Author

Topic: [ANN][NYC] NEW YORK COIN at 2017 MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE IN NYC! - page 178. (Read 141357 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 260
I bought some nyc coins and decided to download the wallet for mac, while it was syncing the wallet I thought I'd send some of my nyc coins over to the wallet but didn't realise the wallet would take so long it had been a week and hadn't synced even half so I backed the wallet.data file up and tried replacing the blkindex files but it never speeded up the sync, so eventually I got it to sync on my windows computer. However when I tried to replace the wallet.dat file on the windows computer with the one I used on the mac to send the coins to, the nyc wallet wouldn't open it kept freezing on the nyc logo. Does anyone know if this can be fixed, or have I lost all the nycs I've sent!!!  Cry Cry

Can anyone please help me, thanks     

Hey Cryptonutters, glad to help you out and get your wallet syncing.

Do not want anyone to loose their NYcoins as they will be much more
valuable in the coming months. 
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
go to hell my boy

Hi  litethis, just refer to Racebyu's post, hope will help you sync your wallet faster.

Thanks. Somehow the wallet is syncing yet it will say like 8% synced and then switches to like 40% synced. Even the block numbers change lol. Gong to delete everything and retry fresh. Been over 2 weeks for syncing so yeah I made a mistake somewhere.

What's the update on the official coin look? The brown one with Lady Liberty does not feel like it connects with NYC Smiley OOOOHHHH I see the new one posted above it looks awesome!

Good to know that your wallet is being synced well.  Normally, in order to get wallet synced faster, make sure create the newyorkc.conf correctly (and file name should be the same as newyorkc.conf ) and copy to the right folder before you run the wallet client again.

For the coin look, there are now several versions. But different supporters have different opinion. So as what "racebyu" mentioned, NYC supporters may vote for one as the official version.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Hi  litethis, just refer to Racebyu's post, hope will help you sync your wallet faster.

Thanks. Somehow the wallet is syncing yet it will say like 8% synced and then switches to like 40% synced. Even the block numbers change lol. Gong to delete everything and retry fresh. Been over 2 weeks for syncing so yeah I made a mistake somewhere.

What's the update on the official coin look? The brown one with Lady Liberty does not feel like it connects with NYC Smiley OOOOHHHH I see the new one posted above it looks awesome!
Activity: 163
go to hell my boy

This is another solid step forward for NewYorkCoin!!

Once again, I remind here, it's a good timing for smart investors to invest in NYC now, for sure this coin  will make you good profit in the near future. Get on board and enjoy the free ride!!
This logo is more Las Vegas, than NYC.

There is no glam or glitter in NY right?
NYC the coin of the people, why not have the supporters here vote on a new coin logo.
Activity: 418
Merit: 10
100,000 NYC each for translation of nycoin.net website, domain registry in foreign country, hosting and index locally.
This logo is more Las Vegas, than NYC.
Dev interested new design for NYC ? Wallet design , Ann design + etc , Regards

Very classy looking NYC logo created by a supporter some time ago.
Even has the old original coin reference down at the bottom of the coin.
Would love to see this image as the new NYC logo, what do you think?
Activity: 7
Guys, this coin could take off with some small re-branding.

New logo, nicer website. Thorough roadmap. Etc.

I second this. Nyc needs a clear roadmap and some aesthetic rebranding. That's the only way to attract new investors. Right now the site reads too gimmicky and looks outdated.

Devs, this coin can be huge with the right tweaking

We already have a very clear roadmap:

ROAD MAP FOR NYC:

1. Coinomi adding NYC

2. NYC ATM's in all 5 boroughs

3. THE NEW YORK COIN CENTER opening in Manhattan

4. widescale adoption and usage of NYC

If you are interested in NYC and not yet a NYC holder,  it's a good timing to invest in NYC now and NYC will make you good fortune in the near future. Of course you are very welcomed to contribute to NYC community.

Hi all.

i also hold NYC for a while now, and intend to hold it at least for a few years. When this crypto stuff becomes "normal" people will automatically adopt it and NYC can grow huge.

I read a few posts back, you guys are looking for  a translation of the webpage in other languages.

If you want I can do a dutch translation, if interested i can ask a buddy of mine to do a translation to the croatian language (you get the former yugoslavia countries as well).

Roadmap looks good, but i do miss something. You devs we're working on a new site. first things first, i'm not here to bash, but my personal opinion is that the new site isn't that great either. It really needs some TLC to get a more professional looking site.

Second thing is social media. Is there a marketing guy/girl who can drive this to the next level.  Now it all seems to be like a one man show, and  you really need to expand with folks that make a difference.  i mean all that people that are in NYC for the long run could help.

anyways, PM me for the translation part.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
coinomi works !! Smiley

finally why that yobit will never sell them 2months plus i cant sell them in 1 sat yobit shows every day volume 2-3 btc and a wall of 33 btc and is never broken i bellieve they sell only thems coins not for simple users are they just lying about that volume

People are buying up from leeser markets Doge/USD/RUBL/ETH and reselling at BTC.
Activity: 86
coinomi works !! Smiley

https://imgur.com/a/WSILi
finally why that yobit will never sell them 2months plus i cant sell them in 1 sat yobit shows every day volume 2-3 btc and a wall of 33 btc and is never broken i bellieve they sell only thems coins not for simple users are they just lying about that volume
Activity: 42
On which exchanges will I be able to sell new york coin after some aesthetic rebranding?)
Activity: 7
Activity: 10
Github for Electrum Wallet for NYC has just been launched. Open-source

https://github.com/bshaw19/Electrum-NYC
Activity: 367
Don not forget this NewYorkCoin pool here...

https://newyorkcoin.mastermining.net/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

PROP  PAYOUT
Pool Fee   0.59%

PiWallet secure online web wallet for NYC coming any day now.

NYC supporter from reddit is creating Electrum NYC wallet.

Coinomi has already fully implemented NYC and we are just awaiting next update to be released (hopefully same time as iOS version)

NYC ATM's coming soon to all 5 boroughs.

NEW YORK COIN CENTER will open in Manhattan this year!

Merchant support stickers going up all over Manhattan. NYC supporters are in talks with business owners to start accepting NYC.
NYC 25 ADVANTAGE promo nycoin.net/advantage.pdf.

No problem, we have had many people come here and try and dis the coin and keep the price down low.
A brief history about the coin can be found on the official NYC site http://www.nycoin.net/about/
The original Dev left shortly after the coin launch and the coin did not do much until some of the supporters
here stepped in a while ago and are trying to push it in the right direction. This takes time but can come with
great rewards due to its price being so low right now. We are all supporting NYC and feel it will move much
higher this year and is greatly under priced, but that will change soon. You can mine on one of the 3 listed
pools or purchase some cheap coins while they last!

You'd be surprised at how invested I already am (fear for my investment is why I commented in the first place). Going to check out the mining pools. Thanks.

I can understand that, am invested in many other coins myself, only invest what I can afford to loose.
Most of my NYC where mined way back when the coin first came out using at the time a new Gridseed 5Mh units.
With all NYC supporters help I am sure we can push this coin forward and upwards.
Activity: 11
No problem, we have had many people come here and try and dis the coin and keep the price down low.
A brief history about the coin can be found on the official NYC site http://www.nycoin.net/about/
The original Dev left shortly after the coin launch and the coin did not do much until some of the supporters
here stepped in a while ago and are trying to push it in the right direction. This takes time but can come with
great rewards due to its price being so low right now. We are all supporting NYC and feel it will move much
higher this year and is greatly under priced, but that will change soon. You can mine on one of the 3 listed

You'd be surprised at how invested I already am (fear for my investment is why I commented in the first place). Going to check out the mining pools. Thanks.
Isn't it concerning that the github repository has not been updated for four years..? There is talk of development yet is seems shady.

Zero posts,  your account registered today and you talk about shady?
Try and go back through the postings and read a bit on the history of the coin.

Yes, hold tight to your NYcoins people the wolfs will be coming out in full force shortly.

No offence meant. I registered because I am interested in the coin, just some information is incomplete. I've also read most of the resources including the site and reddit. Can you at least tell me why have there been no updates?

Jump to: