Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 145. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I can see that this very promising project. Really nice to see new innovate PoW project. ICO was really balanced and successful  according to the stats!

Thanks for the support!. You can read about our closing Token Sale analysis here  Smiley
Activity: 180
I can see that this very promising project. Really nice to see new innovate PoW project. ICO was really balanced and successful  according to the stats!
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Is the Team still positive they will deliver on time? December-January...
they sure have a long way to go.
Nimiq definitely will eventually be very disruptive if the team manage to achieve what they are set out to do!

@rngkll - Did you guys contacted Shapeshift and Changelly too?

Not yet. But we will when we are approaching Mainnet Launch.
Activity: 322
Nimiq definitely will eventually be very disruptive if the team manage to achieve what they are set out to do!

@rngkll - Did you guys contacted Shapeshift and Changelly too?
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
So should I just stop mining these coins since I won't be able to do anything with them when the mainnet launches?

You can mine for fun and help the developers, if there is any bugs in it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Can i save my NET from mining at betatestnet? If mainnet live...

Its just for testing, they are not real but have heard on telegram that you can buy Tshirt with 1000 NET
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Sometimes I really don't understand that Nimiq is so under the radar compared to all these other coins that are exploding that all do exactly the same, most people in crypto that I know have never heard of Nimiq. And when I show them they get exited at once. They get it and use it without problem. Are you planning more marketing?

Yes we are. We are just focusing in the development of the Blockchain right now.

Thats the right approach toward this. Many others market first without a product. Smiley
Sometimes I really don't understand that Nimiq is so under the radar compared to all these other coins that are exploding that all do exactly the same, most people in crypto that I know have never heard of Nimiq. And when I show them they get exited at once. They get it and use it without problem. Are you planning more marketing?

Yes we are. We are just focusing in the development of the Blockchain right now.
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
VLOG Update: Juggling Crypto Tasks - Vlog 28

The Nimiq project is underway and attracting all kinds of different people & organizations. Amy, in charge of communications, is back at Nimiq HQ and a Costa Rica national newspaper wants to see what we are up to.

You can learn more about Nimiq's roadmap in our Blog Post: Intended Use of Funds Part 3: Roadmap

Thanks, it's looking great so far!   I noticed the date was probably not right for the planned mobile wallet in the blog post? 3. Wallet App: Beta July 2017

Is not wrong. You can try our wallet here  Smiley.
Activity: 615
Merit: 502

The Nimiq project is underway and attracting all kinds of different people & organizations. Amy, in charge of communications, is back at Nimiq HQ and a Costa Rica national newspaper wants to see what we are up to.

You can learn more about Nimiq's roadmap in our Blog Post: Intended Use of Funds Part 3: Roadmap

Thanks, it's looking great so far!   I noticed the date was probably not right for the planned mobile wallet in the blog post? 3. Wallet App: Beta July 2017
Activity: 504
Merit: 137
Nope.

Finally, Amy is back.  Grin Kiss

So are there any more exchanges willing to trade Nimiq? Right now there are only a few smaller exchanges. It would help spread word about this one if more exchanges would list NET as it is today

Right now the only exchanges that list NET are Liqui.io, Etherdelta and HitBTC. We have contacted other exchanges and they are analyzing the user base size. The best you can do to help NET get listed is to create a support ticket in you exchange of choice asking NET to be listed.
So are there any more exchanges willing to trade Nimiq? Right now there are only a few smaller exchanges. It would help spread word about this one if more exchanges would list NET as it is today
So, it is a miner in a browser?   not the browser in the blockchain like FAI?
I would describe it as a new cryptocurrency, designed to be easy to use and does not need any tools or software to run. It looks and works the same on all operating systems.  All you need is a browser and today every computer or phone or tablet has one built in already. Just go to the website and you're in. Mining starts automatically, maybe it would be an idea to let users choose if they want to turn on mining but it's still work in progress. I can't wait for mainnet release
Very interesting indeed. Watching this

What will be this project's biggest challenge? Security, efficiency, or...?

Both security and efficiency.

There is a reason nodes are optimized in C++ and use a lot of resources...
Browsers and js were never meant for general purpose computing and are klunky memory hogs...
All the projects that tried torrenting through browsers had to drop it and move to IFPS.

If you guys just say "browsers are awesome" blah, blah, blah... why spend 2 hours learning more?  

We don't expect for Browser miners to be the soul of the project. The key aspect of Nimiq is that you can actually run a full node in you browser without any installation (you can't do that we any other Blockchain). There are already other implementations of miners by community members using our API, which we encourage.

Now, I disagree that today's browsers are not meant for general computing. Most of the applications you use everyday are Browser based and I think that trend is only going to continue.

You can find more information about miners build by community members here.

So, it is a miner in a browser?   not the browser in the blockchain like FAI?

It is a Browser based Blockchain and an entire Browser based Ecosystem of applications. Browser mining is just an small part of it.

It is a Blockchain designed to run natively in a Browser

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Very interesting indeed. Watching this

What will be this project's biggest challenge? Security, efficiency, or...?

Both security and efficiency.

There is a reason nodes are optimized in C++ and use a lot of resources...
Browsers and js were never meant for general purpose computing and are klunky memory hogs...
All the projects that tried torrenting through browsers had to drop it and move to IFPS.

If you guys just say "browsers are awesome" blah, blah, blah... why spend 2 hours learning more? 
Jump to: