Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 3. (Read 85461 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Yes Ruxum server is under heavy load at the moment, which I guess in a way is good news? Anyone needing invites just PM me or ask around, there are plenty to share.

New article posted, we have had some queries from people wondering about SolidCoin dealing with Bitcoins collapse and the future, so we wrote an article detailing some things. There is also a bounty for promoting it, check it out at the site.

http://solidcoin.info/solidcoin-ready-for-bitcoin-collapse.php

I suggest you remove the article or you just killed SolidCoin.

Most of SolidCoin miners are Bitcoin fanatics, like me.
Without Bitcoin, nobody would ever start to mine your SolidCoin.

Why?
- Bitcoin made this possible for you
- no way to sell them for $ at the start so no one would mine them.

Guess I was right for once  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Link: http://solidcointalk.org/topic/139-license-change/page__st__40

I am out of this shit. I Just sold all my shitcoins... RealSolid you are such a fucking idiot, that you don't realize how much of a fucking idiot you are. and you dont know how to say "I was wrong". If you were in front of me I would punch you in the fucking face three times. I am so fucking pissed at you.... you fucking retard. you better hope you are never in my town because I would slap you over the head with a plank. you don't listen to anybody and think you know every thing. your arguments are fucking retarded. currencies are all about confidence not security or how nice the algorithm is behind it.

SolidCoin had so much potential but you have personally destroyed it you fucking faggot.

Interesting post on the solidcointalk.org site. Wonder what pissed this guy off.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Was 119 MB now 2 hours later 122 MB. Was at the top end of 119 MB when I first checked 2 hours ago.

EDIT: only 88.5 MB now after I shut down the client and started it back up.
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
His reaction was that SC is basically bullet proof and blew me off.

Gross.. I always thought coinhunter would do anything for money.
Some people are seeing that folder consume a few gigabytes. However the actual "blocks" which are stored in blk0001.dat give you the size of the chain at the moment. You can clear the "database" directory and __db files after shutting down the client if it hasn't done so for you already and it will free up the space.

Wow. You have calmed down. Did your meds turn up then?

Now lets not poke the lion with a stick.
sd
Activity: 730
Merit: 500
Some people are seeing that folder consume a few gigabytes. However the actual "blocks" which are stored in blk0001.dat give you the size of the chain at the moment. You can clear the "database" directory and __db files after shutting down the client if it hasn't done so for you already and it will free up the space.

Wow. You have calmed down. Did your meds turn up then?
Activity: 252
Pretty sure I was around 90 MB yesterday (24 hrs ago). now 119 MB.

Hmm.. mine has not been. I have his 1.04 version running and it is not been increasing in size faster than normal.

What do you consider a normal rate of increase, then?

Well for the last half hour it has stayed at 119 MB. appdata/roaming/solidcoin. I will check it again in an hour.

Two hours ago it was 53MB

What is it now for you?

Pretty sure I was around 90 MB yesterday (24 hrs ago). now 119 MB.
Hmm.. mine has not been. I have his 1.04 version running and it is not been increasing in size faster than normal.

Well for the last half hour it has stayed at 119 MB. appdata/roaming/solidcoin. I will check it again in an hour.

It still is, not sure where people are getting this idea the blockchain is blowing out....

There is a database issue that has to be fixed as it's creating excessively large log files in some instances thanks to artforz attack.
legendary

What is it now for you?

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.

That's when the hacker artforz began attacking the network, it will take a little time to get over his "spam" blocks.

I have  a feeling that 1.05 MANDATORY update will be coming in the next few days. Another major exploit has been found and is currently being executed.

What exploit is that?

I picked up on it in IRC, it's another block chain inflation that exploits a feature in 1.04. If you will notice the block chain is increasing size a lot faster than normal.

I'm not. lol

Hopefully 1.05 will be useful for at least a few days. Some people are making good money (as in, bitcoins) by mining SC, and selling them to the morons who think a currency will rise when all anyone wants to do is sell it for bitcoins. SolidCoin: Solid Profit for Bitcoin Miners.
legendary
I picked up on it in IRC, it's another block chain inflation that exploits a feature in 1.04. If you will notice the block chain is increasing size a lot faster than normal.

I guess then coinhunter/realsolid just put another bandaid on the problem and someone found a way to get around it huh. Interesting.

Please don't tell me you're actually surprised. Smiley

I'm not. lol

I guess then coinhunter/realsolid just put another bandaid on the problem and someone found a way to get around it huh. Interesting.

Please don't tell me you're actually surprised. Smiley
legendary
Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.

That's when the hacker artforz began attacking the network, it will take a little time to get over his "spam" blocks.

I have  a feeling that 1.05 MANDATORY update will be coming in the next few days. Another major exploit has been found and is currently being executed.

What exploit is that?

legendary

What exploit is that?
Anybody else stuck on block 28364?  I've wiped my entire SolidCoin directory, including the AppData (saved my .conf and wallet.dat though) and started from scratch with 1.04 and it still gets stuck on that block.

Activity: 253
It's growing by about 9MB every 3 or 4 seconds for me.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm referring to the logs. 
Pages:
Jump to: