Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔥🔥[ANN][MINTME]🌎MintMe.com Coin⚡️CPU mining⚡️DApps via Websites🚀No ICO/ASIC - page 94. (Read 83974 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 1
Hi guys. This is the pool statistics:
Miners Online: 224
Pool Hash Rate: 284.40 KH
Per user > 1 KH. How is this possible on the CPU? Does anyone know how to mine this coin to the GPU?

people mine with more than one computer and this is how they get over 1 KH

There is no GPU miner available and it won't be released by the team. If someone releases it, it's not going to give much advantage over CPU mining anyway, due to custom Cryptonight algorithm we used.
Since algo is modified Cryptonote can it be mined by GPU? Is there GPU miner?
This one is GPU-mineable. Nevertheless, at the moment if you are not familiar with composing wallet with codes Webchain team shown in the github, you have to wait for windows GUI wallet to get your address, and start mining.
Honestly, I am waiting for it, too.

you can create wallet already, using this guide (although it is not user friendly at the moment, but it is just one command)

https://github.com/webchain-network/webchaind#create-or-manage-accounts

then you can start mining like that https://pool.webchain.network/#/help

GUI wallet is in the works
Activity: 222
Merit: 2
Hi guys. This is the pool statistics:
Miners Online: 224
Pool Hash Rate: 284.40 KH
Per user > 1 KH. How is this possible on the CPU? Does anyone know how to mine this coin to the GPU?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Interesting project.

• With google and opera browser and most add-ons blocking Javascript miners like Coinhive, what is the plan for webchain to bypass this restriction and allow javascript mining in the future?
  • How different are we from Nimiq project, which also focuses on browser based wallet/mining and incentives
  • I appreciate you for making the project ASIC resistant
  • Is there a plan for exchange listings in Q2-2018 to keep the momentum going?
  • Do you have plans to get listed on https://www.cryptunit.com/  for mining profitability

Activity: 308
Merit: 22
is there will be available mobile wallet soon?

waiting for the GUI wallet first!
Activity: 28
is there will be available mobile wallet soon?
Activity: 10
I will be following the course of this project.
Activity: 9
Activity: 13
hello devs,

First of all, congratulations to you guys! You have done an excellent job! Really! I am mining this coin now and will continue doing so.
Btw, when you are expecting to release a GUI wallet?

Thanks!
This is a terrible idea. I can look at the code edits you did to xmrig and then see how they can easily be modified for xmrig amd. So what is going to happen is that those with the technical know how are going to do the modifications, use GPU miners to start mining at a higher hashrate and then those that can't will be left behind.

If this algorithm is not GPU resistant, which it isn't, you need to either make it GPU resistant or release a GPU miner.

what you said is simply not true. https://cryptonote.org/cns/cns008.txt

let me quote

CryptoNight is a memory-hard hash function. It is designed to be
   inefficiently computable on GPU, FPGA and ASIC architectures. The
   CryptoNight algorithm's first step is initializing large scratchpad
   with pseudo-random data. The next step is numerous read/write
   operations at pseudo-random addresses contained in the scratchpad.
   The final step is hashing the entire scratchpad to produce the
   resulting value.

Also less technical but more practical explanation, with comparing power costs/etc.  
https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1386/is-it-better-to-mine-with-a-cpu-or-gpu

also since this thread was written on stackexchange, GPU prices went up a lot (especially those graphics cards that are good for mining), so I wouldn't be suprised if CPU mining, at least short term was actually more profitable than GPU if you include costs of acquiring hardware.

We never claimed that our coin cannot ever in any way be GPU mined, but
1) It won't give GPU miner big advantage, it will be quite small
2) we will not support such miner

if someone creates it, great, but we will keep changing algorithm from time to time and he will have to keep rewriting it.

and all this for not so big profit compared to CPU mining? It still might happen, but effects will be quite minimal, thanks to this algorithm.

Our goal, after releasing GUI wallet and many other things is actually to rewrite this algorithm to minimize GPU minining advantage to almost zero. At this stage, we will gladly release GPU miner ourselves
Activity: 14
CPU have a chance then GPU and later when all mining this with GPU and CPU, ASICS come in and dif and Price will skyrocket... success Smiley
Activity: 88
RYZEN 1500x  = 430H/s (6 thread)

RYZEN 2400G     L3: 4MB (very very bad)

RYZEN 1500x     L3: 16MB (very very good)

Thank you for providing your testing results. Could you please give us more details about RYZEN 2400G and RYZEN 1500x for a completeness?

Regards,
Pavel
Activity: 196
No ICO that part is understandable and appreciable but then question rises with huge premine of 20%. Where these premined tokens will be used or better to ask what is the purpose of starting pow based project with having this much in pocket already ? I didn't dig in deep for more detail yet but this is first thing which comes in mind after reading specifications.

Please, also feel free to join us on the discord channel (https://discord.gg/3UsGgq) so you can dig in deeper, we want to share as many things as possible with the community.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
With Webchain, the use of intelligent contracts is becoming more popular, recognizing the enormous benefits!
Activity: 22
sorry would Like to ask a web wallet, chain drive web3.fromWei(webchain.getBalance('0x0*53'), "ether") brings balance red 0 although the site is nomineee

Hi @Tarantul2018, I think this can help! First, please check your OS to know how to resync your clock (example sudo ntpdate -s time.nist.gov), as far as I know, even 12 seconds of difference can lead to 0 peers. Second, try running webchaind as webchaind --fast console and see how many peers are connected by running "net.peerCount" in console. Let me know if you can solve your issue!
Activity: 11
sorry would Like to ask a web wallet, chain drive web3.fromWei(webchain.getBalance('0x0*53'), "ether") brings balance red 0 although the site is nomineee

The balance you get when using the console must be the same you get from the website. If you are mining, it could be a little different because of the network syncing. In your case, did you get zero from console? maybe we are talking about a network syncing network issue. Please, check it and let me know

I am having same issue. I run the Webchaind and I never get more peer than 0/25. Ive opened the ports on my firewall and everything else. I've kept my keystore but it sure would be nice to see my balance in my wallet.

Check the log file and see if there are warnings about time differences. If your clock is significantly out of sync with the current time, it may prevent you from downloading.

To check log file go to:
On Linux:
~/.webchain/mainnet/log

On Windows:
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Webchain\mainnet\log
Activity: 9
RYZEN 1500x  = 430H/s (6 thread)

RYZEN 2400G     L3: 4MB (very very bad)

RYZEN 1500x     L3: 16MB (very very good)

Activity: 183
Merit: 3
webchain miner is..

RYZEN 2400G = 64H/s (4 thread)

hmm... Huh

Strangely, amd fx 6300, 5 threads, 250+ h/s without overclocking and turbocore.
Activity: 196
No ICO that part is understandable and appreciable but then question rises with huge premine of 20%. Where these premined tokens will be used or better to ask what is the purpose of starting pow based project with having this much in pocket already ? I didn't dig in deep for more detail yet but this is first thing which comes in mind after reading specifications.

Hello! Thanks for your question. Basically, we plan to use WEB for support of the project, marketing, promotion, development, bonuses for devs, etc. Also, we just reached 200 miners on official pool, while biggest miners hashrate decreased, so it looks more spread out evenly now, although this might change any moment of course.
Pages:
Jump to: