Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad. - page 78. (Read 246073 times)

Activity: 563
Merit: 501
S> Cheap SocialMedia Hype's
coinedup down for me, anyone els has the same?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Looks like I bought above the most recent LTC/MEOW high #facepalm oops
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I know that Cipherpool has been the most stable pool, but we need to cut down on the numbers mining there.

It currently looks like they control nearly 86% of the network hash rate!

Don't get me wrong; they're a great pool, I used to mine there myself, but if this goes on too long, it could kill the coin because no-one will trust it.

-T

+1 We've updated the wiki for the time being to encourage spreading of the hashrate and are asking people to do this on the forums as well. Thanks!

On that note... I've just made a new pool for this coin!

http://mpools.net/kittehcoin/

Remember to use a unique password for this coin as with all pools you join.

Features:
VARDIFF
1% fee
PROP block reward

Come get some!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
I know that Cipherpool has been the most stable pool, but we need to cut down on the numbers mining there.

Don't get me wrong; they're a great pool, I used to mine there myself, but if this goes on too long, it could kill the coin because no-one will trust it.

-T

+1 We've updated the wiki for the time being to encourage spreading of the hashrate and are asking people to do this on the forums as well. Thanks!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ok register at two pools of the same coin, record the hashrate of each pool and enter the following in cgminer conf:

Code:
{
"url" : "5;pool1url",
"user" : "pool1user",
"pass" : "pool1pass"
},
                {
"url" : "5;pool2url",
"user" : "pool2user",
"pass" : "pool2pass"
},

I had no idea about this.  Brilliant!!!

Cheers mate!
Activity: 60

-T
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Allread a diff of 2.86 and 400 mh/s hashrate !!!

Price is going to sky !

Man I told you this was a long run! Will see kitteh at a 100 satoshis in a month!

This is absolutely possible but people must stop selling at 3-4 satoshi then Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Allread a diff of 2.86 and 400 mh/s hashrate !!!

Price is going to sky !
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
Look at your e-mail box. U will get unlock link
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
So I'm slightly confused... I stopped mining on Luckyminers two days ago because it kept crashing on me (no connection...). I switched over to the Notnull pool today for a little over an hour. I have 500/khz and last week was mining around 8000 coins an hour with 300/khz. On notnull I got 2500 coins in an hour. I switched to Dogecoins (with a much higher diff) and am getting 1000+ coins per hour. With Doge trading at around 1:10 it is better for me to mine Doge and buy Meow. I don't understand why so few coins were mined when my hashrate almost doubled! (diff was .8 before, now is something like 2.1).

So... does notnull pool suck? Was that an anomaly? What is the BEST meow pool that is stable? Any ideas (bad luck?). Seemed totally weird...

CipherPool (http://kit.cipherpool.com) has been pretty rock-solid since launch day.

The only downside is that he requires 500 confirms so it takes awhile to get your coins.  There were not enough specs available on launch day to set the proper number of confirms - so he just set it to an insanely high number just to be on the safe side. 

I don't have a problem with this, I don't mind waiting - will be holding my coins for awhile anyways before selling - but I will try to contact him about this and see if he can lower the number of confirms.

I was using them (cipherpool) but somehow my account became locked and I don't know how to contact them to unlock... the "support" link goes to an unhelpful message about the product being "as is". Anyone know how to contact those cats?
legendary
Yeah there is nothing at all wrong with the network. Its the pools you are using or the configuration you're running for mining related to difficulty. Also remember currently KittehCoin has a random block reward, maybe you/your pool just hit a an unlucky streak of vice versa...
doesn't it even out though as you get less shares per block? I could mine on a pool with 10MH/s and get for instance 100 shares every 100minutes or I could mine on a pool with 100MH/s and only get 10 shares every 10 minutes. I know it works out a bit differently with the random block rewards but I thought that was the general gist of things.

ok register at two pools of the same coin, record the hashrate of each pool and enter the following in cgminer conf:

Code:
{
"url" : "5;pool1url",
"user" : "pool1user",
"pass" : "pool1pass"
},
                {
"url" : "5;pool2url",
"user" : "pool2user",
"pass" : "pool2pass"
},

Notice the 5; before the pool URL's that will distribute ur shares 5 to each pool, run cgminer for some time on this config and keep checking your confirmed/unconfirmed shares on the dashboard, that will tell you where you getting the best bang for your share, as both pools will be getting equal shares. after you find where your shares are being paid best, remove the the ;5 and make your winning pool on top and losing pool on bottom that way the losing pool will only work if the winning pool fails for any reason. I assume you know how to setup a cgminer.conf file if not read about it first.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
So I'm slightly confused... I stopped mining on Luckyminers two days ago because it kept crashing on me (no connection...). I switched over to the Notnull pool today for a little over an hour. I have 500/khz and last week was mining around 8000 coins an hour with 300/khz. On notnull I got 2500 coins in an hour. I switched to Dogecoins (with a much higher diff) and am getting 1000+ coins per hour. With Doge trading at around 1:10 it is better for me to mine Doge and buy Meow. I don't understand why so few coins were mined when my hashrate almost doubled! (diff was .8 before, now is something like 2.1).

So... does notnull pool suck? Was that an anomaly? What is the BEST meow pool that is stable? Any ideas (bad luck?). Seemed totally weird...

CipherPool (http://kit.cipherpool.com) has been pretty rock-solid since launch day.

The only downside is that he requires 500 confirms so it takes awhile to get your coins.  There were not enough specs available on launch day to set the proper number of confirms - so he just set it to an insanely high number just to be on the safe side. 

I don't have a problem with this, I don't mind waiting - will be holding my coins for awhile anyways before selling - but I will try to contact him about this and see if he can lower the number of confirms.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251

Bigger pool means bigger payout, if the first pool was mining at 100 mh/s and your second pool at 50 mh/s  then the second pool will always pay 50% less regardless of your hash rate, Your first pool had more blocks to divide per share

What the hell are you speaking about ? The only thing that depends on the pool size is the frequency of the block found, not the payout.
More often blocks = less variance, and that's pretty much all.

But you can have some pools which have problem communicating with the daemon, via stratum or not, or are lagging.

The best way to know if a pool is behaving correctly is to look at the blocks section, and see the percentage of share / expected share.
If it's > than 110%, then either the daemon has a problem, or the pool is not excellent (or has very bad luck if their's not a lot of blocks).
If it's close to 100%, the pool is ok.
If it's < to 100% (but very close to), the pool is excellent / is very lucky.

Of course this number can be bugged, but this is not something you can guess, so I generally put faith in it.
You can see that it's pretty high for meow.luckyminers.com, probably due to the fact that it's indeed lagging.

What this number means for us miners, is that the lower the number, the more efficient the pool is.

It's better to mine on a pool with 100% and 2% fee than on a pool at 105% and 0% fee.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
doesn't it even out though as you get less shares per block? I could mine on a pool with 10MH/s and get for instance 100 shares every 100minutes or I could mine on a pool with 100MH/s and only get 10 shares every 10 minutes. I know it works out a bit differently with the random block rewards but I thought that was the general gist of things.

I too noticed some pool connectivity issues I think there has been an unexpected influx of miners and pools are adjusting to the load. I am trying to get more people to stand up pools so we aren't so limited in our selection. I'll stand up one myself if there aren't more takers. I'll also talk with the cryptoexport on the team regarding the coins payout you mentioned, my guess is that the increased diff is why you are getting fewer coins, the difficulty more than doubled... are you saying you were getting 8k MEOW/hr @ .8 diff and now you're getting 2.5k MEOW/hr @ 2.1 diff and you think there may be an error there? Just trying to clarify your situation. Also did you say you doubled your hashrate? Your post mentions going from 500kh/s to 300kh/s which would further explain the reduced reward... Let me know, trying to help Smiley

Also please see the status update, it contains big and important news: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419502.new#new

Sorry if I was confusing.
Old setup: one GPU, ~300/kh, luckyminers = output of 8k per hour with diff .8
New setup: two GPU ~500/kh, notnull = output of 2.5k/hr with diff 2.x

New setup mining doge @ dogehouse - 500/kh, dogehouse = output of 1000 DOGE/hr with diff 472(!)

Bigger pool means bigger payout, if the first pool was mining at 100 mh/s and your second pool at 50 mh/s  then the second pool will always pay 50% less regardless of your hash rate, Your first pool had more blocks to divide per share
legendary

New setup mining doge @ dogehouse - 500/kh, dogehouse = output of 1000 DOGE/hr with diff 472(!)

Ok those are exactly what I needed, let me do some investigating and I'll get back to you shortly once I have an answer Wink hopefully tonight, tomrrow night worst case (got a stacked night, that post last night set off more interest than even I expected, don't want to ignore anyone). Will help you out ASAP!

Are you having similar issues at other pools? Like did you try kitteh.247mining.com? Just wondering if the pool makes a noticeable difference (ie: issue on nutnull pool's side) or if it is related to something else. Let me know if you have the chance to switch pools and obtain some comparative results.
Activity: 400
Merit: 268
What a great day! Kitteh at 4-5 satoshis and still without the relaunch. Hope this time noob dumpers don't distroy the coin!
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

I too noticed some pool connectivity issues I think there has been an unexpected influx of miners and pools are adjusting to the load. I am trying to get more people to stand up pools so we aren't so limited in our selection. I'll stand up one myself if there aren't more takers. I'll also talk with the cryptoexport on the team regarding the coins payout you mentioned, my guess is that the increased diff is why you are getting fewer coins, the difficulty more than doubled... are you saying you were getting 8k MEOW/hr @ .8 diff and now you're getting 2.5k MEOW/hr @ 2.1 diff and you think there may be an error there? Just trying to clarify your situation. Also did you say you doubled your hashrate? Your post mentions going from 500kh/s to 300kh/s which would further explain the reduced reward... Let me know, trying to help Smiley

Also please see the status update, it contains big and important news: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419502.new#new

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: