Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitcoin Fog: Secure Bitcoin Anonymization - page 26. (Read 301365 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Bitcoin Fog Scammed me.

I am not posting here hastily, this issue is a week old and I have given Bitcoin Fog every opportunity to fix any technical issues they might have.  Their support is (too horrible to be true) so in my opinion it is a deliberate scam.

Do not use Bitcoin Fog unless you want to loose your money.

I signed up and deposited money.

I checked periodically for the first few hours.

At the two hour mark I did what the deposit page says to do and I messaged support letting them know my balance was still zero (not updated).

Just short of four hours after I signed up and made a deposit their website would no longer let me log on to my account.  

I am using the same password I used to log in immediately after signup and used again several times over the first four hours.  My deposit transaction rather quickly went past 6 confirmations.  There wallet was full of my coins almost immediately.  They never updated my account balance from anything but zero for at least four hours (after that my log in "magically" stopped working).  So after that my credentials (the same credentials I have always used) will not let me log into the account.  I have no way to make a withdraw and I am certain this is an intentional design.  Stay away from Bitcoin Fog.  It is a scam.

Bitcoin Fog support refuses to do anything at all.  They wrote "You have either been hacked or have lost your password if what you write is even true."

This was about a week ago; I have submitted support messages, eventually they erased my support history but not before I have screen shots of their responses.

Bitcoin Fog will steal your money.  They are thieves because thier computer system lets you log in long enough to make a deposit but they delay the balance being updated so you can't schedule a timely withdraw.  And then your log in "magically" stops working, so you will never be able to schedule a withdraw.  Registering a new account and messaging support will only result in them denying any problems with their system and refusing to do anything because you are submitting messages from a different account than you sent them money on.

There is ZERO possibility I am not using the same log in credentials I have always used.

They claim that they can not return the deposit to the original wallet because that would be violating animity and security concerns.  That is a verifiable lie, that is the weakest part in their scam because as I tell my story, some readers might think to themselves that maybe I did loose my password like Bitcoin Fog claims.  But when they claim they can not return the currency to the wallet that sent it to them because of animity and security concerns that is ridiculous and I challenge anyone to name a single animity or security concern.  For Bitcoin Fog to claim they "can not return money to the sending wallet" under these circumstances is so weak that in my opinion it is a confirmation that the entire thing is a deliberate scam.

BE WARNED: You may never see your currency back after you make a deposit to Bitcoin Fog.

(EDIT: Please note)  Since their system would not let me log in after the first four hours I had to register again with a different account to even contact support.  They accused me of not having my password correct and additionally they claimed that they had no way accept credentials from me.  They ignored the fact that sending the currency back to the wallet it came from would return it to the rightful owner and their intentions on keeping the money are clear.  Additionally they ignored all my support requests for six days and then even erased my support message history.  I have screen shots for anyone interested.

It is very clear to me that I have been scammed because I know my log in credentials that I registered with.  I know they worked for nearly four hours.  I know that stopped working.  All I can say to readers is that you know my story.  Give Bitcoin Fog your money if you want to; they will be happy to keep it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 13
We have given the system a thorough check up and it seems that the issues are resolved once again. Running smooth for the last two days. All new transactions should have been running completely on time.
We are STILL responding to many support messges from the last week, as we haven't been able to process them all yet.
If you are one of those who still have their money delayed from those earlier support message, this is very unfortunate and we are working on resolving it, but you can at least know that we shall return everything in the end. Despite all the delays, our service has never lost any users' funds and we intend to keep it that way.
Activity: 3
It looks like the problem hasn't been really solved... Sad
My 2 payments don't show up again and it's been over 12 hours and almost 100 confirmations.
Anyone else having the same issue?
Activity: 5
Next time please write here faster:)
Activity: 84
Merit: 13
And once again big number of deposits have caused delays in our service.
We have no excuse really, instead still working on improving it and making sure our security layer does not cause these delays in the future, that it can handle larger and larger number of users.
Currently everything is running on schedule.

As for
Are there any objective advantages to blockchains Shared Coin feature?
We would personally never use them as the only step in the washing. Blockchain is a public company and is required by law to comply with anti- money laundering laws, as well as revealing user information and logs, should the law require that.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Are there any objective advantages to blockchains Shared Coin feature?
Activity: 21
Started new Deposit for an hour...
It took 7 Confirmations and the Funds were added...
(Very fast this time...)

I´m starting now a withdraw ....

//ok, this is weird.

Already get my BTC oO
This transaction was REALLY FAST Cheesy

This is how a service must be. Cheesy
Well I finally got mine, took about 48 hours though. I'd say the service is legit but I think people should assume their coins will be tied up for up to 72 hours and plan accordingly.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
I'm new to Bitcoinfog.
So basically it is a very legit and trustworthy service? Can you recommend it?

I also have two questions:

1. in withdraw menu there is this text: "Do not send money directly from the Fog to shared addresses."
What exactly does this mean? What are "shared adresses"?

2. For the system to work properly do I have to keep my BTC on Bitcoin Fog for a while? Do they get mixed while I store them there? Or do they get mixed while withdrawing them?
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
Just think of all the extra randomness and de-linking you get from having coinz in limbo for so long ....  Cheesy
Activity: 6
Worked out, but almost 2 days to deposit.
Activity: 2
Same boat for me now - deposited coins showed up about ~40hrs after initial transaction.  Initiated a withdrawal and hope to see them on the other side!

Glad this -appears- to be just a delay and nothing malicious, but they could have saved face and a lot of customer pain and hurting with some simple communication, either via support tickets or this thread.
i have all my btc on my wallet:) uff
Activity: 4
An update for anyone else dealing with this. After 43 hours my coins showed up in my bitcoinfog account. None of the 4 support messages I sent were replied to, so I have no explanation of what happened. Needless to say I quickly scheduled a withdrawal of all my coins and will not be using Bitcoinfog again until this enormous delay can be explained and a solution presented to keep it from happening again. The good news is my money was not stolen. The bad news is, I had coins held in limbo for 2 full days without any explanation.

Good luck to everyone else.
Roughly how long did it take your coins to appear in your fog balance once sent in? Because I'm on like hour 18 since I sent them.
Good to hear it worked out for you, still haven't gotten mine though. Or a response from support  Tongue
Thank you.
yeah, it cost me some nerves, but finally all btc apperead Smiley

And yeah, the support is dead....no response, nothin.
Received right now all my btc. Smiley
Perhaps it´s techniqual issues, because it was taking so long...

But all my funds were on my wallet yet...

Thanks Smiley "with a panic face" Cheesy

Good to hear it worked out for you, still haven't gotten mine though. Or a response from support  Tongue
Received right now all my btc. Smiley
Perhaps it´s techniqual issues, because it was taking so long...

But all my funds were on my wallet yet...

Thanks Smiley "with a panic face" Cheesy
Activity: 6
 Akemashite Omedetou  Fog Rep - Now's a good time for your monthly post

Show face or loose face.  A quick post can do wonders for your rep & customer confidence.
Activity: 2
Maybe recently there was so many withdrawals so fog doesnt have enough amonut of clean btc.
Pages:
Jump to: