Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 144. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Hallo i have been mining NET on my desktop and i have found 2 blocks already,where my coins are visible and are my newly mined coins movable to let say exchange?!Thanks! 
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
hello guys,

ive been in NIMIQ since ICO.
I have the token on MEW, but it doesnt show on etherscan.io when i click view tokens. I saw that there are some people that have the nimiq tokens there.

How can i make sure token is viisble? thanks
Activity: 210
can I ask why the name Nimiq? Im liking the project but the name kind of tilts me

Nimiq is an Inuit word used for an object or a force that binds things together.

But please give us your opinion. We pay a lot of attention to suggestions from our community  Smiley

Ah ok. That's pretty cool actually, but I doubt many would know that. Phonetically, I don't think it sounds fitting, but the meaning is cool.
I'm not the right person to give suggestions but here it is...I'd go with something that sounds more corporate, something that sounds like it belongs in this financial space or with a better flow that has a good zing to it.
I would say Ether, because it kind of has same mystical meaning, but etherium is already out there. Maybe Web (it correlates with Net), Chain, Link, InterLink, InterWeb, InterChain... hope those aren't too corny.

But I could honeslty be dead wrong and have a flawed and very subjective opinion on Nimiq's name. Maybe you can take a poll for the next few weeks or so?
Activity: 504
Merit: 137
Nope.
Nimiq team is strong at tech but weak at market and hype, is this observation accurate?
I think it's planned that way. First make something that actually works and then do marketing, people will most likely pickup on it with a working product

As the team mentioned before. They really want to have a working product first.
Anyway, is there any information about how the marketing will be approached when the mainnet has been launched?
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
Nimiq team is strong at tech but weak at market and hype, is this observation accurate?
I think it's planned that way. First make something that actually works and then do marketing, people will most likely pickup on it with a working product
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
Activity: 154
can I ask why the name Nimiq? Im liking the project but the name kind of tilts me

Nimiq is an Inuit word used for an object or a force that binds things together.

But please give us your opinion. We pay a lot of attention to suggestions from our community  Smiley
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Nimiq team. Do you know what will go along greatly with this project?

Browser based games  Grin

I hope you are seeking partherships with games to get in game rewards in Nimiq!!!

That would be something!

Brilliant idea. As a player and developer, this would be an interesting proposition.
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
Nimiq team. Do you know what will go along greatly with this project?

Browser based games  Grin

I hope you are seeking partherships with games to get in game rewards in Nimiq!!!

That would be something!
Activity: 210
VLOG Update: Nimiq UX/UI Vision & Progress

Making some great progress with the UI/UX vision. Elion fills in the Nimiq community on the latest progress update. Also our top picks regarding potential design firms.

Learn more about our roadmap here

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
So I believe the mining process will change more to memory in stead of CPU power when mining on mainnet? Will more CPU or more memory make any difference or is is just the speed? I was wondering if mining on an old pc will be slower or faster then a new pc?  Lets say 2GB DDR2 memory vs 2GB DDR4 memory?

thus far, it's always speed that matters, not amount unless they come up with some huge memory clogging algorithm, which i don't think will be the case. so yes, ddr4 will be much better than ddr2
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
So I believe the mining process will change more to memory in stead of CPU power when mining on mainnet? Will more CPU or more memory make any difference or is is just the speed? I was wondering if mining on an old pc will be slower or faster then a new pc?  Lets say 2GB DDR2 memory vs 2GB DDR4 memory?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
So reading the docs I'm confused about the difference between nodejs and the client.
Is nodejs a backbone client? And what does that mean?
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Nimiq definitely will eventually be very disruptive if the team manage to achieve what they are set out to do!

@rngkll - Did you guys contacted Shapeshift and Changelly too?

Not yet. But we will when we are approaching Mainnet Launch.

Really excited about mainnet launch.. as an investors, i will be holding  this coin till 2018 Jan..
hoping for some nice profit

Will hold some tokens for mainnet starts too. I want to try real browser mining. Hope that devs will work faster and we will see main net in this year. Its better to all, team and investors.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
Any new updates on the talks with Visa or Mastercard? Or will there be plans to integrate with Crypto Debit card providers like Centra?
When will the tokens be tradable? Or are they already?

NET are already tradable, NET are interim tokens that you will be able to convert to NIM when Nimiq Blockchain is ready. Nimiq's Blockchain is still under development but you can try the Testnet and trade testNIMs (which are worthless since are for testing purposes only).
Do I understand correctly that, once the mainnet goes live, I'll be able to exchange 10 NET for 1 Nimiq? And since one Net is currently around $1.4, does this mean the price of one Nimiq would be around $14 right now?

Yes, 10 NET = 1 NIM. The price should behave as you suggest but of course that's the market decision.
Activity: 279
Merit: 102
When will the tokens be tradable? Or are they already?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Do I understand correctly that, once the mainnet goes live, I'll be able to exchange 10 NET for 1 Nimiq? And since one Net is currently around $1.4, does this mean the price of one Nimiq would be around $14 right now?
Jump to: