Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 2. (Read 85461 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Amazing....

the creators told us "
Public Mining started 5 minutes after this thread was created. Only 940 blocks or 30080 coins were premined for bounties. "

but if we go to http://solidcoin.whmcr.co.uk/ we could  clearly find out that 40 days before the 20th August Solidcoins have been being mined.

so 40 days X ~15 000 per day... 600 000 was stolen by creators.

Hmmm...  I am not seeing that clearly at all, in fact I see dates that indicate it started the 20th.   One of us needs glasses I guess.
Activity: 335
Aside, how hard is it to keep an exchange running. First scexchange throws deuces and now moonco is on unknown hiatus. Shit like this, not Smoothie's BS is what will kill this.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
well, look at solidcoin.info

32 SC per block for miners 3 min per block
total of SC is ~1008000
make some calculations

~15000 per day

its easy

number of days = 1008000/15000

And at which block did mining start for public, Einstein?
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
well, look at solidcoin.info

32 SC per block for miners 3 min per block
total of SC is ~1008000
make some calculations

~15000 per day

its easy

number of days = 1008000/15000
legendary
Activity: 1526
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Amazing....

the creators told us "
Public Mining started 5 minutes after this thread was created. Only 940 blocks or 30080 coins were premined for bounties. "

but if we go to http://solidcoin.whmcr.co.uk/ we could  clearly find out that 40 days before the 20th August Solidcoins have been being mined.

You realize difficulty goes up, also when creators start mining?
You realize that everyone who started to mine SolidCoin could look at the minede blocks using the "getinfo" command?
You realize you can't just mine 600.000 coins (18.700) without being caught?

Come back when you have proof.
Activity: 90
Amazing....

the creators told us "

but if we go to http://solidcoin.whmcr.co.uk/ we could  clearly find out that 40 days before the 20th August Solidcoins have been being mined.

legendary
Activity: 1694
New SC/BTC exchange service https://btc-e.com/sc_exchanger

Do you have an api to get json info on the current activity? (low, high, bid, ask, etc.)

api -> 10.09.2011
legendary
Activity: 1694
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
Everything that's happened helps Bitcoin. Bitcoin gets to learn from the mistakes. CoinHunter took code he didn't understand, broke it, ArtForz found an incidental bug as a result, and Bitcoin will benefit, but SolidCoin will not, because CoinHunter hasn't been able to figure out a solution -- other than just making SolidCoin be more like Bitcoin and giving up some of his precious "important" features about why SolidCoin is "better" than Bitcoin.

Gavin even posted the patch that ArtForz submitted in one of the SolidCoin threads.  CoinHunter might be too proud to use it, though.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
If this guy had just kept his mouth shut and work with the community, I think he could have actually overtaken bitcoins. I loved SolidCoins when it first came out. I was mining it hours after it was launched. I had thousands of them....

Not quite overtake, it's just too fundamentally similar. Rough example: Look at WoW. It enjoys a massive marketshare.  There have been many other projects which took WoW's formula, but have merely just been that, "WoW+".  They existed beside eachother in the market, but none ever 'overtook' WoW because they're so similar, the users in WoWs marketshare have no incentive dump their investments and start over.  Same goes for Apple with their iProducts.

I believe Bitcoin will fall one day, but only to a better idea.  It'll probably be a 'oh duh' idea that's right infront of us even now.  But it can't simply be Bitcoin+.
Activity: 112
If this guy had just kept his mouth shut and work with the community, I think he could have actually overtaken bitcoins. I loved SolidCoins when it first came out. I was mining it hours after it was launched. I had thousands of them....

I vote from now on we ignore any fork that is only one person, period.
Activity: 140

SC -could- have grown into a great complimentary currency. There were (and are) a set of people who think faster transactions and faster difficulty adjustments are the right direction. If done properly both chains could have learned gained a lot of 'in the wild' type experience to make both better.  Even though a *lot* of the surrounding of SC was hype, hype/namebrand is valuable.  The tide could have easily gone "SC for is for small transactions (fast food), BTC is for larger (real estate)".  But at this point I doubt it'll ever regain face.

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I was telling him to squash his pride, shut his mouth and get somebody else to do PR. 
It is amazing how hard it is for someone to do 'nothing'.. I am pretty sure by definition that takes no effort.  Oh well.  I feel I have been polite, and I do not intend to change that.

Dear lord your avatar though, you better win.  And thus owe smoothie bounty money though.
Activity: 154

SC -could- have grown into a great complimentary currency. There were (and are) a set of people who think faster transactions and faster difficulty adjustments are the right direction. If done properly both chains could have learned gained a lot of 'in the wild' type experience to make both better.  Even though a *lot* of the surrounding of SC was hype, hype/namebrand is valuable.  The tide could have easily gone "SC for is for small transactions (fast food), BTC is for larger (real estate)".  But at this point I doubt it'll ever regain face.
Activity: 140
Link: http://solidcointalk.org/topic/139-license-change/page__st__40

I am out of this shit. I Just sold all my shitcoins... RealSolid you are such a fucking idiot, that you don't realize how much of a fucking idiot you are. and you dont know how to say "I was wrong". If you were in front of me I would punch you in the fucking face three times. I am so fucking pissed at you.... you fucking retard. you better hope you are never in my town because I would slap you over the head with a plank. you don't listen to anybody and think you know every thing. your arguments are fucking retarded. currencies are all about confidence not security or how nice the algorithm is behind it.

SolidCoin had so much potential but you have personally destroyed it you fucking faggot.

Interesting post on the solidcointalk.org site. Wonder what pissed this guy off.

Sorry that was me... I was getting so sick of the turd's arrogance. I was trying to explain to him how to save the currency by toning down on the anti-bitcoin foolishness and reverting the license decision. I was telling him to squash his pride, shut his mouth and get somebody else to do PR.  I was telling him this when it was still trading at 0.010 BTC. He just blew me off and made me loose 100BTC.

I could have made 120BTC with 5BTC. instead I only made 20BTC

LOL
Hey so scince we all agreed that Solidcoin is basically dead, and someone please give my Internet buddy(won't mention names) a couple of valid reasons why Solid coin is dead and their is no future?

Even after everything that happened he thinks its for the "Good" of solid coin economy, something about finding a bitcoin client flaw in solidcoin client? IDK maybe someone could clear this claim up?

Well, the reason it was attacked in SolidCoin and not Bitcoin is because doing it in Bitcoin would have -REQUIRED- a very large sum of money as a fee and an attacker couldn't do it repeatedly without running out of money.

Due to one of CoinHunter's coding errors, doing it to SolidCoin cost pretty much nothing.

Now, alongside this, another bug was found. Exploiting the bug in SolidCoin is easy. Exploiting it in Bitcoin is harder, but now the bitcoin devs will handle it. CoinHunter, however, will not: because for his repeated 'important updates' that bug is still there, and the latest, greatest, closed-source stolen client from CoinHunter still has the problem.

Everything that's happened helps Bitcoin. Bitcoin gets to learn from the mistakes. CoinHunter took code he didn't understand, broke it, ArtForz found an incidental bug as a result, and Bitcoin will benefit, but SolidCoin will not, because CoinHunter hasn't been able to figure out a solution -- other than just making SolidCoin be more like Bitcoin and giving up some of his precious "important" features about why SolidCoin is "better" than Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
Hey so scince we all agreed that Solidcoin is basically dead, and someone please give my Internet buddy(won't mention names) a couple of valid reasons why Solid coin is dead and their is no future?

Even after everything that happened he thinks its for the "Good" of solid coin economy, something about finding a bitcoin client flaw in solidcoin client? IDK maybe someone could clear this claim up?
Activity: 392
Netcraft Confirms It: SolidCoin Is Dead

No need for a eulogy.
Interesting post on the solidcointalk.org site. Wonder what pissed this guy off.

Yeah, there's like, 100 things it could have been from CoinHunter alone.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Yes Ruxum server is under heavy load at the moment, which I guess in a way is good news? Anyone needing invites just PM me or ask around, there are plenty to share.

New article posted, we have had some queries from people wondering about SolidCoin dealing with Bitcoins collapse and the future, so we wrote an article detailing some things. There is also a bounty for promoting it, check it out at the site.

http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php

I suggest you remove the article or you just killed SolidCoin.

Most of SolidCoin miners are Bitcoin fanatics, like me.
Without Bitcoin, nobody would ever start to mine your SolidCoin.

Why?
- Bitcoin made this possible for you
- no way to sell them for $ at the start so no one would mine them.

Guess I was right for once  Grin

The article was what did it in for me. After that it was all down hill in my mind.
Pages:
Jump to: