Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 149. (Read 131236 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 252
Can I use my smartphone to mine NIM?
Yes that should work as far as I know
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Can I use my smartphone to mine NIM?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
so NET will become NIM during full launch of product
is there any special benefit to investors holding NET coin?
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
I still believe that Nimiq will do very well, this is the most easy to use coin I have seen in years and that will make all the difference in adoption I hope.. Also because it is web-based it will be easy to integrate as payment service by other websites. What do you think?
Activity: 118
Hi everyone, please a question: which exchanges are actually trading NET token? In the O.P I didn't see it. Thank you in advance

You can see them on liqui.io
Yes nimiq is available on Liqui and it is the best time to buy as price is still less than ico.

the ico price was around 60k-70k btc sat and now it´s 20k btc sat , very disappointing   , maybe it will change if the devs get nimiq on bittrex.

I'll grab some when the real coin is online. It's quite possible you'll get the real coin cheaper in the beginning.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Hi everyone, please a question: which exchanges are actually trading NET token? In the O.P I didn't see it. Thank you in advance

Yes nimiq is available on Liqui and it is the best time to buy as price is still less than ico.

the ico price was around 60k-70k btc sat and now it´s 20k btc sat , very disappointing   , maybe it will change if the devs get nimiq on bittrex.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Activity: 112
WHAY MY WALLET EXTENSTION CHROME ALWAYS CONNECTING

http://hpics.li/24b6bfa
Activity: 235
Merit: 102
This is an interest concept of mining with browser, good luck to the team!  Wink
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
I just found this, and it looks really interesting!  In my mind, the biggest barrier to crypto is adoption, and the barrier to adoption is how complex some of these wallets are... and don't even go into mining.  If they can figure this out and make it 'centralized' proof then this could really be big.

As for those complaining about the token being lower than ICO.  I don't know this to be fact, but I'd guess that 80% of the ICO's trade below ICO price.  Your betting on the far future not the next 4-weeks.  The same happens in the stock market.  Heck... even Facebook went below their IPO price for over a year before early investors were even breaking even.

Good post. I missed the ICO and was more than happy to grab some cheap NET. If the price somehow manage to get even lower in the future I just might add some more. I'm loving this project, it's my number 1 bet for the longterm. Keep doing the good work devs! Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I have invested in ICo and will be holding this coin till full product launch....
this is an interest concept of mining with browser

Really Nimiq offers the easiest and most accessible way of browser mining, which will undoubtedly become popular among the broad masses of users. Its easy way to success.
Activity: 118
The browser is only hashing with one thread. Is this a browser limitiation or due to beta status?

Hm in my opinion your project is really interesting, maybe even more than overhyped status. Looks great and ease of access is the most important aspect for mainstream. But it will be a ton load of work for the whole team...

"Content Providers can monetize the time users spend in their site by mining Nimiq with their device’s unused processing power while they browse through the content"
-> If you have GPUs mining the browser won't be competitive at all and you lose a key difference to other coins. Right now on testnet it takes me around 2.6 days to find a block and I would guess there are no GPUs mining yet...
And you are wasting the energy of the content viewer. This doesn't feel like a plus at all.
Activity: 854
I have invested in ICo and will be holding this coin till full product launch....
this is an interest concept of mining with browser
Activity: 392
Could anyone please explain how I can transfer my tokens to an exchange? I see my tokens in myetherwallet but I dont think they are transferable.

If you're using MEW, you should just go to the send, put in the amount you want to send, and use the drop down to select your token.  Then use the address of the exchange wallet.  I can't imagine it'd be any different than any other ERC20 token.
Activity: 392
I just found this, and it looks really interesting!  In my mind, the biggest barrier to crypto is adoption, and the barrier to adoption is how complex some of these wallets are... and don't even go into mining.  If they can figure this out and make it 'centralized' proof then this could really be big.

As for those complaining about the token being lower than ICO.  I don't know this to be fact, but I'd guess that 80% of the ICO's trade below ICO price.  Your betting on the far future not the next 4-weeks.  The same happens in the stock market.  Heck... even Facebook went below their IPO price for over a year before early investors were even breaking even.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Could anyone please explain how I can transfer my tokens to an exchange? I see my tokens in myetherwallet but I dont think they are transferable.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/nimiq/
What rubbish! I invested in ico and got 22 nimiq for 1 eth and now the price is below $1.
Even at today's eth rate I would have gotten 200 plus nimiq if I bought now Sad

lol, you should at least wait until the coin (NIM, not NET) is established (Q1-Q2 2018) to do any assessment.

I dropped 10ETH at ICO and I am still very, very, very confident.
I will touch my NET for trading. I will convert the NET into NIM when the mainnet is on and then just HODL ...

What's the difference between NIM or NET? NIM is the coin name that's going to be established in 2018, then what about NET, what's the relationship between these two?

NET would be the token you'll use to redeem NIM. I believe 10 NET is equals to 1 NIM.
Activity: 83
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/nimiq/
What rubbish! I invested in ico and got 22 nimiq for 1 eth and now the price is below $1.
Even at today's eth rate I would have gotten 200 plus nimiq if I bought now Sad

lol, you should at least wait until the coin (NIM, not NET) is established (Q1-Q2 2018) to do any assessment.

I dropped 10ETH at ICO and I am still very, very, very confident.
I will touch my NET for trading. I will convert the NET into NIM when the mainnet is on and then just HODL ...

What's the difference between NIM or NET? NIM is the coin name that's going to be established in 2018, then what about NET, what's the relationship between these two?
Activity: 644
What is stopping anyone from rewriting your blockchain code into C or other languages to improve hashrates?

I think you mean the code for the mining client. We are pro-opensource so any effort in porting the code of our miner to another language is appreciated. We are focused on building the best and most easy to use (and develop with) Blockchain for payments. In fact, the first Nimiq Chrome Extension was built by a community member and is now available in Chome Store. (great work Sören!!!  Wink)

will there be a limit on the hashrate or anyone with a server or high-performance university cpu will be able to mine Nimiq ?

(my intel i7 2600K works with 25% cpu load at the betanet)
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
I think devo shold post every now and then to release some official news or updates?

They make updates on youtube, this is not the only place they be on.

Thanks, but at least they promoted the ICO here, and they should be posting and disseminating updates through this media too!

I agree, BTC Talk is superior to even Slack I think because you can find something that was said in the past.  In slack there's bugger all history and the search is crap.  Anyway..   Yes please more updates here Smiley

The devs will make updates here whenever they are ready to.

Right now we are working on reducing the size of the data you need to download to join the network. That way loading time for the Wallet and Betanet will be much much faster. You check our latest vlog to know more about our current work. And yes, we will publish a detailed blog post about it when we are ready  Wink.

Many thanks for the update.
Nice of you that you keep in touch with the community in this forum!
Jump to: