Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NYC] NEW YORK COIN at 2017 MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE IN NYC! - page 69. (Read 141357 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 8

Why you say can't and shouldn't be disputed. Still the question remains why a lot of coins claim to have low fees when there is literally no trading volume (no liquidity) at all. Transaction fees might be low, but you just can't use the coin to transfer funds as you can't get out of it anymore. That's why I think that there won't be tens of thousands of functional currencies in the future. It makes more sense for all of us to converge to a couple of them and thereby reduce all kinds of premiums, like the liquidity premium.

Consolidation down to a few coins is certainly a possibility. However, I think there is also the case to be made for a larger number of coins that, by supporting atomic swaps, be it through second-layer solutions like LN or via DEXs, provide increased resiliency against attack and centralization efforts by supporting multiple simultaneous network paths.  For POS coins, the energy requirements can be mitigated by having the majority of coins use AuxPOW.

The other interesting benefit to having multiple tokens/coins is that they can provide unique utility, DGB's password manager feature being an example.  Many purpose built chains that do one or two things well would be better than having a kitchen sink/jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none approach.  I do agree that tokens/coins that merely tweak rewards, block-timings, etc. will cease to have value.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 253
Great point. Welcome to this forum!
Activity: 1106
Merit: 508
Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023
So how do I transfer a million dollars worth of NYC coin from A to B while preserving that value and turning it back into dollars? While transaction fees might be low, the liquidity premium will be off the charts and hence make it more expensive than using the coins you mentioned.

Thats a fair point, I get 0% forex fees offered to me all the time but I immediately have to go check their bid offer spread competitiveness because this is where the costs are mostly contained and what will eventually cost me in sum total, possibly even more then that fee might.    The low fee part is always useful for the poor peeps who arent transferring much and so dont mind the % costs involved quite as badly as the fixed fee would charge them.  
   My personal take for the whole of crypto is the greatest success is going to come from addressing solving the problems of the common people, the people who have least but greatest need for crypto as useful and secure way to transact value; they in turn if finding value will return growth and stability by providing this liquidity to the blockchain that enables them.   Thats how I hope crypto progresses and somehow does the impossible climb that the larger finance bodies believe it cannot.  Costs and value returned stands as a common problem across the whole currency spectrum, I have to constantly consider this when pricing anything globally and its not especially a criticism of nyc.

Why you say can't and shouldn't be disputed. Still the question remains why a lot of coins claim to have low fees when there is literally no trading volume (no liquidity) at all. Transaction fees might be low, but you just can't use the coin to transfer funds as you can't get out of it anymore. That's why I think that there won't be tens of thousands of functional currencies in the future. It makes more sense for all of us to converge to a couple of them and thereby reduce all kinds of premiums, like the liquidity premium.
Have you ever seen so many people with the "ugly girl got dissed syndrome"? Are you all a bunch of envious high schooler's that the quarterback said "NO THANK YOU!" to? Stop humiliating your "Community". Just get on your knees and "pray" harder.  Grin
I love how "Community" leadership warns everyone not to use Yobit - but obviously uses it themselves. Classic!

How else do you suggest they verify the claims of pathological liars such as yourself?
I love how "Community" leadership warns everyone not to use Yobit - but obviously uses it themselves. Classic!
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
YOBIT HAS ONCE AGAIN CLOSED NEWYORKCOIN WITHDRAWALS AND DEPOSITS!

Let this moment stand alone in NewYorkCoin history as the defining moment for Mr. Charles Kartchner, who much to his chagrin, was never successful with his entry level shilling tactics and sorry attempts at market manipulation.

I'm sure everyone here shares in my sentiment when I say Charles Kartchner, we don't trust you, nobody does, so GO AWAY! You remind us all of Harry Wormwood from Matilda, and the fine people of this community deserve better than to be targeted by your shenanigans any longer.

You "paid" Yobit, yet contradicted yourself and proved yourself to be a pathological liar all in one page worth of replies here on the forum, great work. So now what is your goal? What is the next big thing you are doing for NYC, closing up shop, leaving the state, and avoiding questions like you always do? I'll wait...

You got your coins off Yobit, they've closed up wallets once again, and you have absolutely no plans to "help around the house" so now go back to the depths whence you came you parasitic swamp creature.

As a long time contributor to this project, it irks me to know that CK has sole control of the social media accounts that many people mistakenly think are the official social media accounts for obtaining vetted information about the project, when he isn't even involved in the recent development of the coin. How is that decentralized?!?!?!

In the name of decentralization, I suggest you obtain complete and vetted information/updates regarding NewYorkCoin from these decentralized sources:

https://nycoin.community/

https://blog.nycoin.community/

https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkCoinCommunity/

https://twitter.com/nycoincommunity

https://medium.com/@newyorkcoin

https://www.reddit.com/r/nycoincommunity/

The following links are centralized sources of information about the project, and are in the sole possession/control of 1 person. I urge coin holders not to use the following links as a reliable source for news and updates from the team, and if you do follow the sources below, please use the links below to remove them from your news feeds, so that you do not miss important updates that are actually pertinent to the development of NewYorkCoin.

https://newyorkcoin.net

https://nycoin.net

https://twitter.com/NewYorkCoinNYC

https://www.facebook.com/NewYorkCoin/

https://www.reddit.com/r/NewYorkCoin/

http://newyorkco.in
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Friends a Tip !!!!! Grin Grin Grin
I managed to get almost all of my NYC thank goodness.
and the last ones that stayed there, I sold it for ETH, I transferred it to Graviex and I bought NYC there ...... Go before they also stop ETH.

Wink Wink Wink
SouthXchange volume last week only 100k a day

and i see lots of fake volume here . BiblePay and  MktCoin for sure fake volume 25 % of SouthXchange  volume

make a  good research before not only 5 minutes

The NYCoin Community is leaning a bit on the research provided by Prohashing to assess the cost benefit.
IIRC the criteria that tipped the decision towards SouthExchange were:

#1 - supported by Prohashing
#2 - cost
#3 - no volume requirement
#4 - exposure to a market we are under-represented in (South America)
#5 - A unique voting system that allows supporters to contribute directly to the listing without using a middleman

STEX met the first criteria but not the others.  STEX does have higher volume, but the goal was to have a backup exchange and the risk of delisting made it a non-starter.

While any exchange carries risk, I haven't seen any significant negative feedback for SouthExchange.
The same cannot be said of Yobit, sadly.  And as of last night withdrawals have again been disabled on Yobit:

Activity: 641
SouthXchange volume last week only 100k a day

and i see lots of fake volume here . BiblePay and  MktCoin for sure fake volume 25 % of SouthXchange  volume

make a  good research before not only 5 minutes

Activity: 417
New mining pool COMING SOON courtesy of early miners and long-time friends of NYC Cool

What supported exchanges are they going to be using, yobit is blocking withdrawals again!!
Activity: 19
The first big accomplishment was the Graviex listing, this provided ProHashing with the tools necessary to start mining NewYorkCoin again, bringing increased hash rate, and in turn increasing security of the network. Graviex has been outstanding in every aspect of the NewYorkCoin/Graviex relationship. From providing great customer service, maintaining an open line of communication with the team, and providing the users of NYC with a reliable platform for trading, the team couldn’t ask for more from Graviex and looks forward to the continued relationship!

This takes us to the next goal of securing a listing on SouthXchange, as this will provide NewYorkCoin with many benefits. SouthXchange is supported by ProHashing, so having a listing with them ensures that if Graviex goes into maintenance for any reason, the network is still secured by the hash rate provided by ProHashing. Also, with $300K in daily volume, this is a market that can provide more liquidity for merchants who accept NYC than what is currently available, and could also provide the liquidity required by CoinToPay to enable instant NYC cash outs in BTC and USD for merchants accepting NYC with CoinToPay.

SouthXchange doesn’t offer the opportunity for a team to pay directly for the listing of their coin, so in order to get NewYorkCoin listed, we need to go through their voting process. 1 vote costs .001 BTC each and we need a total of 500 votes. SouthXchange provided the voting address and Blockchain.com supplied the awesome button below for the voting address. The quickest way to vote is by using the button below, it will reveal the QR code and the SouthXchange voting address for your convenience. You can also go to the SouthXchange voting page here. Scroll down until you find NewYorkCoin (Ticker: NYC) and then click our corresponding BTC voting address to place your vote. You can also send BTC directly to the public address – 31yxnj1gDmJVCtySR6zvkYNkbGvzcgtqN6, remember, .001 BTC equals 1 vote.

On behalf of the team, I want to thank everyone in the community for your continued support, I believe coming together to accomplish this is completely within our reach, and by doing so we can lay a better foundation for the future of NewYorkCoin.
New mining pool COMING SOON courtesy of early miners and long-time friends of NYC Cool
NYC ACCEPTED HERE: https://nycoinstores.com

P.S. Yobit warning message has been removed from CoinMarketCap  Kiss
Meet cryptocurrency's legal eagles. You don't belong here. You will not succeed in your nefarious attempts to disrupt and neutralize. You are just temporary nuisances. NYC has regained EVERYTHING lost from 51% attack. Plus NYC gained updated code/wallets and a responsive help line. Good job, folks!

P.S. Very nice website, too!

Is SouthXchange ($80,000/day total exchange volume) the next game-changer??? F'in clowns!

This guy is so stupid it’s sad 😢 , the whole purpose of some of those “smaller volume “ exchanges are to help with the network security as pools like pro hashing themselves said YOBIT is unreliable so they won’t use it much so currently once graviex goes down so does the network hash but I forgot security isn’t something that worries you! Prohashing supports SouthXchange 🤔 💭  think about that for a moment,while all you can think about is gains for your fat sack of nyc that you’ve mined since day 1 a network with no security is basically a sitting duck and will eventually become worthless 💯🗽

Again I urge you to use your head and think about security for once like I mentioned here and you totally ignored it , what if devs decided to do it your way and gains started flowing in and the network is attacked yet again this time draining users of nyc gains along with it ,what would you have to say then? Oh it’s the devs fault? You would never blame yourself (bitebtc was your paid listing) so stop using excuses about how old accounts are and answer some questions that are being asked, you show great leadership role skill🤢 but always want to act like the “big man in charge” the same way you like to throw out conspiracies about high men in nyc responsible for the attack maybe you are the one that organized an attack right before the fork, wasn’t it you that didn’t want to fork? 🤔

Anyway forget that security is important and until you can show that you can have a community discussion and save the insults to devs and community no one will follow you and still will look at you as irrelevant
Why do you "Community" clowns use so many monikers? Your account is literally DAYS old. WTF?!?

My contributions unfortunately include you joining us.

No one cares a lot of users on discord didn’t have Ann threads so excuse others for only now creating accounts to speak with you! As you know when ever we tried to talk to you you’re  known for ignoring questions and blocking users on Facebook, no one cares that you been mining nyc from day one or you hold a shit load, it’s a community driven project but yet still you try to make it a one man show again which no one cares about I’m just trying to state facts to anyone who and what you about,

Whats Graviex like to use? Been exit sc ammed so many times but i still believe in NYC.

Over at http://newyorkcoin.net/ it shows alot of businesses that accept NYC. Is this legit? Could they all comment and promote themselves here by any chance?

Graviex has been great to nyc (especially while yobit and others locked down wallets) it was they who helped the community recover stolen funds during the attack. Their support is great. Oh and you mean that “not secure” .net site there are some businesses that either don’t accept anymore or has closed down, look at the pacific trading store(example) it’s been saying that message on it since last year and I’m pretty sure No one reaches out for updates.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
NYC NYC NYC
Whats Graviex like to use? Been exit sc ammed so many times but i still believe in NYC.

Over at http://newyorkcoin.net/ it shows alot of businesses that accept NYC. Is this legit? Could they all comment and promote themselves here by any chance?

Yobit warning message has been removed from CoinMarketCap!

Why do you "Community" clowns use so many monikers? Your account is literally DAYS old. WTF?!?

My contributions unfortunately include you joining us.

Pages:
Jump to: