Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 3. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Hi burnside pool members, my user name is zedsdead. I just started mining litecoins for the first time last night in your pool. My sapphire r9 290 turned out to be the shits for video games so I thought I'd try that out. To my surprise, I was getting 50 000 kh/s for the first few hours, being second to only that kuku dude. The calculator said I was going to make 9000 dollars a month. This has to be a mistake... when I woke up the kh/s rate was down to 25 000 kh/s but still I was expecting to have kh/s near my gpu capacity of 750. My question is.... is this information accurate? Because if Im only gonna find a couple lite coins a month Im just gonna sell this video card for face value online.

CGminer requires settings ( besides pool/login ) for optimised mining, you might want to try these aditional settings
Code:
-I 8 -w 512 -lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --gpu-fan 80
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
can you please reset my pin. username is xritam.
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
You're 2nd to kuko in the stales list. That means that you should check your config.
You should expect around 800 kh/s on your card.

Here's a list: http://litecoin.info/Mining_Hardware_Comparison

I would advice you to mine alt coins instead. Check out the multi pools in the alt forum. That way you can mine the most profitable coin ATM.
Activity: 2
 Hi burnside pool members, my user name is zedsdead. I just started mining litecoins for the first time last night in your pool. My sapphire r9 290 turned out to be the shits for video games so I thought I'd try that out. To my surprise, I was getting 50 000 kh/s for the first few hours, being second to only that kuku dude. The calculator said I was going to make 9000 dollars a month. This has to be a mistake... when I woke up the kh/s rate was down to 25 000 kh/s but still I was expecting to have kh/s near my gpu capacity of 750. My question is.... is this information accurate? Because if Im only gonna find a couple lite coins a month Im just gonna sell this video card for face value online.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
well i'm mining if i get at least 1 accepted share every 24hrs i'm happy. And i know things are workings.

Running a pool is not easy, And there seems to be little help or apprecition.... You got this far, people can connect. keep going, improve as much as possible.

I wish i knew what was going on in a little more detail... what makes you believe it is hardware failure?

The Linux kernel panics and we have to hard-reboot it.  Wink

Usually that's a memory issue or driver issue, but we've tried testing the RAM, it passed.  The gear is not bleeding edge, so there shouldn't be any problems with drivers.

Cheers.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
well i'm mining if i get at least 1 accepted share every 24hrs i'm happy. And i know things are workings.

Running a pool is not easy, And there seems to be little help or apprecition.... You got this far, people can connect. keep going, improve as much as possible.

I wish i knew what was going on in a little more detail... what makes you believe it is hardware failure?
Activity: 173
Unfortunately I have to agree with the consensus that this site is no longer appropriate for serious mining.  I have posted a warning on the site:

The site should be considered temporarily closed until we can procure stable hardware. Our current hardware is crashing every 3-7 days or so, making it near impossible to keep a functional hashing environment going. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I will update everyone when I am able to procure replacement hardware and/or troubleshoot the existing hardware.

In the meantime I will leave everything online and running, roughly as it has been.  I'll also try to get our litecoind upgraded so that we can reduce the withdrawal fees.

Cheers.

Burnside that was a stand-up thing to do! Much respect and I look forward to seeing things work out in the future.

Cheers indeed  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Unfortunately I have to agree with the consensus that this site is no longer appropriate for serious mining.  I have posted a warning on the site:

The site should be considered temporarily closed until we can procure stable hardware. Our current hardware is crashing every 3-7 days or so, making it near impossible to keep a functional hashing environment going. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I will update everyone when I am able to procure replacement hardware and/or troubleshoot the existing hardware.

In the meantime I will leave everything online and running, roughly as it has been.  I'll also try to get our litecoind upgraded so that we can reduce the withdrawal fees.

Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Also check www.ltcbox.net - very stable, finding blocks on a regular basis, also quite a bit of hashing power in there, could be more though Smiley
Activity: 61
I've written off my 0.08 LTC at burnside pool.

Currently using www.ejpool.info, Admin seems to be on top of things, so would recommend it.
Activity: 173
Burnside, this is stupid. If you ever expect to make this a success you MUST put more effort into it. I understand you have more pressing issues to deal with at the moment. If that is the case then I suggest you take the site down for now so people are not wasting their hash. You will alienate the community and never be able to draw a strong pool of miners.

Get your crap together please?  Shocked
It's actually working for me now. And I haven't changed any configurations.

Activity: 2
I haven't been able to connect for several days. Get this same error message over and over:

[2013-12-25 13:38:15] Started cgminer 3.7.0
 [2013-12-25 13:38:15] Probing for an alive pool
 [2013-12-25 13:39:15] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
 [2013-12-25 13:39:15] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have input
 [2013-12-25 13:39:15] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or have not set up workers
 [2013-12-25 13:39:15] Pool: 0  URL: stratum+tcp://ltc-stratum.kattare.com:3333 User: MYUSERNAME.1  Password: x
 [2013-12-25 13:39:15] Press any key to exit, or cgminer will try again in 15s.

But I haven't changed my configuration at all and this used to work fine.

Rest of the website seems to work and I've been sent dead worker notification emails.
Activity: 6
Can't connect to stratum and website is down.
The thing is that I'm running the cpuminer.

Code:
{
        "_comment1" : "Any long-format command line argument ",
        "_comment2" : "may be used in this JSON configuration file",

"url" : "http://ltc.kattare.com:9332/",
        "user" : "YOUR_USERNAME.YOUR_WORKER_SUFFIX",
        "pass" : "YOUR_WORKER_PASSWORD",
        "quiet" : true
}

Error:

Code:
Dec 23 12:17:06 cpuminer[28015]: HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
Dec 23 12:17:06 cpuminer[28015]: json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds
Dec 23 12:17:37 cpuminer[28015]: HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
Dec 23 12:17:37 cpuminer[28015]: json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

With this guide I succeeded to mine with minerd (poolers cpuminer) with -o stratum+tcp://ltc.kattare.com:3333 -O worker:pass. Alltought only ~85khash/s with 4930k@4,2gHz so its not effience enought to mine with it.

Try to change url port to 3333, I don't understant what stratum is and how things works but I think that 9332 port needs stratum. U can also try stratum+tcp://ltc.kattare.com:3333 in a url. If yours litecoin.conf looks like mine and u are using same urls, then I don't know to how help u. :I

ps. Just for sure, username and password have to be exactly same than in your kattare accound, for example John.1:123
Still get rpc call error. What did you do to get it to work?
I'm newb but lets try:
Using cudaminer in win7 x64 with -i 0 -d 1 -l K42x6 -C --no-autotune -o stratum+tcp://ltc.kattare.com:3333 -O workerusername.1:password.
Litecoin.conf:
rpcuser=Username
rpcpassword=Password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_ntime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

The thing is that I'm running the cpuminer.

Code:
{
        "_comment1" : "Any long-format command line argument ",
        "_comment2" : "may be used in this JSON configuration file",

"url" : "http://ltc.kattare.com:9332/",
        "user" : "YOUR_USERNAME.YOUR_WORKER_SUFFIX",
        "pass" : "YOUR_WORKER_PASSWORD",
        "quiet" : true
}

Error:

Code:
Dec 23 12:17:06 cpuminer[28015]: HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
Dec 23 12:17:06 cpuminer[28015]: json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds
Dec 23 12:17:37 cpuminer[28015]: HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
Dec 23 12:17:37 cpuminer[28015]: json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds
Activity: 85
wait, did I totally get jacked? I've been mining at 2+Mh/s for the last 3 days and was close to 96,000 shares. I jumped off this morning due to some problems with my rig and when I went to get on later today, everything was wiped clean… no shares and no "estimate" of LTC and nothing in my balance.

what am I missing?

EDIT: nothing huh burnside? scam scam everywhere. can't even mine anymore without shady bullshit going on in this shit.
Burnside's is a PPLNS pool you get paid for your percentage on the last 500,000 shares. if you go away for a while and 500,000 shares are mined by others before the next block is found all of the proceeds go to current active miners. he explains it quite well on the website.

So if I accumulate 96,000+ shares and leave for a sec, those shares are void???

I've read the site through left and right, nowhere does it say that you forfeit your shares if you leave briefly.

If it does say something to that effect, please clarify it for me.
not if you leave briefly. I think that it takes several hours to go through the 500,000 shares. Burnside's is not the pool to mine if you like to jump pools though, because for every minute that you are not on the pool your percentage of the last 500,000 decreases. you get paid based upon your part in the last 500,000 shares if a block isn't found for three days and 4,000,000 shares and you mined the first million shares yourself but then jumped pools at 3,500,000 shares you would get nothing because you had no part in mining the last 500,000 shares mined.
http://ltc.kattare.com/about.php
coinotron.com is a pps or rbpps pool you get paid regardless of if you start and stop or switch pools the fee is 2% or more though.

I'm newb but lets try:
Using cudaminer in win7 x64 with -i 0 -d 1 -l K42x6 -C --no-autotune -o stratum+tcp://ltc.kattare.com:3333 -O workerusername.1:password.
Litecoin.conf:
rpcuser=Username
rpcpassword=Password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_ntime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493
I am still getting rpc error when I try to mine Burnside pool, is anybody able to mine?
Working fine, under 0,5% stales.

I am still getting rpc error when I try to mine Burnside pool, is anybody able to mine?
Working fine, under 0,5% stales.

So if I accumulate 96,000+ shares and leave for a sec, those shares are void???

I've read the site through left and right, nowhere does it say that you forfeit your shares if you leave briefly.

If it does say something to that effect, please clarify it for me.
Quote from: Front page of Kattare.com
* pay per last n shares (500000) round scoring.  (please read: How PPLNS round scoring works.)
Pages:
Jump to: