Pages:
Author

Topic: ♦♦♦♦♦♦[ANN]♦♦MTR♦♦MasterTraderCoin♦♦10.4m♦♦TOSHIDESK LLC♦♦ETNA Partnership♦♦♦♦♦♦ - page 57. (Read 229761 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Just to clarify chrysophylax, it's nothing personal. I am really pissed off of absolutely stupid "dev" ideas like doubling number of coins... (what basicly means halving coin value) and concurrent "technology" development reduced to compiling old wallet... what means no development what sets our next stop to hundreds of satoshi... You do your job well, keep doing it, just let's separate low-level issues like compilation from real "bussiness related" development. Unfortunately, after this separation we see nothing, zero at real development side.

you have not attacked ME or my work directly per se - so why would i take it personal? ...

i understand what you are saying - and the development process is at a standstill with regards to the wallet / coin ... BUT - toshidesk and the surrounding apps / developments are what mt777 is focused on ... the investors themselves are more interested in the out come of that than the progression of development of the coin ...

if i am mistaken here in anything ive mentioned - im sure mt777 will correct me ...

sure - it would be nice to restart the development of the coin and make the wallet a little prettier ( its actually too 'pretty' in my opinion - but hey ) and a bit more functional - but that again is not his focus ... the coins have been mined - the coins are staking - now the 'profiteering' and increased investment is the focus ... hence toshidesk ...

as a business - i really cant see what is upsetting you other than the claims of redevelopment of the coin ...

these ideas that are coming to the surface are a result of brainstorming sessions with others - including me - and mt777 is just putting it all out there to see whether these ideas can ( or should ) be implemented for the benefit of the people involved in mtr ... if its not for the benefit of all involved - and those looking at getting involved - then it obviously will be scrapped ... thats how i would work with it ...

after all 8bit - i only do what i focus on - and what i CAN do ... there is a lot i cant ...

im not a core developer - which would improve the core code of the coin a great deal ... instead - if i can do something - i do it ... thats it ... which also means - that no matter what anyone says or does - i focus on that which i do - and do it to the best of my ability ...

if it means it will simplify the process for the everyday user - then my work is done and im a happy man ... Smiley ...

take care mate ...

#crysx
legendary
this does NOT work in rhel based systems and rhela based vps systems and rhel based servers - for the reasons explained above 8bit ..
Bullshit.

the code itself is missing a few steps - such as zerocoin folder and an executable in the leveldb folder ...
Geez, chmod +x leveldb/build...
mkdir obj
?
Geez...
Are you here since yesterday?

for the average user - those steps just simply dont work ... dont believe me? ... setup a free tier server on aws ( amazon web services ) using rhel ( or even ubuntu ) and try ... it just wont work ...
Linux rule #1 - do not run untrusted binaries. You are not trusted binary provider and nooone sober will use your binary. Compilation is easy. If it is not easy for someone, there are hundreds of tutorials of classic coin compilation. MTR has no single new feature other than hundreds other coins. Don't give a ***, please.

some vps systems are 'basic' servers which have basic plans ... this means they are not only hdd space limited ( a simple 20GB space would suffice though ) - but also RAM limited ... most only have 2GB of RAM ... not enough to compile mtr or a number of other coins ... this results in a myriad of errors ( let alone g++ errors ) ... how are the average users supposed to know this? ...
512 MB is enough to compile MTR daemon. Even 128 MB with enough, however it will take ages and will require enabling swap (if possible, Digitalocean allows it) or tweaking ggc-min-expand and ggc-min-heapsize gcc options (you don't know them, do you?).

im actually quite interested to know what 8bit is all about ... will be reading up on the coin this week ...
I have already explained why putting more nodes will not make this network more secure against 51%, I am also pissed off of "dev" (not you) making of those nodes kinda project. This is so extremely unbelieveble... Me and I guess few other people have MTR deamons running of VPSes for many months and you guys show a complicated process of compiling it... RIDICULOUS.

first ...

bullshit? ... really? ...

its obvious you have NOT tried to compile in a redhat based environment ...

until you do - dont put down anyone that actually HAS done the work and KNOWS what these systems are and are not capable of ...

im adding this just for your information as to what happens when you compile ( after fixing all the other things you need to fix ) under centos 7 x64 ... the daemon gets compiled and when you execute it ( ./MasterTraderd ) - the result is ALWAYS this below - due to the missing secp256k cryptographic curve from the redhat openssl implementation ...

-------

EXCEPTION: 9key_error      
CKey::CKey() : EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name failed      
MasterTrader in AppInit()      

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'key_error'
  what():  CKey::CKey() : EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name failed
Aborted
[root@test src]#

-------

second ...

you are missing the most crucial folder - its not JUST obj/ but obj/zerocoin/ ...

otherwise its just wasting your time trying to compile ...

hence the reason why i forked the original code ( https://github.com/chrysophylax69/MTR-Update/ ) which has all the broken 'bits' and i created my 'test' git ( https://github.com/chrysophylax69/mastertrader/ ) and 'fixed' and updated that repo instead ...

and if you mean was i born yesterday? ... no - of course not ... im a veteran in this industry mate ... and have no issue saying what i see also Smiley ...

third ...

i totally agree with you that you should NOT download and install / run untrusted binaries ...

so who is distributing any binaries? ...

as far as untrusted goes - i can assure you that my 'hero member' status here on bct is not a consequence of filling the threads with crap and trash - quite the opposite ... trust is built - and ANYONE that has had dealings with me directly can vouch for the trustworthiness of my dealings AND work ...

but once again - you are barking up the wrong tree again 8bit ... my 'work' has NOT been about how simple or not it is to compile ...

fourth ...

512MB MAY be enough IF you have a swap file active on a vps - which most DONT ...

a static build will only compile in a 4-8GB RAM environment - unless you have a decent swapfile ...

fifth ...

it is NOT about a 51% attack or anything of the like ... nor is it about how compilcated / difficult a node is or isnt able to be compiled ... nor is it about whether it was a project that mastertrader777 ( rich ) wanted to establish about setting up nodes or not ... you have got it ALL wrong 8bit ...

you seem to be running with the batton - but in the wrong direction ...

again 8bit - this is NOT about what can or cant be done - whether its tweaking heap size or not - and it certainly WASNT what i was working on ...

you are making it sound like its a straight compile that ANYONE can do ... that is most certainly NOT true ... this is NOT a straight compile from the MTR-Update as this git repo is BROKEN ... yes - i could have forked and fixed and made a pull request - but i didnt as i wanted to get the compile running under a SPECIFIC operating system AND under specific parameters ... but again - what you are arguing about is NOT what i was working on ...

even if the master code DID compile - it just will not work in centos - full stop! ...

the secp256k issue is WELL DOCUMENTED in bitcointalk - litecointalk - and REDHAT threads ... have a look ...

this is why redhat have only JUST implemented this ecc curve into the fedora 22 release - and ONLY from that release into fedora 23 ... none of the servers ( centos - scientific linux - or any other rhel distro ) have it currently implemented ... these distros can compile - but will NOT run any coin that relies on this specific ecc curve ... its that simple ... try compiling and running bitcoin on it with out the secp256k ecc implementation on a centos server ... you CANT ... unless there are very specific things you do and install as a prerequisite ...

hence what i WAS working on ... and the main reason WHY i created a static binary as opposed to a dynamic one ...

the binary is in use NOW - and when the granite instructions are complete - i will start work on the mastertrader instructions on how to compile a static binary ( conversion of a few things from the granite documentation ) - for those that WANT the instructions ... this is obviously not for everyone ...

this work that ive been doing is to SIMPLIFY the procedure for the EVERYDAY person - not the ones who already know how to - like you 8bit ...

how many EVERYDAY user knows how to setup a vps - with a swapfile - with the changes to the code - at the same time as solving the ecc issues for redhat vps systems - AND have it compiled - THEN run and create a conf file that WILL stake 24 /7 on the vps? ...

not many i will wager you ...

i find it increasingly presumptuous of you to think that the average user is that technically savvy that they can resolve compilation issues ... actually - that is really starting to amaze me ... i think you have the skillset to become someone of value in this community ( and other communities ) - as you prove to be of someone with a great deal of knowledge regarding code and coin infrastructure ... more than i do i would bet - but your vendetta against mt777 is blurring your vision of what is being done here ...

this is something that has now been done to allow those who WANT to have centos 7 x64 running - or already have centos 7 x64 running - AND want to compile a daemon for mtr that actually works on a multiplatform level ... ie - once they compile it ( static ) they can use it on other systems of theirs even if the systems are not exactly the same ... yes - their OWN systems so they dont have a trust issue with getting binaries from untrusted sources ...

anyway - i am back in the office and i am actually quite pleased that you take such a keen interest in the workings of mastertradercoin ...

i work on a few different coins - but obviously focus on my own coin - granite ...

#crysx
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
The investment opportunity is very unique and seems like quite an interesting idea, but with the massive volatility that we have been seeing I'm not sure if you would end up in the profit or loss, today there was a 42% loss on Cryptsy, thats literally huge for one day, if the price were more stable I would be inclined to invest, also maybe some less expensive options for people who just want to try it out.  Maybe $10 or $20. 

I would certainly be fine with offering a smaller starter plan for people.

$20 plan is something I can do for you.

Double your MTR in 90 days.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777

Wait,  so people buy MTR to give you,  which temporarily raises the value,  but then in 90 days you give them double and they crash the market selling it?

This really doesn't sound like a good idea overall,  but at least it'll give a nice bubble to sell into for the smarter investors who realize price will likely drop once you pay out in 90 days.

Could you keep a countdown going here till payout? 

Usually I am pretty happy with your management,  this just sounds like a really weak idea for long term investors.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
how can i create a node on the windows 7 vps.

A (full) node is in essence just a synced wallet on the network with a full local block chain. Having it on a VPS just puts in onto a thicker pipe on the Net that is more reliable and can handle more traffic. if you have a Windows 7 VPS, then set it up just like your local Window 7 PC and let it sync the chain.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

Just to clarify chrysophylax, it's nothing personal. I am really pissed off of absolutely stupid "dev" ideas like doubling number of coins... (what basicly means halving coin value) and concurrent "technology" development reduced to compiling old wallet... what means no development what sets our next stop to hundreds of satoshi... You do your job well, keep doing it, just let's separate low-level issues like compilation from real "bussiness related" development. Unfortunately, after this separation we see nothing, zero at real development side.

legendary
Activity: 1092
all the stuff on nodes...

Nodes are important but not a breakthrough accomplishment. At one point I setup about 10 MTR nodes on Ubuntu over several VPSes and it takes about 5 minutes to setup one node. With identical setups you can use the same compiled binary on all and just create an up to date bootstrap.dat that you replicate over all nodes to import.

Anyways, when the spat started between MT and 8bit I just killed them and switched to another coin as they were just sitting there eating up BTC while the project changed focus to bicker with 8bit.

simple = goal achieved ...

#crysx

Bravo sir!!!

You are the man!

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
legendary
I can't believe how much time you are spending on writing your opinion in this thread. Try to let it go and continue your life...

Written text is a fact, nothing to believe in here. All my life is this thread. Looking forward to hear from you.

Can you code a level 2 API ?

I don't think you would even know where to start.

I see you are a bit ticked off that I'm actually standing by my project long term...and it looks like you try to fud any and every sniff of progress.

Nodes are what I want, and what we need...and I'm making it happen.

You should get used to this sir.

Your life is this thread?

Now I understand Roll Eyes

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
legendary
The investment opportunity is very unique and seems like quite an interesting idea, but with the massive volatility that we have been seeing I'm not sure if you would end up in the profit or loss, today there was a 42% loss on Cryptsy, thats literally huge for one day, if the price were more stable I would be inclined to invest, also maybe some less expensive options for people who just want to try it out.  Maybe $10 or $20. 

I would certainly be fine with offering a smaller starter plan for people.

$20 plan is something I can do for you.

Double your MTR in 90 days.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
legendary

I can't believe how much time you are spending on writing your opinion in this thread. Try to let it go and continue your life...

I laugh more and more everyday.

Just let him fud, its really a non issue.

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
legendary
well i have two vps one with 1024 ram and other with 512 and it is not possible to compile it  Embarrassed

You need 2GB memory to compile. Create an identical temp VPS with 2GB memory and compile. SSH the file off the 2GB VPS to your local PC or even directly to your other VPSes. Then kill the 2GB VPS and run the binary on your other VPSes. Your 1024GB VPS should run 5 nodes comfortably and your 512MB one about 3. If you have Ubuntu 14.10x64 then use the binary I posted and just add the dependencies.

Bhokor,

Get it running, and I will fill it with some MTR!

Cheers,

MasterTrader777
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

Written text is a fact, nothing to believe in here. All my life is this thread. Looking forward to hear from you.
legendary
Activity: 1232

legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
legendary
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
this does NOT work in rhel based systems and rhela based vps systems and rhel based servers - for the reasons explained above 8bit ..
Bullshit.

the code itself is missing a few steps - such as zerocoin folder and an executable in the leveldb folder ...
Geez, chmod +x leveldb/build...
mkdir obj
?
Geez...
Are you here since yesterday?

for the average user - those steps just simply dont work ... dont believe me? ... setup a free tier server on aws ( amazon web services ) using rhel ( or even ubuntu ) and try ... it just wont work ...
Linux rule #1 - do not run untrusted binaries. You are not trusted binary provider and nooone sober will use your binary. Compilation is easy. If it is not easy for someone, there are hundreds of tutorials of classic coin compilation. MTR has no single new feature other than hundreds other coins. Don't give a ***, please.

some vps systems are 'basic' servers which have basic plans ... this means they are not only hdd space limited ( a simple 20GB space would suffice though ) - but also RAM limited ... most only have 2GB of RAM ... not enough to compile mtr or a number of other coins ... this results in a myriad of errors ( let alone g++ errors ) ... how are the average users supposed to know this? ...
512 MB is enough to compile MTR daemon. Even 128 MB with enough, however it will take ages and will require enabling swap (if possible, Digitalocean allows it) or tweaking ggc-min-expand and ggc-min-heapsize gcc options (you don't know them, do you?).

im actually quite interested to know what 8bit is all about ... will be reading up on the coin this week ...
I have already explained why putting more nodes will not make this network more secure against 51%, I am also pissed off of "dev" (not you) making of those nodes kinda project. This is so extremely unbelieveble... Me and I guess few other people have MTR deamons running of VPSes for many months and you guys show a complicated process of compiling it... RIDICULOUS.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
well i have two vps one with 1024 ram and other with 512 and it is not possible to compile it  Embarrassed

You need 2GB memory to compile. Create an identical temp VPS with 2GB memory and compile. SSH the file off the 2GB VPS to your local PC or even directly to your other VPSes. Then kill the 2GB VPS and run the binary on your other VPSes. Your 1024GB VPS should run 5 nodes comfortably and your 512MB one about 3. If you have Ubuntu 14.10x64 then use the binary I posted and just add the dependencies.
legendary
Activity: 966
well i have two vps one with 1024 ram and other with 512 and it is not possible to compile it  Embarrassed

legendary
the whole point of the nodes being active is so no one needs to add multiple steps in between compiling and running ... except for the .conf change ( for now until the official nodes are hardcoded ) - it only takes someone to compile the code - change the .conf - and run ... thats it ... an hour or so later - they have a full running node / wallet - that stakes your funds 24 / 7 if you deposit any mtr into it ...

You have to be... really silly to ask Linux users to use your (static or not, whatever) binary, instead of
- git clone xxx
- cd xxy/src
- make -f makefile.unix
- ./xxy

This is how we do it.

place that ontop of the issues with the OS itself in a rhel based system - and the average user would have no idea where to begin compiling ... especially when they are 'stuck' with error after error after error ...

people like you who know what they are doing - granted - it is a lot easier to build ... but even YOU would have issues on a centos 7 x64 system ...

and that was the goal for me - not ubuntu ...

anyway - its done and its successful ... and now a permanent fixture ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: