Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 125. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 254
Hope this is marketed well, nobody seems to know about it.  Obviously hated electroneum's marketing but they did get a ton of people convinced that they were going to be able to mine on their phones and it wouldn't be controlled by giant mining pools etc.  Which is kinda the initial niche Nimiq was going for.

We like to be a bit under the radar while we are fully prepared to launch the Mainnet. Our niche is not web mining, is a simple and scalable decentralized payment protocol native to the web, browser mining is just a feature  Wink

Really good updates and engagement with the community. Very happy to see the project is going live soon (although the community expected it this month!). I am very curious to see all the features of this platform!
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
After the release of mainnet, can we do browser mining on VPS.
basically 1vcpu with 1gb ram ?
I think this works just fine, but I also think that running the browser with optimal access to CPU and memory will be faster. a VPS is usually hosted on a server. The server itself usually runs multiple Virtual Machines in order for the cloud provider to cover hardware costs. This results in a share of CPU and memory in virtual machines even if you (as the customer) don't see that. So performance could be slower than having your own server for example. If you manage to obtain a private VPS you could rent the hardware just for yourself but this is usually 10 times more expensive compared to a simple VPS in the cloud
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
Hope this is marketed well, nobody seems to know about it.  Obviously hated electroneum's marketing but they did get a ton of people convinced that they were going to be able to mine on their phones and it wouldn't be controlled by giant mining pools etc.  Which is kinda the initial niche Nimiq was going for.

We like to be a bit under the radar while we are fully prepared to launch the Mainnet. Our niche is not web mining, is a simple and scalable decentralized payment protocol native to the web, browser mining is just a feature  Wink
Will the lighting network be implemented when nimiq launched on December?
or in Q1 of 2018

The mainnet is scheduled for Q1 2018, this includes lightning network.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Will the lighting network be implemented when nimiq launched on December?
or in Q1 of 2018
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Good question, i hope it will be profitable as well to mine via VPS browser.
Also, only a few weeks before December ends, will it be launched this December?

The Mainnet is expected to be launched in Q1 2018. I believe that they made an announcement to that effect. It could be launched in January 2018.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Great project, not just a useless fork of another coin. looking forward to the mainnet.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125

Good question, i hope it will be profitable as well to mine via VPS browser.
Also, only a few weeks before December ends, will it be launched this December?
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Activity: 4

An interesting project.
 I just tested it and everything is working properly.  Smiley
Activity: 99
New update on their YT channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE17LVmHehY

I think the NIMIQ dev team is a fraternity, and nobody where's shoes...
Activity: 107
The Testnet does not work on my PC.
It loads forever.
When will the mainnet start so we can mine?
I've been watching NET for a long time! It's one of my bets for 2018, I'm taking part in the luma test, so far I've gotten 15 NET, unfortunately they're not worth anything... Are there any chances of each NET costing $80? Certainly people will use it for the convenience and ease of mining.
My thoughts exactly, I think this will be a good coin, easier that all others to use
Activity: 1020
Merit: 391
I've been watching NET for a long time! It's one of my bets for 2018, I'm taking part in the luma test, so far I've gotten 15 NET, unfortunately they're not worth anything... Are there any chances of each NET costing $80? Certainly people will use it for the convenience and ease of mining.
Activity: 32
I'm not very good in algorithms, but I thought that memory-bounded PoW algo means that its using RAM. But Luna testnet uses CPU. Am i wrong?

Remember the CPU also has a memory Smiley. Not as much memory as RAM but it is way faster, and memory latency is what the algorithm takes in consideration.

What is the difference between regular CPU mining and CPU-memory? CPU needs more power?
Will there be a bonus if we mine 1000 nimiqs on this new testnet again? Cheesy
Activity: 350
The Nimiq block chain data is compact in 1MB. Synchronizing with any device in a few seconds, this is the technical feature that it can be widely applied and popularized, and the price of market will continue to rise with market application. I am looking forward to it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 137
Nope.
I'm not very good in algorithms, but I thought that memory-bounded PoW algo means that its using RAM. But Luna testnet uses CPU. Am i wrong?

Remember the CPU also has a memory Smiley. Not as much memory as RAM but it is way faster, and memory latency is what the algorithm takes in consideration.
Jump to: