Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 4. (Read 85461 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Anyone notice that the solidcoin blockchain appears to be growing by about 1 MB every few hours.
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
It doesn't. Selling BTC for fiat is the only way BTC goes down in value.
Well, I assumed they were selling the BTC for fiat after they're done with profiting from the *coins. After all, prospects of BTC doesn't look very good ATM.
Activity: 112
Most people buying these fork chain coins are those that already have BTC's and are getting in some in case one of them sticks.

I mined some i0coins when they came out. Same with SolidCoins. Didn't go all in on either chain, but figured, you know, if they end up worth something later, grabbing some while the grabbing is easy isn't a bad idea. The power I threw into each one would have gotten me, like, $10 worth of Bitcoins so it's not as if I have some big loss if that never happens.

I have no reason to believe people are buying BTC's to purchase Fork coins.

Now. I do believe in one thing that may be effecting the price. All this crap and soap opera BS going on in the forums.

There's been no shortage of it, and it's not just the forks. The revelations about Bruce Wagner were a big start. The ridiculous trolling some of that turned into ain't helping. It went so far as a user being thrown off the forum for threatening others, after all, and even -that- got a couple threads of its own and has been dragging on for days.

Some of this stuff I'm perfectly willing to go voice my opinion on -- and then there's been plenty of it I don't wanna touch with a 10-hop pole. :/

I'm pretty confident that Bitcoin's fundamentals will survive this, though. And future forks still have a shot if they're done right. I do think that most outside people are at least smart enough to take some of the animosity between chains for what it is: competition. Same as how, say, IBM and HP will bash each other when they get the chance. Work at a place with both Sun and HP giant rack servers and get an IBM field tech on the premises and walk him by the not-IBM hardware, and watch the fun, -ESPECIALLY- if the problem involves, say, the HP and IBM machines not seeing each other on the network and a switch from Cisco. Smiley
Activity: 383
IXcoin - hit hard at 16 difficulty made 600 BTC in 7 days
I0coin - Not as good 200 BTC

I am sure these profits contributed to the recent consistent losses in BTC value. The more scams and unfair profits people make and they sell off their BTC profits, this brings the BTC value down. I guess we all knew that things like this would happen when we got into it...  Undecided

I would love to see the mathematical equation on exactly how buying IXC or anything else for that matter with BTC devalues BTC?

Most people buying these fork chain coins are those that already have BTC's and are getting in some in case one of them sticks.

I have no reason to believe people are buying BTC's to purchase Fork coins.

Now. I do believe in one thing that may be effecting the price. All this crap and soap opera BS going on in the forums.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
ohh I never had any doubt that there was profit in these scams for someone.

SC - missed it all together  Angry

We are getting way off topic here but I hope you sold your BTC too,  because it keeps melting to a puddle of dog piss... like a yellow snow.
So, can we say that all the *coins are actually a big joke on all of us? Lets hope not!
But one thing is for sure. Faster we mine the BTC, faster it will lose it's value - supply just exceeds the demand and I guess <8 USD a pop speaks in volumes.
Please,  do not tell me how it used to cost a 0.0whatever. I do not care! Important is, how it will be priced in the near future.
I know, Mr Greed will not let you do that but for the BTC sake, stop mining and flooding the market! (or find a way how a real world business can and WANTS to actually use it)
What about solidcoin? It needs a new team and only then it has a future.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
Anybody know what the current block # is?  I'm at around 19K and still downloading :-/

Anybody can see some quick bitcoin stats by going to my daemon page(including block number)

www.cheaperinbitcoins.com/daemon

or my 50 other domains to prevent phishing
www.cheaperincoins.com/daemon
www.cheaperwithcoins.com/daemon
www.cheaperincoins.net/daemon

i have more....
Thanks.  It seems I'm stuck at 28416 with the 1.04 client.  Ugh.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
Anybody know what the current block # is?  I'm at around 19K and still downloading :-/

Anybody know what the current block # is?  I'm at around 19K and still downloading :-/
Activity: 64

I am sure these profits contributed to the recent consistent losses in BTC value. The more scams and unfair profits people make and they sell off their BTC profits, this brings the BTC value down. I guess we all knew that things like this would happen when we got into it...  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Payouts for the Bitparking pool and exchange are slightly slow at the moment due to what appears to be a solidcoin bug where the client lags behind the real blockchain. This results in long transaction confirmation times. I've updated the exchange page with this information, along with other solidcoin issues I hit while using it.
Unfortunately due to bugs in SolidCoin some withdrawals may take a while to confirm. The solidcoin client is getting 'stuck' on some blocks and lagging behind the main blockchain.

These bugs being introduced to SolidCoin make it difficult to use by sites. Other bugs introduced by SolidCoin that have caused issues with the exchange include:

The fixed 0.01 SC transaction fee allowed large spam transactions to be created cheaply. These transactions caused nodes to crash (this is why Ruxum stopped taking SolidCoin) and extra disk space and CPU time to process.
    The fix to deal with the transaction fee above was to reduce the allowed transaction sizes. This caused issues in the exchange when processing withdrawals as they often exceeded this size due to wallet fragmentation. The exchange had to stop deposits and withdrawals until a fix was obtained.
    Old clients not containing the transaction fee changes above (1.02 and below) can send transactions over the 4KB limit introduced above. These will not make it onto the network and will stay at 0/unconfirmed forever. This was made worse by the SolidCoin developers not updating the website with clients newer than 1.02 for some time.

All of the above bugs are new and introduced by the SolidCoin developers.
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
Fuck Coinhuner/RealSolid

smoothie, sit on your hands for few hours.

Rest of you relax, some people are working their asses off right now to get it all fixed. We can move on without the Coinhuner/RealSolid crap.

Lets turn those asspennies to real solidcoins!

I'm sorry your maniacal patron destroyed the value you thought you held.

I believe there are good reasons that "alternate" blockchains haven't managed to hold their own, in general, above 1% of BTC for a respectable length of time.

To anyone considering holding any real money in this stuff, it'd pay dividends, literally, to seriously consider where the value is and why.  I suggest mises.org is a gold mine that might give one ideas to chew on.

Satoshi was quite a bit smarter than most seem to give credit.  He may not have gotten everything right, but daily the accumulation of evidence is that he got far more right than he got wrong.  Respect!
Activity: 112
Wow...

Yo Coinhunter, remember how you said you thought I was bad with money and that I'd be kicking myself for not buying at these prices (which at the time were .15)?

Retraction please?

I predict SolidCoin 1.05's license will say you're not allowed to use it. After all, it's closed source, and he already specifically tried to attack the Bitcoin people in his "license."
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
Wow...

Yo Coinhunter, remember how you said you thought I was bad with money and that I'd be kicking myself for not buying at these prices (which at the time were .15)?

Retraction please?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Where did all my SolidCoins go?  I just withdrew from Bitparking earlier this morning and they just disappeared.  There's no trace of them in my SC client at all and it's been about 50 blocks.
There are issues with the solidcoin client and network causing delays in confirmations in some transactions. This is related to the transaction and block limit sizes recently introduced as well as the developer keeping the 1.02 client available for download on the solidcoin site even though 1.03 and 1.031 were released. It's even possible for transfers from the 1.02 client to be forever stuck at 0/unconfirmed due to the new rules in the later versions not accepting them. If you still have not got the funds in 24 hours, PM me with the address you withdrew to and I'll track down what the issue is.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Rest of you relax, some people are working their asses off right now to get it all fixed. We can move on without the Coinhuner/RealSolid crap.

Lets turn those asspennies to real solidcoins!

Get the bull shit free client form:  [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Note on http://sc.btcguild.com:

Due to licensing changes in SolidCoin, the arrogance of the developer, and his complete lack of respect to developers of the project he based his entire project on, SC Guild will be going offline on September 11th (one week from this notice). Any developer of a massive online platform should welcome bug reports and fix them, not cry and complain when someone uses them to prove the point that the developer refused to acknowledge.

The pool will keep functioning until September 7th, to give users time to change their miners. Payouts will stop being available at noon on September 11th (PDT).

This is your one week warning. After that week is up, SC Guild will be gone and it will NOT be coming back.

Bye Bye!

All pools should close shop, even for Bitcoin. lol
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Note on http://sc.btcguild.com:

Due to licensing changes in SolidCoin, the arrogance of the developer, and his complete lack of respect to developers of the project he based his entire project on, SC Guild will be going offline on September 11th (one week from this notice). Any developer of a massive online platform should welcome bug reports and fix them, not cry and complain when someone uses them to prove the point that the developer refused to acknowledge.

The pool will keep functioning until September 7th, to give users time to change their miners. Payouts will stop being available at noon on September 11th (PDT).

This is your one week warning. After that week is up, SC Guild will be gone and it will NOT be coming back.

wallet.dat  did you update to 1.04?

Yes sir I did.  And still no trace of my Bitcoins I withdrew from Bitparking and Coinotron. 
Pages:
Jump to: