTC?

I am still mining BTC and the difference between Stratum and the old Long Poll system is Night and Day. Stales are way down over the old system, everything seems more stable and if you have a limited (dodgy) Internet connection with high latency, Stratum seem to do much better as well.
It is really a vast improvement.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
still getting crazy stales

switched my miners to litecoinpool for now

Coinotron I was on but I don't see anyway for it to show me how many stales are going on
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
still getting crazy stales

switched my miners to litecoinpool for now
Round Shares: 59 (8.5% stale)
legendary
Ddos has been really bad for the past 24 hours, averaging 15% stale
Round Shares: 21 (33.3% stale)
COINMIXER.NET
Awesome, thanks burnside!
legendary
Anyone else getting a ridiculous amount of stales?

Had some issues with the DoS service today where the requests were coming through crazy slow, causing lots of stales.

I'm going to have to ditch the DoS service for the pushpool port in-between attacks... it's just not worth all the issues.  I'm out of town this weekend, but will tackle the change monday when I'm back.

Cheers.
COINMIXER.NET
Anyone else getting a ridiculous amount of stales?
legendary
Hi
I am having a problem with the pool.
my current hashing power is nearly 1MH/s using GPUs. but the pool only shows ~300kh/s. is something wrong?

I don't see you on there right now, but there's a 10-15 minute lag between when you start hashing, and when the pool has enough data to determine your hashrate.

If you waited 15 minutes or so, and are still seeing issues, then yeah, we have some kind of problem somewhere.  Probably your shares are not all being accepted for some reason.

And yeah... shares here are 2x or 4x the difficulty of some other pools, which means you'll see 2x or 4x fewer shares, depending on what pool you're comparing to.  The payouts should come out the same, or a little higher since we're only taking donations instead of a fixed percentage.

Cheers.
legendary
Does number of submitted shares relies only on hash rate?
Because on burnside's I get ~3shares/min, but on coinotron I get nearly 10 times that.
both using cgminer.

It depends on the share difficulty and your hash rate.  Burnside has a higher share difficulty than coinotron, so shares take longer to mine and you get less per minute.  At the same time, you get paid more per share.
Activity: 66
Hi
my current hashing power is nearly 1MH/s using GPUs. but the pool only shows ~300kh/s. is something wrong?

hash rate is based on number of share submits in a round as far as I can tell.  wait until after you've started a round to check the speed on the pool.
Does number of submitted shares relies only on hash rate?
Because on burnside's I get ~3shares/min, but on coinotron I get nearly 10 times that.
both using cgminer.
legendary
Hi

hash rate is based on number of share submits in a round as far as I can tell.  wait until after you've started a round to check the speed on the pool.
Activity: 66
Hi
legendary
pool is dead ffffffffffff

Ugh.  It came back on it's own with the auto restarts.

I'm gonna have to make a farm of 10 pushpoold's.

Pushpool hasn't even crashed once here ... It did however die every 15 mins on my testserver. Strange bug is strange

It was totally stable before the attacks.  Ran for months without a restart.  It doesn't make much sense to me either. 
Pages:
Jump to: