Pages:
Author

Topic: ♦♦♦♦♦♦[ANN]♦♦MTR♦♦MasterTraderCoin♦♦10.4m♦♦TOSHIDESK LLC♦♦ETNA Partnership♦♦♦♦♦♦ - page 58. (Read 229761 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
hi jc ...

did you get your account back? ... or is this 'still' the 'hacked' account? ...

because the one that i spoke to prior - couldnt help me with the compile of the original mtr code ...

My account was not hacked lol. I use Ubuntu and not Cent. The compile with the code as is works well on Ubuntu and hence the quick turnaround time on getting an Ubuntu node up. You seemed determined on Cent (which is fine) where the compile bombs out at some point and Cent is not my thing and I dont have an appetite to look into that. Rather ask a master programmer to dig in the code and fix it to work on Cent. I dont know why you wanted to use Cent if you can just use Ubuntu on a VPS. I figured it is because you wanted to expand the landscape of Linux flavors on which the compile works. The compile of the code as is also works fine on Raspberry Pi.

I was one of the biggest supporters of MTR from the beginning because I felt that the goals what the project wanted to achieve is something that is needed on the scene. I still feel the same way about the project goals, but I sort of lost interest when certain people entered the thread and I perceived that to have become the focus point of the project and the project seemed to be derailed. You cannot blame me for that. I still watch the thread, what is posted and what is delivered and if I perceive the project to be back on track Ill get involved again. It all depends on management actions. The goal is good but execution can be improved.

Anyways, Iv uploaded a dynamic binary that I compiled in June that you can try. If you create an Ubuntu 14.10x64 VPS, do an update and upgrade and install dependencies then run the binary and it should work. You can just apt-cache search for the deps that it is looking for and install until it works if it does not work for your installed deps. I have not tested it recently to see if any OS upgrades causes it to fail and you know how compiled Linux binaries go from system to system and they sometimes fail.

Link to binary (rename to MasterTraderd to feel familiar although it is not really necessary).
Link to Virustotal

kool ...

i think there was another account that had a similar name as yours that had his account hacked - and ended up opening another 'newbie' account and let everyone know his account was hacked ... i honestly thought it was you - so my apologies ... im not at the office at the moment - so i cant even research any of this ...

you have been around longer than i have with mtr and all that has been happening - im a latecomer ... even so - im actually quite interested in the way rich does things and the way he approaches it all ... its the same way i do also ... if i believe in something - i go for it ... wholeheartedly and fully ... thats why i like the way things have been moving with mtr - and working with rich is working with a person that has passion in what he does ... again - the same way i work ... no matter how much 'fud' ( i dislike that word ) is thrown around ...

crypto in my opinion needs it ... too many people shafting people - and 'devs' shafting communities with false promises and 'roadmaps' made of pretenses and dreams that never exist ... mtr and granite are nothing like that ... no promises made - just actions taken and steps of achievement produced ... no matter how small and no matter how long it takes ... it just gets done ...

as for the centos servers - two reasons mate ...

firstly - they are the easiest vps and servers systems to access for me ...
secondly - im a redhat guy - nuff sed Wink ...

the main issue with redhat enterprise linux systems ( rhel - like centos and scientific linux and fedora for example ) is that redhat legal red tape stopped the ecc curves being implemented into the rehel distributions for the opensourced openssl - that most distributions like ubuntu ( debian based systems ) implemented as a standard ... which meant they 'crippled' the standard implementation of openssl by omitting the ecc ( eliptical cryptography curve - for those that are interested in googling - specifically the secp256k curve ) that bitcoin and almost all the derivative alt coins require in order to compile and run properly ...

so being a rhel based 'guy' - and knowing that a HUGE amount of vps users are centos centric as well as ubuntu centric - i wanted it run on a system i KNOW ( centos ) rather than a system im not too familiar with ( ubuntu ) ...

hence the work started ... not only for the compile - but for the operating system also ... and let me tell you - its been - and still is - an adventure ...

which is one of the reasons why a static compile was born - eventually Smiley ... so that a compile could be made - without dynamic libraries ( unlike the ones you are supplying in your links specifically for ubuntu ) which would work on MOST rhel based ( and in some instances debian based - like ubuntu ) operating systems ... this required a few fixes in the code - and a some help from others in the industry - to get a statically compiled mastertraderd ( yes i changed the name from MasterTraderd ) wallet / daemon to be used in as nodes ...

i had a very similar issue with granite when compiling the granited daemon ( at the time called GraniteCoind - before the namechange and the logo and other components ) ... this is when i enlisted the help of a couple of veterans alongside some of the changes i made to the code of GraniteCoin - to create the current granited daemon ...

but when mastertrader had the 'issues' with the whole bittrex slowdown of the blockchain to the level of a complete meltdown - thats when i thought ( and discussed with rich ) that something like this can never happen again to a coin that is being as progressive as mtr can be with rich at the helm ...

changes were made to the script for granite - a few segments were redone by the original author of the script ( rg ) and compilation - then adapted to mastertrader - and viola! ... the work is now complete for the daemon - that is a static compile for use with a few systems - not just one specific one ...

i have done this not for anything else but that rich and the team working on mastertrader itself have proven themselves time and time again to be hardworking and honest people - at least in my eyes anyway ... so now the nodes that are up - will stay up for the life of both the coins - mtr and grn ...

ill download your compile and have a test with it in an ubuntu system ( mainly to enhance own experience with ubuntu ) - so i really appreciate the links you have provided ... i cant do anything until monday when im back in the office anyway ...

the more nodes that are up and running - the more stable the network and the less risk of another bittrex issue happening ... so why not setup your node AND stake with it for all your coins ... doing two things at once ... i decided to test it alongside and on the same server ( but different profiles ) that i had granited on ... they worked ... and did not interfere with one another in anyway - as well as not using a huge amount of hdd space either ... so the mtr-seed dns was added to the granite domains so that people could easily add the node addresses ( rather than try and remember ip addresses ) .. this method has the added bonus of being able to redirect the dns to different servers they point to if the need arose - without interrupting the network by any huge amount ...

the next 4 nodes that will be permanently assigned WILL be four of the granite backup nodes - making mtr 7 nodes in all ... not a breakthrough by any measure - but a solid start to the stability of the network ...

rich was happy with all this - and so its come into play ...

the true work really comes from the design and implementation of toshidesk ... now THAT is a project i would like to have been skilled enough to help code Wink ...

anyway - now that i have written a novel - you know the reason ( and the steps that occurred ) as to why i stuck with centos 7 x64 - and didnt just go right ahead with ubuntu ... this also means we now have covered the two sides of the linux os street ... rhel based AND debian based linux ... Smiley ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
hi jc ...

because the one that i spoke to prior - couldnt help me with the compile of the original mtr code ...

My account was not hacked lol. I use Ubuntu and not Cent. The compile with the code as is works well on Ubuntu and hence the quick turnaround time on getting an Ubuntu node up. You seemed determined on Cent (which is fine) where the compile bombs out at some point and Cent is not my thing and I dont have an appetite to look into that. Rather ask a master programmer to dig in the code and fix it to work on Cent. I dont know why you wanted to use Cent if you can just use Ubuntu on a VPS. I figured it is because you wanted to expand the landscape of Linux flavors on which the compile works. The compile of the code as is also works fine on Raspberry Pi.

I was one of the biggest supporters of MTR from the beginning because I felt that the goals what the project wanted to achieve is something that is needed on the scene. I still feel the same way about the project goals, but I sort of lost interest when certain people entered the thread and I perceived that to have become the focus point of the project and the project seemed to be derailed. You cannot blame me for that. I still watch the thread, what is posted and what is delivered and if I perceive the project to be back on track Ill get involved again. It all depends on management actions. The goal is good but execution can be improved.

Anyways, Iv uploaded a dynamic binary that I compiled in June that you can try. If you create an Ubuntu 14.10x64 VPS, do an update and upgrade and install dependencies then run the binary and it should work. You can just apt-cache search for the deps that it is looking for and install until it works if it does not work for your installed deps. I have not tested it recently to see if any OS upgrades causes it to fail and you know how compiled Linux binaries go from system to system and they sometimes fail.

Link to binary (rename to MasterTraderd to feel familiar although it is not really necessary).
Link to Virustotal
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Just a heads up that coinwallet.co seems to be having cert issues and may not be trustworthy at the moment.  I suspect they will resolve it shortly but would avoid entering passwords into the login for the time being. https is down and nothing on their twitter yet.

Most likely nothing too big to worry about but I know many stake MTR there so figured I'd share.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
the whole point of the nodes being active is so no one needs to add multiple steps in between compiling and running ... except for the .conf change ( for now until the official nodes are hardcoded ) - it only takes someone to compile the code - change the .conf - and run ... thats it ... an hour or so later - they have a full running node / wallet - that stakes your funds 24 / 7 if you deposit any mtr into it ...

You have to be... really silly to ask Linux users to use your (static or not, whatever) binary, instead of
- git clone xxx
- cd xxy/src
- make -f makefile.unix
- ./xxy

This is how we do it.

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
all the stuff on nodes...

Nodes are important but not a breakthrough accomplishment. At one point I setup about 10 MTR nodes on Ubuntu over several VPSes and it takes about 5 minutes to setup one node. With identical setups you can use the same compiled binary on all and just create an up to date bootstrap.dat that you replicate over all nodes to import.

Anyways, when the spat started between MT and 8bit I just killed them and switched to another coin as they were just sitting there eating up BTC while the project changed focus to bicker with 8bit.

hi jc ...

so if it was that 'easy' - why didnt you help to do this in the first place? ...

i have been working on other projects ( mostly on the redevelopment of granite ) with a great deal of personal issue i needed to get through before i came back to working on all the list of projects ive left - and to find ive been approached on several other projects ...

a 'breakthrough' was something that was NEVER considered nodes to be ... but if it was so easy for you to do in the first place - what was the problem helping right at the beginning? ...

i could have used it mate ...

the whole point of the nodes being active is so no one needs to add multiple steps in between compiling and running ... except for the .conf change ( for now until the official nodes are hardcoded ) - it only takes someone to compile the code - change the .conf - and run ... thats it ... an hour or so later - they have a full running node / wallet - that stakes your funds 24 / 7 if you deposit any mtr into it ...

its about making it 'simpler' for the average user to stabilize and solidify the network - WITHOUT having their OWN systems running 24 / 7 ... and if they do - then great ...

the code itself was missing a few things - and those holes have now been filled ... small holes admittedly - but they were there - which made for a headache to get the wallet / daemon compiled ... now its a lot more simple to compile ...

simple = goal achieved ...

anyway - it nice to know that you have pulled the nodes offline ( as i do agree that they do cost ) - but this means that this backend 'permanent' addition to the network was needed AND was for the betterment of the network ... these nodes wont come off line for the life of mtr AND granite ... there will be another 4 nodes going online this coming week ... which means that no matter who you are - veteran or new to mtr - there will NOT be a 'bittrex' moment with syncing issues ... not with wallets OR nodes ...

tanx jc ...

#crysx
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
The investment opportunity is very unique and seems like quite an interesting idea, but with the massive volatility that we have been seeing I'm not sure if you would end up in the profit or loss, today there was a 42% loss on Cryptsy, thats literally huge for one day, if the price were more stable I would be inclined to invest, also maybe some less expensive options for people who just want to try it out.  Maybe $10 or $20. 
legendary
Activity: 1162
Slowly but surely, this thing is coming down to it's natural, logical, fair valuation: low hundreds sat.
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
legendary
Activity: 1092

Nodes are important but not a breakthrough accomplishment. At one point I setup about 10 MTR nodes on Ubuntu over several VPSes and it takes about 5 minutes to setup one node. With identical setups you can use the same compiled binary on all and just create an up to date bootstrap.dat that you replicate over all nodes to import.

Anyways, when the spat started between MT and 8bit I just killed them and switched to another coin as they were just sitting there eating up BTC while the project changed focus to bicker with 8bit.

Hey Jc2345,

Nodes are important, and I'm here to make sure MTR has a stable and secure network.

Never said nodes were a breakthrough accomplishment, I was just updating you all on the status of development within that area of things currently taking place.

I do feel the level 2 API that DcGirl is currently working on is going to be a breakthrough accomplishment, as I've yet to see another dev replicate one...let alone do it in a 1-2 week time frame.  

ToshiDesk as a whole...in my opinion is a breakthrough accomplishment in crypto...don't think its fair to sell me short there.

I'm sorry you feel my focus has changed to bickering with the only fudder in the thread, but I assure you that's not the case.

You should know by now I will always be here to stick up for my project as it's one I truly believe in.

If you would be so kind to set those nodes back up, I would be happy to chuck some MTR back in them to get them staking...as it sounds like you may have sold off your stash and let the fud get to you.

The project has never changed focus Jc12345, and I was trying to keep you involved but you seemed to fall off.

Nothing I can do but ask you to come back and join us.

I would like to ask for your input on a new MTR investment opportunity that will allow you to double your MTR in 90 days.

Invest 1000 MTR for 3 months, and on that 91st day you will receive 2000 MTR back to the wallet address you provide me with.

All the investments would be public record - not the name or handle of investor - but wallet address of the invested MTR will be publicly documented, and accountability on my side will be further tested.

As people receive their ROI and doubled MTR as advertised..I'm inclined to believe this would continue to build trust within the MTR/ToshiDesk project and me as the body behind it.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
I will continue suspension of commenting this technological bullshit and reinventing the wheel for one more week. So you have one extra week to get a grip.
legendary

Hello Community:

MTR Linux Nodes Update:

The testing node we set up to test our Linux compile has been staking smoothly and has ran nonstop with no issues.

With the testing node checking out we decided we'd compile 2 more nodes that are now fully synced.

I have received the other 2 node wallet addresses from Chrysx, and I have filled those latest nodes compiled with 700 MTR each.

So in short, we have successfully added 3 more permanent 24-7 nodes to the MTR network, and these nodes can be added to the config file to sync MTR Wallet with the blockchain.

The 3 nodes have now been paired with their own DNS to make them easy to add to any MTR wallet:

mtr-seed1.granitecoin.com
mtr-seed2.granitecoin.com
mtr-seed3.granitecoin.com

So if anyone wanted to add a node - they can do it two ways ...first is through the console ( debug ) in the wallet - second is the conf file ...and the dns addresses are as I mentioned  above.

I find it easiest to add them to the config file.

Through the conf file - it would be just simply:

addnode=mtr-seed1.granitecoin.com
addnode=mtr-seed2.granitecoin.com
addnode=mtr-seed3.granitecoin.com  

Anyone with a new wallet ( or an old one that has deleted their folder and kept the wallet.dat ) can sync without an issue ..no lag, no getting stuck at block XXX,XXX, etc.

Why are the seed dns's paired to GraniteCoin?

Great question, as many of you might know...I like to reach out to many other devs in the space and build partnerships. So Crysx has agreed to help me make this happen and I would appreciate if members of the community showed their gratitude by simply giving your thanks to him.

He has agreed to run these 3 nodes 24-7 improving the network stability. On top of these 3 he will be helping by continuing to introduce more nodes to the MTR network..we can expect 4 more this week!

Feel free to tip him -Crysx here: MGYvdin2joZXYz2zLWUmzGJxy7KvF6UFtS

Check this out...So he has compiled the GraniteCoin daemon on the same MTR VPS that we were running test on originally.

He did this so we can test the stability of the VPS running 2 different deamons -GraniteCoin - MTR - at the same time.

What happened here?

Well great news, this has been tested and because both the wallets use different ports...he can piggy back the wallet nodes on 1 single VPS improving the efficiency of the VPS itself along with being able to add even more nodes to the current VPS's he has for GraniteCoin.

So they are working at the same time on the same node using the same ip ( but setup on different dns records )  ... no confusion - no crosslinking ports ( or anything else for that matter ) - no issues whatsoever.

This is CRYPTO and I love it.

Check our progress for yourself guys and girls:

mtr-seed1.granitecoin.com - 51.254.216.25
mtr-seed2.granitecoin.com - 51.254.216.250
mtr-seed3.granitecoin.com - 51.254.216.251

MTR/ETNA Level 2 Provider API Update:

I have been in talks with DcGirl over the past few days and she is nearly finished with the build and almost ready to pass it off to ETNA.

Where is stands...

Quote from DcGirl earlier today.

hi Rich - this is pretty much finished, the initial call works fine, but I get inconsistent results on subsequent calls (that show what has changed). The issue is that the exchanges don't timestamp orderbooks. So I have to compare what the latest data is with what I return initially. And show not just price/amount changes, but position in the list changes. I'll try to get a link for you later today if possible so you can start looking at it.

Looks like things are coming together with that folks and I will keep you all updated.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

legendary
Couple really big wallets for only 200k coins

There have been 2 quarterly owners distributions in the amount of 180K MTR each.

There are quite a bit more staking in many investors wallets.

There tends to normally be about 30-33 connections to the MTR network on any given day, and you can expect more staking nodes to be popping up within the next few days.

I communicate with other MTR stake holders on a daily basis...many of them have more than 10K MTR.

Have you tried the latest charting module within ToshiDesk?

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1162
What's the going rate for the off-market transactions now, 200,000 sat? lol...
legendary
Hello Community,

More nodes on the way..should have a total of 7 extra nodes up on the networks before weeks end.

Will be here to post addresses as they are compiled and come online.

MTR market is moving quite well today...hope you all get a chance to go play.

#6 in volume on Bittrex today.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
legendary
Hello Community,

So update on the Linux Centros Build:

Build is compiled 100%.

It has been tested and the node is currently staking 100%

We will begin to compile more nodes on other servers based around the world - about 4-5 more - by the end of this week.

The nodes themselves play a MASSIVE part in the stability and continuity of the network... so the more nodes people have around the world - the better.

I will be also setting the DNS for the nodes as well.

So if someone had issues syncing a new wallet for example ... they could add a node address ( xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ) or a dns address ( mtr-seed1.mastertradercoin.com - mtr-seed2.mastertradercoin.com ) and so forth ...

I will have one of my devs hard code multiple permanent nodes within the MTR wallet and this will make syncing a breeze for everyone!

I do have plans to revamp the a-records, so syncing success will 100%

Sync Breakdown:

For instance....If the MTR wallet cant find a node - it wont sync ... after it gets the first node - it doesn't need it after that - as long as you have a local copy of the peers.dat .Then if it cant find any nodes to sync from - it reverts back to the original nodes. So if I have mtr-seed1.mastrtradercoin.com as a permanent node - then it will ALWAYS sync ... and  the more nodes / wallets open and staking - the easier it is to sync.

The things I'm working on here will the VPS/Nodes/Etc is to secure the long term stability of the network.

It's to ensure another episode we had a few weeks back NEVER happens again.

I will be stopping by again shortly to provide another update and to give up the IP's of the new nodes so people can check them out for themselves.

I will also be publishing a guide on how you can use this same compile we spent 2 weeks building on one of your own VPS's....you set one up...I will fill it with MTR, and you can consider it yours.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Pages:
Jump to: