Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 146. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 252
Can i save my NET from mining at betatestnet? If mainnet live...
No these are just for testing. I believe they will reset when mainnet is launched as far as I know
Activity: 588
Merit: 103
Can i save my NET from mining at betatestnet? If mainnet live...
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
So, it is a miner in a browser?   not the browser in the blockchain like FAI?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Looking good project and unique but how can I Increase the hash rate by internet speed or CPU processor !! And if I run multiple browser in one PC it would be same hashrate or !!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
So should I just stop mining these coins since I won't be able to do anything with them when the mainnet launches?

If you want to. Is meant for testing  Smiley
Activity: 706
Merit: 111
So should I just stop mining these coins since I won't be able to do anything with them when the mainnet launches?
Very interesting indeed. Watching this

What will be this project's biggest challenge? Security, efficiency, or...?

Our biggest challenge is to hide the complexity of Cryptocurrencies achieving simple and easy to use applications for every day transactions that anyone can use regardless of their technical knowledge. This of course includes security, UI/UX design, instant transactions, security, etc.

Dash already has all that...how will you guys compete with Dash, I just feel like they are way ahead of the game compared to all other coins. If in fact NET accomplishes these features, what will set it apart from Dash?

Nimiq's design is entirely focused in mass adoption, every feature of our Blockchain and Ecosystem seeks to hide the complexity of Cryptocurrencies to the everyday user. Nimiq aims to do with the whole Cryptocurrency space what GoogleDocs is doing to Microsoft Office and other Office Suites. Nimiq is disruptive, we think out of the box so it is difficult to compare us with any existing project

Our approach is quite different from Dash, we aim for simplicity and mass adoption by using the following features:

- Nimiq is written in Javscript which enables it to be fully Browser based. You can run a full node in your Browser.
- You don't need to install any software or application to start using Nimiq. Just visit a Webpage
- All transactions in the Nimiq Network are truly instant and low-fee. Not just using Masternodes (which arguably brings centralization to a decentralized network). We use an approach based in Lightning Network to achieve this features.
- Nimiq's Blockchain is the smallest more compact (which makes it more secure) Blockchain, this enables browsers to download sync information and achieve true consensus in seconds.
- Nimiq Blockchain is the easiest Cryptocurrency to develop with. Proof of that  are the community applications already built using Nimiq. Like: Nimiq Chrome Extension, Nimiq Faucet, Nimiq Blockchain Explorer, among others. Its as easy as this.

Activity: 210

Our biggest challenge is to hide the complexity of Cryptocurrencies achieving simple and easy to use applications for every day transactions that anyone can use regardless of their technical knowledge. This of course includes security, UI/UX design, instant transactions, security, etc.

Dash already has all that...how will you guys compete with Dash, I just feel like they are way ahead of the game compared to all other coins. If in fact NET accomplishes these features, what will set it apart from Dash?

Activity: 145

Just started testnet mining this is huge..
Can i run on different browser in single PC?

Yes you can. Each browser will have a different wallet though. You can use the same wallets in several devices by exporting your private key and then importing it in other devices. Check our FAQ for more information.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Just started testnet mining this is huge..
Can i run on different browser in single PC?
I look forward to mine that coin! I'll be mining some NET, but they are not worth anything! But expectation for this project is the best! When will the true mining begin? Or will the testing phases end?

We are aiming for December.
Activity: 504
Merit: 137
Nope.
VLOG Update: Robin's Mind Mapped - Nimiq Design

In our latest VLOG Robin, Creator and Architect of the Nimiq Blockchain, walks us through the current Nimiq design & Eco-system approach.

To learn more about Nimiq's technical details check our Blog Post: Nimiq: A Frictionless Payment Protocol Native to the Web

I really like how the team is trying to cover everything by video. God job Smiley
VLOG Update: Robin's Mind Mapped - Nimiq Design

In our latest VLOG Robin, Creator and Architect of the Nimiq Blockchain, walks us through the current Nimiq design & Eco-system approach.

To learn more about Nimiq's technical details check our Blog Post: Nimiq: A Frictionless Payment Protocol Native to the Web

Just to be clear, you can buy NET tokens right now and convert them later to the official Nimiq coin. I bought a few last week, I believe in this one. Like to have many more

That's exactly right, thank you for your support  Smiley
So when exactly will we be able to convert it and why you created the 2 coins>

You will be able to convert it before the Mainnet release (which we plan to launch in December). We will announce when we release the tool to do so. Right now our focus is in adding new features to the Nimiq Blockchain.

We created NET as an ERC20 token to raise funds to help us deliver the killer product we envision while selling the Total Circulating Supply of NIM of Nimiq Blockchain's Launch. After Launch Total Circulating Supply will increase due to mining rewards (similar to Bitcoin)
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Just to be clear, you can buy NET tokens right now and convert them later to the official Nimiq coin. I bought a few last week, I believe in this one. Like to have many more

That's exactly right, thank you for your support  Smiley
So when exactly will we be able to convert it and why you created the 2 coins>
Activity: 854
Merit: 500

this is an unique and excellent concept.. will be worth more in 2018,
I am a long holder

That's exactly right, thank you for your support  Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
Jump to: