Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 5. (Read 85461 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I have a prob where I have a small amount of BTC that I can't get out of there anymore at all now, the mandatory minimum fee is too large and I can't convert to SC's to take out .... guess it's a mandatory donation now?.... :-(

Same.  I was hoping I could deposit some BTC and then pull the full amount (minus the fees of course).  I realize that the amount I have in there is less than the fee amount to withdraw, so I would actually be losing BTC by doing this.  It's just the "It's mine and I want them" mentality I guess. Smiley  I suppose I don't mind if it's made into a "donation" rather than just being lost into the great big bit bucket in the sky.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
wallet.dat  did you update to 1.04?
Activity: 253
Well this sux.  On top of my missing SolidCoins, I keep getting .log files added to my \database directory every few seconds and each one is nearly 10Mb.  WTF mate?
Activity: 253
Where did all my SolidCoins go?  I just withdrew from Bitparking earlier this morning and they just disappeared.  There's no trace of them in my SC client at all and it's been about 50 blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Latest release of SolidCoin source posted in IRC contains a 'readme' document with the following text:

Copyright (c) 2011 SolidCoin Developers

All changes made by SolidCoin developers require express permission to be used
in other projects, including original the Bitcoin project.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
As a solidcoin supporter, I like to ask you all to stop this pointless flame war.

Before that, I'll like to set the record straight.  Wink

Do you really believe that if you keep repeating "it was a malicious attack, we at SC are clean, BTC guys are idiots", it will make problems go away and everybody forgets why and how this simple attack actually got started?

RealCoin (in IRC) was told that he has a problem in SC code after "fixing" something he did not fully understood. RealSolid told ArtForz, the evil attacker who found the problem, to just fuck off. (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.501363)
(BTW, if I remember correctly, in #solidcoin IRC, someone else told that ArtForz is really good at finding problems)

I am not defending or saying what ArtForz did was correct, but I am actually more pissed off at this pompous RealSolid than ArtForz.
Why? Not because RealSolid fucked up by "fixing" something he did not fully understood (shit happens) but for ignoring a warning from a more experienced developer.

Sorry to say but CoinHunters (noagendamarket in IRC) desperate attempt at damage control wave turned in to a Freshly Squeezed Kool-Aid Super Sale.

I, as a SC supported hope that someone is going to tell this little bitter joker RealCoin to get off he's donkey and start listen to other developers. Especially those people, who have order of magnitude more experience than SC "team of computer scientist" (BS from your own web page!).

RealCoin, Bitcoin is not your enemy! Bitcoin code is the core of your fork. If you do not understand it, go and ask btc developers! No one will think less of you.

I believe, that SC has a future. Yes there is a "but". But if this bull shit and Kool-Aid selling goes on too long, YOU  will kill the SC before it even takes off.

CoinHunter and you minions, before you type up your next pile of solidcoin damaging bull shit, let it simmer there for 10 min, read it again, rewrite it and  then publish.

(sorry, I can not resist, I had to)    Smiley
PS! Smoothie, I am going to call your mom and she is going to whip your pimple covered ass to a real smoothie... and probably stick a banana in to it too... if you do not start playing nice.

Can we now please stop this crap war and move on?
Activity: 481
Merit: 529
He can reuse the same coins for the next large transactions, right?
Yes, the samples I looked at reused the 0.01 coins.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
How did they acquire so many SC's?  (in response to both)  I am 99.99% sure they didn't mine them, **citation (I was actively watching Ruxum and Bitparking at the same time and near instantaneously almost all the market sell orders got swept off the market, twice actually.  So the fee may not have cost them much but buying all those SCs cost a lot of BTCs.  That was where it cost more than 1SC

It's not really costing anything because he could just sell them back for BTC after he's done. The only cost is the transaction fees that he has to pay for this attack. Of course, if SC dies due to his attack, he may be left with a bunch of worthless SC. That's probably still not a lot of money, if that's all it takes to kill SC. 2000 times 0.01 SC? That's only 20 SC (or $2). He can reuse the same coins for the next large transactions, right? Even if not, I can't imagine he needed more than $20 in SC to perform this attack.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1287
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
The attack would be infeasible on BitCoin due to the expense involved.

Whether you mean it or not you are agreeing with me here, the only limiting factor is the expense, you have to remember that these attackers paid a great deal of money in BTC to do this [...]

Can you cite a source for this assertion?  It looks to me as if the attack cost less than 1SC in transaction fees and exchange fees.  A transaction (2cd9782cc39ab8b55...) took a 50sc input and divided it into 2,000 0.01sc and one 29.99sc outputs plus a 0.01 fee.  Later, a few dozen transactions moved about 2,000 inputs to 2,000 outputs, each of 0.01sc, and a 0.01 fee per transaction.  Am I missing something?  Abe query for large transactions: http://john-edwin-tobey.org/scbig.txt

Yeah, because SC transactions are fixed at .01 SC, this attack cost about 1 SC in total fees, which is about $0.10. lol

There's a reason why Bitcoin has variable fees, which makes it expensive for DDoS attacks like these. You don't just go about changing Bitcoin without truly understanding why things are the way they are. And then CoinHunter goes ahead and criticizes the Bitcoin developers for being slow. Well with so much at stake, I'm glad the Bitcoin developers spend a lot of time testing their changes before releasing them. Look what happened when CoinHunter tried to fix this "0.1 SC fixed transaction fee" feature/bug in a hurry. He broke SC even more. Look who's laughing now.
Activity: 481
Merit: 529
The attack would be infeasible on BitCoin due to the expense involved.

Whether you mean it or not you are agreeing with me here, the only limiting factor is the expense, you have to remember that these attackers paid a great deal of money in BTC to do this [...]

Can you cite a source for this assertion?  It looks to me as if the attack cost less than 1SC in transaction fees and exchange fees.  A transaction (2cd9782cc39ab8b55...) took a 50sc input and divided it into 2,000 0.01sc and one 29.99sc outputs plus a 0.01 fee.  Later, a few dozen transactions moved about 2,000 inputs to 2,000 outputs, each of 0.01sc, and a 0.01 fee per transaction.  Am I missing something?  Abe query for large transactions: http://john-edwin-tobey.org/scbig.txt
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
Is solidcoin dying? I heard it got de-listed from an exchange amid numerous security issues.  I hope you guys utilize a better QA process in the future and (from what I have seen on the last couple of pages) don't engage your critics with taunts or insults.  Doing so does not reflect the kind of values of a product that I would want to invest in.

Be fair - It was delisted for usability and reliability issues. It appears to have the same security as BitCoin although the threshold for 51% attacks is far lower.

sd
Seriously, you're getting ridiculous - there were obvious malicious attacks attempted on the network they had to be stopped (and yes it could happen to BTC as well just at a heftier cost, the attackers were willing to loose incredible value to do this they would have just lost more with BTC.  So yes it was a bandaid to essentially shut them down while the permanent solution is put in place after testing and development could be performed on it.  This is akin to a suicide bomber style attack and it could have happened on the BTC network as well if not even easier if the attacker were willing to invest more since BTC transactions are prioritized by the fee, they could essentially grind the network for legitimate transactions to a near halt, whereas with Solidcoin while this was going on I was still happily sending and receiving transactions they were just occurring slower that my normally MUCH faster rate than BTC transfers.  Why don't you go and try to get an education a little bit and understand what was going on before you open your rat trap and look like a childish fool ... for that matter are you in fact a 10 year old? 8? 12? .... certainly not over 16... are you sure you should be surfing the net without your parents permission?

The attack would be infeasible on BitCoin due to the expense involved. All it would do it bloat up the blockchain and make mining more profitable due to transaction fees.

What you call a 'obvious malicious attack' happens to all peer to peer networks and the networks are expected to handle it. I used the example of bittorrent networks before, they handle all kinds of well funded attacks and the only one that half works is tracing IPs and sending lawyer letters. Fixed transaction fees don't solve any problems but they introduce new ones. SolidCoin was broken, BitCoin less so.

It was only a matter of time until someone abused the brokenness.

sd
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
What will likely follow is a crash of solidcoins once again. BOOOM!

Yes, that's a feature not a bug. The network was meant to be unstable hence the crazy difficulty adjustment code. It's a get rich quick scheme.

LOL speculation is a byproduct not a feature. But anyway since there is some issues with the latest update and bitparking has a disable on moving solidcoins, I still say having these issues with the solidcoin network is reason enough for the market to tank.

As did i0coins, so too will solidcoins.

Get ready for the crash of solidcoins as bitcoin lives on!

lol
sd

Yes, that's a feature not a bug. The network was meant to be unstable hence the crazy difficulty adjustment code. It's a get rich quick scheme.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Looks very solid  Grin
legendary
There is a new issue that prevents the bitparking exchange from opening. The new limits stop some transfers from occurring and exchanges hit these pretty easily when withdrawals are made.

Wow. So does that mean that the update was basically a bandaid?

The new update was a rushed and poorly thought though change that broke just as much as it fixed.

You know the right way to fix this? Copy the transaction code from BitCoin. They got it right first time and it's been proven stable.

sd
There is a new issue that prevents the bitparking exchange from opening. The new limits stop some transfers from occurring and exchanges hit these pretty easily when withdrawals are made.

The new update was a rushed and poorly thought though change that broke just as much as it fixed.

You know the right way to fix this? Copy the transaction code from BitCoin. They got it right first time and it's been proven stable.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
smoothie, you are starting to embarrass yourself.  Please just shut up before it is too late. Smiley
One more thing, Smoothie, because money means everything to you, I just like to point out that your earnings trading coin are mediocre at best. Smiley Please, keep the day job making milkshakes and pealing bananas. Only real losers brag how much money they made (and usually this gain is imaginary) 

Solidcoin dude(s), please get yourself a better spoke person and keep this delusional programmer guy away from the public. Let him program, hes is probably good at it.
If he starts telling you, he is the best in the world and starts admiring hes reflection in the monitor, let him go and find another one.
Last thing you need is shitty PR. Honestly, your product is good. Do not let it get fucked up buy your own teams bloated egos.

Less yapping, more coding (BTC team, this for you too)!  Keep up the good work!

PS! Solidcoin dude(s), if you are just a one guy with a multiple personality disorder, please get better meds and keep the good You around. Dump the rest, thy shit where they eat.

Wow I did not realize I could get FREE counseling from a retarded eskimo on this forum. LOL

Yeah I suppose making 427 BTC in 3 weeks is mediocre when cashing them out at $10 roughly that's $4270 for what 20 hours of work? LOL.

Don't quit your ice-fishing job to be a counselor, you're not very effective at it. BWAHAHAHA! lol

Dude, use a degree.

Then you can make that every 20 hours for a lifetime.

It's called being rich.

Oh thanks your the advice. What are you netting right now while living in your parents' home?

HAHAHA holy shit I had no idea you were the one on this thread I made that comment to until I came back and looked.

Dude, I work in a hospital.

Later.
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: