Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source! - page 2. (Read 23760 times)

sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
Shouldn't have done it in the first place, you didn't get vengeance against Coinhunter even, you took it out on the end users and that is worse than EVERYTHING you all have accused Coinhunter of.... If you were a decent human being you should be ashamed of yourself, and if the rest of these clowns cared about this technology (Cryptocurrency in general) they should cast you out from here.

The thing is someone was going to do it sooner or later, it was only a matter of time. In the real world things get attacked all the time. You are better knowing about it sooner so you can fix it.

At least this clearly demonstrated that SolidCoin was technically broken and by extension CoinHunters claims to have made a better BitCoin were false.
Activity: 630
they should cast you out from here.
lol, what in the hell, you have to be a thespian or something.

I'll give Art one thing, he admits his dick moves so far.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
This fork uses SolidCoin 1.03 and fixes all the recent problems in the code
Here's Soldcoin (SLC) 1.04:
https://github.com/jackjack-jj/soldcoin

diff solidcoin1.03 soldcoin1.04:
Code:
$ diff solidcoin-source-103/src soldcoin-source-104/src
Les sous-répertoires solidcoin-source-103/src/cryptopp et soldcoin-source-104/src/cryptopp sont identiques.
diff solidcoin-source-103/src/init.cpp soldcoin-source-104/src/init.cpp
323c323
<             HWND hwndPrev = FindWindowA("wxWindowNR", "SolidCoin 1.03");
---
>             HWND hwndPrev = FindWindowA("wxWindowNR", "SoldCoin 1.04");

I like the new name "soldcoin". It's probably just a typo but so what.

BTW, lots of people are asking (in freenode ) for the windows version. I have no Windows so I can not help them.
Can someone please help those good people, who do not like the evil mad monkey license, and push the compiled exe's to git or something.

One more thing. I started a #solidcoin-fos channel in freenode for chitchat so this forum thread can have more useful content and less of that 0 value blaa blaa blaa Smiley

Edit: added the missing 'i'

Activity: 406
Merit: 257
I dont know of any recent fix making the blockchain growing uncontrollably.
The only issue I am currently aware of is that under certain circumstances the disabling of orphan block storage can possibly cause nodes to never catch up to the current head of the chain and under similar circumstances can also cause them to spam 1000s of "GetBlocks" requests while downloading the chain.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
The unintended consequences of king douche bag's attack is though that he hurt a lot of people beyond Coinhunter even.  Thats where the ass hat looses 100% respect and credibility.  He also apparently know about other underlying bugs in the cryptocurrency systems which inadvertently killed peoples nodes (also from Bitcoin).  Yet the scum out here champions him as some great Hero of douche bag ville....  says a lot about this community.....

I'm not sure why you are defending CH/RS so much on these forums. It just seems like you are his minion or something OR that you get some benefit for doing it.

Did ArtForz hurt a lot of people's coins? Yes. But those were speculators speculating on a risky currency. They knew what they got into or should have known. The fact that it's risky is because the new currency is untested. With the code CH/RS put into it, you can't be sure it's not full of bugs. And they obviously had no idea that CH/RS will self destruct like that. So live and learn.

I actually believe that what ArtForz did was best for SolidCoin. It showed what kind of person CH/RS really is. It made a lot of people wise up and sell their SolidCoins before it was too late. If ArtForz did not expose SolidCoin's vulnerability *and* CH/RS's real self, SolidCoin's would have lasted a bit longer. More people would have bought in and be invested in this coin. All this (vulnerabilities and CH/RS's incompetence in fixing issues and his behavior) will inevitably come out at a later point. And when that happens, more people would have been hurt.

I actually take that back about ArtForz hurting a lot of people. He really didn't. His attack was pretty mild. It slowed down processing of blocks. It yielded an unintended side effect (that ArtForz was not previously aware of) of causing the transaction logs to grow too big. This caused some nodes to crash if they were running low on disk space. What hurt solidcoin more was CH/RS's half-ass buggy fix that did more damage than it fixed AND his other half-ass fix to fix his first fix. And according to ArtForz, the latest fix introduced yet another vulnerability of the blockchain growing uncontrollably. CH/RS's incompetence is hurting solidcoin more than ArtForz's attack.

And in the end, none of this hurt the price of solidcoins much at all. So no one was materially hurt by any of this until CH/RS decided to change the open source license. Was that a revenge move? This pissed off doublec enough to shutdown the largest exchange and it pissed off eleuthria enough to shutdown the largest pool. THAT was what caused the price to plummet, which hurt people. So I would argue that CH/RS hurt his own solidcoin supporters by making this dumbass move. Maybe we should investigate if he sold all his coins before the move, and bought them back cheap!
Never forget, Art still did a dick move.
Not disagreeing with you here. Though I do regret not noticing the massive txdb journal growth earlier, or I would have stopped the "attack" a lot sooner than I did.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
My only question is: With the real possibility of a viable open-source SC client with good peeps helping the dev movement, should we hang on to our Solidcoins or dump them like Smoothie advised?

I've already unloaded all of mine. I am sure there will be alternative block chains in the near future that have much more to offer than solidcoin has.

But they'll have smaller logs. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
My only question is: With the real possibility of a viable open-source SC client with good peeps helping the dev movement, should we hang on to our Solidcoins or dump them like Smoothie advised?

I've already unloaded all of mine. I am sure there will be alternative block chains in the near future that have much more to offer than solidcoin has.
Activity: 896
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
legendary
I'm not sure why you are defending CH/RS so much on these forums. It just seems like you are his minion or something OR that you get some benefit for doing it.

Did ArtForz hurt a lot of people's coins? Yes. But those were speculators speculating on a risky currency. They knew what they got into or should have known. The fact that it's risky is because the new currency is untested. With the code CH/RS put into it, you can't be sure it's not full of bugs. And they obviously had no idea that CH/RS will self destruct like that. So live and learn.

I actually believe that what ArtForz did was best for SolidCoin. It showed what kind of person CH/RS really is. It made a lot of people wise up and sell their SolidCoins before it was too late. If ArtForz did not expose SolidCoin's vulnerability *and* CH/RS's real self, SolidCoin's would have lasted a bit longer. More people would have bought in and be invested in this coin. All this (vulnerabilities and CH/RS's incompetence in fixing issues and his behavior) will inevitably come out at a later point. And when that happens, more people would have been hurt.

I am defending Solidcoin as a viable alternative.  Public statements made by Coinhunter should not have been made, I don't denounce that, to me it's a non-issue because he IS doing good work outside of that and that is all I care about.  MORE-SO are the dumb asses out here who vilified him even before they had reason to (Smoothie-in-his-ass, wolftaurd, King Douchebag, the whole lot of them)... this is the part that makes me sick you guys are letting those guys run the show out here when you should be just as often letting them know that they are fucked up one side and down the other as well.

And here's the kicker and the ultimate point I am trying to make, I don't care if Artforz "revealed his real self", what Artforz did was f'ing dispicable ... he should be banned from these forums at a very minimum and Gavin as the de-facto head around here should denounce his actions.  Above all else I'll shut up completely as soon as I see as many posts out here complaining about Coinhunter also complaining about Artforz and calling the scum sucker to be banned from these forums and as much public association with Bitcoin as possible.  He hurt innocent bystanders directly, it wasn't just a bug gone wrong it would have been criminal if cryptocurrency was in fact legally recognized currency, for that at least and unfortunately we probably can't bring him up on charges.  And to note... I didn't loose anything because of the scum sucker, but he did something far worse than Coinhunter ever did.

So please explain to me how I "vilified" him? The guy was a dick from the start. Any comments that disagreed with him or sometimes even agreed with him he would talk down to and belittle.

Once again please take your whining and crying to your precious solidcointalk.org site. We don't need anymore babies on this forum that can't handle hearing the truth.

thanks for coming.

Hey, I found a problem with SolidCoin.
You must think you're so cool.
I found a problem in your genius bitcoin-killing code so yeah.
You're full of shit. And I still got a bigger log than you.
*typetypetype* You do now.
legendary
Please do us all a favor and take your crying elsewhere. Thank you very much.

Not crying just trying to ensure people see how stupid the douche trio is in this mess ... Artforz, smoothie and wolftaurd that is ... I'm not even defending Coinhunter per se.  But to leave him to follow you lot is like overthrowing Richard the Lionheart (not a very well liked guy but he was a leader) and following the f'ing court jesters.

What exactly did I do? Did i speak my mind and piss you off?

Sorry free speech is allowed here.
Activity: 630
Dude blame CoinHunter for what ArtForz did to solidcoins. ArtForz went to him and told him there is a problem, and that he needs to fix it. and he basically told ArtForz to fck himself.

Coinhunter could have avoided the whole thing with a simple statement "Thanks for pointing this out, I will fix it as soon as possible, please keep this confidential until after the fix is made". but noooooooo he wanted to be his douchy self.... "I know what I am doing biaaatch"

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

I am defending Solidcoin as a viable alternative.  Public statements made by Coinhunter should not have been made, I don't denounce that, to me it's a non-issue because he IS doing good work outside of that and that is all I care about.  MORE-SO are the dumb asses out here who vilified him even before they had reason to (Smoothie-in-his-ass, wolftaurd, King Douchebag, the whole lot of them)... this is the part that makes me sick you guys are letting those guys run the show out here when you should be just as often letting them know that they are fucked up one side and down the other as well.

And here's the kicker and the ultimate point I am trying to make, I don't care if Artforz "revealed his real self", what Artforz did was f'ing dispicable ... he should be banned from these forums at a very minimum and Gavin as the de-facto head around here should denounce his actions.  Above all else I'll shut up completely as soon as I see as many posts out here complaining about Coinhunter also complaining about Artforz and calling the scum sucker to be banned from these forums and as much public association with Bitcoin as possible.  He hurt innocent bystanders directly, it wasn't just a bug gone wrong it would have been criminal if cryptocurrency was in fact legally recognized currency, for that at least and unfortunately we probably can't bring him up on charges.  And to note... I didn't loose anything because of the scum sucker, but he did something far worse than Coinhunter ever did.

Dude blame CoinHunter for what ArtForz did to solidcoins. ArtForz went to him and told him there is a problem, and that he needs to fix it. and he basically told ArtForz to fck himself.

Coinhunter could have avoided the whole thing with a simple statement "Thanks for pointing this out, I will fix it as soon as possible, please keep this confidential until after the fix is made". but noooooooo he wanted to be his douchy self.... "I know what I am doing biaaatch"
... he should be banned from these forums at a very minimum and Gavin as the de-facto head around here should denounce his actions.  Above all else I'll shut up completely as soon as I see as many posts out here complaining about Coinhunter also complaining about Artforz and calling the scum sucker to be banned from these forums ...
For which part?
Telling RS/CH/His Royal Highness that his changed fee rules were allowing massive tx for nearly free?
Using the system within said rules after getting told that those rules are perfectly fine?
Finding a lack of optimization inherited from bitcoin in the process?
Informing the bitcoin developers about said lack of optimization and submitting a patch that (well, at least partially...) fixes it?
Activity: 798
The unintended consequences of king douche bag's attack is though that he hurt a lot of people beyond Coinhunter even.  Thats where the ass hat looses 100% respect and credibility.  He also apparently know about other underlying bugs in the cryptocurrency systems which inadvertently killed peoples nodes (also from Bitcoin).  Yet the scum out here champions him as some great Hero of douche bag ville....  says a lot about this community.....

I'm not saying ArtForz is a hero. But I'd pick ten of him over CoinHunter any day.

Welcome to douche bag ville....

I'd take Richard the Lionheart over the f'ing court jesters... he may not be generally liked but at least he is doing something productive....

Maybe one day there will be a winston ch. in charge but until then you goons are fricken hillarious....

You're not fooling anyone, and you're just coming across as a dick.  Go away.
donator
CH/RS should really learn from Gavin instead of criticizing him for being a hacker supporter. When ArtForz approached CH/RS with the vulnerabilities in SolidCoin, he was basically told to get lost. So ArtForz got upset and did a fairly nice attack on the SolidCoin chain to prove his point. He sent these large transactions one at a time, which slowed down the network and actually showed another vulnerability in both Bitcoin and SolidCoin. He could have done a lot worse if he released a ton of these huge transactions at the same time. If he did that, it would have likely killed all the clients.

I assume ArtForz approached Gavin with this out of space vulnerability in Bitcoin. And instead of telling ArtForz to get lost, Gavin worked with him to fix the vulnerability. That's how a mature and competent lead on a big open source project is supposed to act. If someone is nice enough to come to you to tell you about a potential vulnerability, you work with him to fix it instead of pissing him off so that he would actually try to attack your chain with that vulnerability.

I'm not saying ArtForz is a hero. But I'd pick ten of him over CoinHunter any day.
legendary
SC/RS should really learn from Gavin instead of criticizing him for being a hacker supporter. When ArtForz approached SC/RS with the vulnerabilities in SolidCoin, he was basically told to get lost. So ArtForz got upset and did a fairly nice attack on the SolidCoin chain to prove his point. He sent these large transactions one at a time, which slowed down the network and actually showed another vulnerability in both Bitcoin and SolidCoin. He could have done a lot worse if he released a ton of these huge transactions at the same time. If he did that, it would have likely killed all the clients.

I assume ArtForz approached Gavin with this out of space vulnerability in Bitcoin. And instead of telling ArtForz to get lost, Gavin worked with him to fix the vulnerability. That's how a mature and competent lead on a big open source project is supposed to act. If someone is nice enough to come to you to tell you about a potential vulnerability, you work with him to fix it instead of pissing him off so that he would actually try to attack your chain with that vulnerability.

Please do us all a favor and take your crying elsewhere. Thank you very much.
donator
Y'all probably want this:
  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/491

However, I don't think you can fix all the problems that a fixed transaction fee cause; the real problem is that basic economics says that you need to let the price of a scare resource change, ideally in a market, to match the underlying real costs.

(bitcoin's fee structure isn't right either, and fixing it to create a market between miners and clients is high on the TODO list)

CH/RS should really learn from Gavin instead of criticizing him for being a hacker supporter. When ArtForz approached CH/RS with the vulnerabilities in SolidCoin, he was basically told to get lost. So ArtForz got upset and did a fairly nice attack on the SolidCoin chain to prove his point. He sent these large transactions one at a time, which slowed down the network and actually showed another vulnerability in both Bitcoin and SolidCoin. He could have done a lot worse if he released a ton of these huge transactions at the same time. If he did that, it would have likely killed all the clients.

Pages:
Jump to: