Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 5. (Read 118848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
Hi, new here and to mining, but so far I like your site! Can't say much for the stales, as I am still pretty slow compared to the power users. But hopefully I get can things moving faster here in the future. Still learning and having fun!

Thanks and happy mining!

Do these people chew up a lot of resources sending crap?

90% Or Higher Stales Today
... fix your configs ppl! Wink
Rank   User Name   Stales
1   eventtourist   32,848

Do they get temp ban?

Network Hash Rate   -2,147.484 GH/s

An Int over run obv. But this is just reporting right?

Hah, that's awesome.  Whatever it is, that's how it's coming out of litecoind:

# litecoind getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 312928,
    "currentblocksize" : 1225,
    "currentblocktx" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 54.19159781,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : -2147483648,
    "pooledtx" : 3,
    "testnet" : false
}

Amazing where we have come in such short time. I think 2013 will be know as the start of the crypto craze!

Loved your site burnside. You always have run a great business. If you ever consider running another pool, look up HBN. I'll treat you right.

Good Luck!
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
I just logged in and noticed that the transaction fee is now 0.1 LTC!!! I thought 0.05 was pretty expensive but this is ridiculous! At the current value of LTC it costs me > $3 USD just to get my coins out of the pool. This combined with the unreliability of the web site may mean it's time to find another pool.  Undecided

Of course you're welcome to shop around.

I did the math, the site was losing LTC on the withdrawal fee because we're still running a 7.x client.  (with a 0.1 txfee)  It used to be ok when we were solving lots of blocks because the donations helped offset it somewhat.  Now we're doing tons of withdrawals less than 1 LTC and getting hit with 0.1 LTC txfees.  Crazy.

I can't upgrade to 8.x until I can do a bunch of testing... unfortunately several pieces of our 7.x client are custom.

I think btc-e.com must be in a similar situation, their withdrawal fee is still 0.1 as well.

Cheers.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I just logged in and noticed that the transaction fee is now 0.1 LTC!!! I thought 0.05 was pretty expensive but this is ridiculous! At the current value of LTC it costs me > $3 USD just to get my coins out of the pool. This combined with the unreliability of the web site may mean it's time to find another pool.  Undecided
Activity: 346
Merit: 251
There can be only one!
Between miner issues, poor pool luck, and orphaned blocks it's been a rough stretch for my venture into Ltc mining..
legendary
Site not working again. WTF Huh

The tunnel between our DDoS vendor and the webserver was down.  Not sure what caused it.  It's back now.  Smiley
Activity: 25
Glad to see that the pool is back.  Smiley

What is a acceptable % of stale shares for CPU mining? I average around 20% +- is this normal? I'm mining on several 32 core Xeon servers + cpuminer. Anything I can do to optimize their performance?
I averaged about the same percentage of stales. Just wondering what hash rate you can achieve with your setup?
Activity: 19
Website seems to be back up and working now.

Yes, the website is back up and working. However, I was mining on the stratum pool while the website was down. I haven't seen any LTC for the shares I submitted yesterday (12/3/2013), is this normal?

Yeah me too. Got the same "issue".

I switched to a backup pool for now.
Activity: 19
Glad to see that the pool is back.  Smiley

What is a acceptable % of stale shares for CPU mining? I average around 20% +- is this normal? I'm mining on several 32 core Xeon servers + cpuminer. Anything I can do to optimize their performance?
Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Yes, the website is back up and working. However, I was mining on the stratum pool while the website was down. I haven't seen any LTC for the shares I submitted yesterday (12/3/2013), is this normal?
Activity: 64
Activity: 83
Any attempts to bring back the website? Stratum is up, but the downtime of the website prevents me from checking how my miners are doing and manual payouts.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
So... Bad gateway, after two days... So where has all the rum gone? And by rum I mean our LTC....
Activity: 4
The website is down still.
Activity: 92
Hello, I forgot my pin. Can you help me to reset the pin?

I sent you my details to PM.
Thx.
There can be only one!
Looks like there was an outage - working again now
There can be only one!
Thank you Burnside!

I wasn't ready to give up on you - as soon as Stratum came back online I hopped right back on. Been a great go since then too; much better than the prior week or two - pool hash rate has more than tripled too!

Stales are at less than 1%, HUGE improvement there. Happily hashing away Smiley

Thanks again mate! Happy mining!

Cheers
Z
Activity: 3
Hello, I forgot my pin. Can you please send me a reset link for the pin?

I've sent my username via pm

Thanks
legendary
Sadly it looks like I might have to give up on this pool... Site's down, Stratum is down, Getwork gives me ~20% stales.. Sad

I think I may have figured out some of the issues with the stratum.  It was running out of open files. (ulimit issue)

Default in linux is 1024 open files, which also affects the number of sockets it can handle.  I've bumped it up to 10k and I can already see more than 1024 connections:

Code:
2013-11-26 10:57:25,578 INFO stats # 1087 peers connected, state changed 55 times

Hopefully that improves things a bit.

Cheers.
There can be only one!
Sadly it looks like I might have to give up on this pool... Site's down, Stratum is down, Getwork gives me ~20% stales.. Sad
Activity: 4
. I get a lot of rejects that say "share is above target".

did you use --scrypt?
Pages:
Jump to: