Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs - page 11. (Read 227527 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
I'm being a smartarse Smiley

I got BTC5 riding on BFL delivering before 1st March. (That's currently US$153.25 folks!)
You shall bet with something else:) That bet is lost....Better bet is to buy avalon from second batch if possible and the chance to get it before any BFL asic is still good enough:)
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
I'm being a smartarse Smiley

I got BTC5 riding on BFL delivering before 1st March. (That's currently US$153.25 folks!)

How many $$$ are you going to lose in this bet? http://bitbet.us/bet/7/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-march-1st/

I'm not going to give specifics, but...

More than $10, but less than $10,000.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
... I'm just getting pissed off at this WHOLE situation. ...

Understandable.

How many $$$ are you going to lose in this bet? http://bitbet.us/bet/7/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-march-1st/

Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 868

My sister works for an outfit (Rassah knows which one) that ships products to convenience stores like 7-11. She recently got promoted from being on the floor to an office-type position scheduling the fleet of drivers. I asked her how many emails she handles a day in that capacity. She said 2-3 hundred, of which she said she could handle more, for she's bored shitless and prefers to be back on the floor where it's more challenging, albeit pays less.

I asked her how she does it, and she said it's easy. I answer all that I know the answer to, and the ones I don't, I know which person should know the answer and pass the email to them. She also said a couple times she's sent to an incorrect person, but they relayed the email to correct department to make sure the concern is addressed properly.

And my sister's an idiot! Not in the derogatory sense, but knowing her command of the English language, making the classical mistakes we've all seen here (allot, their/there/they're, etc.). Yet, she handles the position well enough, allowing the system to function properly. Out of the pool of people wanting the position, she was the most qualified.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, there's no less than 6 people doing customer service at BFL. 500 emails a day divided by 6 people is... Divide that by 8 hours, and you have...

Again, not a diss, and did not take the time to proofread this post.

~Bruno K~

You can also write a generic email for certain types of common queries and mail merge it - so you can literally reply to 100s of emails with the same type of query at the same time (the program fills in user-specific data).  This allows you plenty of time to write individual responses to the few emails which actually need them.
Pretty cute that every post of mine here gets deleted.  Sick censorship.  Gmaxwell, I presume.

I agree, you're posts should NEVER be deleted.

It's the only way people know how much of a corrupt, slimy, stalkerish, cowardly, egotistical, and the unethical blowhard you are.
legendary
Activity: 1610

BFL seriously fucked a ton of suckers up the ass with their PRE-ORDER bullshit.

Grin Grin Grin

dude, they're all guilty of it.

Avalon "SHIPPED" 4.5 weeks ago!  Only 2 (maybe 3?) still delivered.

bASIC?  pre-order and fall over.

I'd shut the fuck up if I were you, NOT ONE company has delivered mass ASIC yet.

NOT BLOODY ANY ONE OF EM!!

Dude,
I am not going to argue with you:) But if i were BFL customer and there is no single proof that chips are OK i will be concerned. There are already passed 10 days or so  and there is no single proof that chips are ok:). Prove the opposite if i am wrong.

Just to refresh your memory - for that amount of time (10 days after receiving the chips) Avalon team made Working unit with cgminer and shipped it to Jef:) Do you remember that fact???

So Pray to good that chips are ok. Then pray to good that after some time BFL will start to ship:)

BFL seriously fucked a ton of suckers up the ass with their PRE-ORDER bullshit.

Grin Grin Grin

dude, they're all guilty of it.

Avalon "SHIPPED" 4.5 weeks ago!  Only 2 (maybe 3?) still delivered.

bASIC?  pre-order and fall over.

I'd shut the fuck up if I were you, NOT ONE company has delivered mass ASIC yet.

NOT BLOODY ANY ONE OF EM!!

EDIT : Sorry to crack it.  I'm just getting pissed off at this WHOLE situation.  I wish ASICs for bitcoin mining had never been thought up.  It's just giving everyone the shits and starting arguments amongst ourselves. 
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Why don't they say that in public? Like i say 'POOR COMMUNICATIONS/WHITE LIES'.
I know of no business that secretly sends info out to their fanbois only.

Actually, there was a public post made saying that 53 units had been shipped and that if they didn't make it out of China prior to 2 February then they wouldn't arrive at their destination until after CNY.  That post implied that they wouldn't ship any more units until they knew everything had gone OK with those units (they said they'd used a different route, but didn't elaborate).

If they've been assembling the units themselves, there's no reason why assembly couldn't have continued throughout the holiday period.  Two Chinese vendors I use are resuming shipping today - the question is whether Avalon will ship any units they've assembled during the holiday period ASAP or whether they'll wait until they know the batch of 53 already shipped have been delivered without problems (because you really don't want to use that method with larger quantities until you know there are no problems with it).

Avalon have never regarded themselves as accountable to anyone other than their customers and have tended to communicate with them directly rather than through the forums.  It's a different business model than BFL's and you can't really compare the two.  A company of 22 people which has a dedicated customer service team (as BFL claims to have) should definitely be able to provide something better than "probably by June" in response to customer questions about when they'll receive their order - and should be capable of answering 500 emails if that's what it takes to keep customers informed (what do their customer service team at BFL actually do all day if they don't have time to respond to emails).

In re. 500 emails:

My sister works for an outfit (Rassah knows which one) that ships products to convenience stores like 7-11. She recently got promoted from being on the floor to an office-type position scheduling the fleet of drivers. I asked her how many emails she handles a day in that capacity. She said 2-3 hundred, of which she said she could handle more, for she's bored shitless and prefers to be back on the floor where it's more challenging, albeit pays less.

I asked her how she does it, and she said it's easy. I answer all that I know the answer to, and the ones I don't, I know which person should know the answer and pass the email to them. She also said a couple times she's sent to an incorrect person, but they relayed the email to correct department to make sure the concern is addressed properly.

And my sister's an idiot! Not in the derogatory sense, but knowing her command of the English language, making the classical mistakes we've all seen here (allot, their/there/they're, etc.). Yet, she handles the position well enough, allowing the system to function properly. Out of the pool of people wanting the position, she was the most qualified.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, there's no less than 6 people doing customer service at BFL. 500 emails a day divided by 6 people is... Divide that by 8 hours, and you have...

Again, not a diss, and did not take the time to proofread this post.

~Bruno K~
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Chargeback would only work for those who paid with Paypal. For everyone else, if BFL does fail and implode you can look to the bASIC threads for guidance. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
So what happens when they can't ship out any actually products that actually work?

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Whilst BFL provide zero proof other than something that looks like somewhere where they made/make their FPGA products my BTC stays in my wallet.

Avalon have faired no better, they spent all Batch#1 money on making a few prototypes and now have Batch#2 funds to work with to fulfill outstanding orders.

Both have run roughshod over their consumer base with unrealistic timescales, poor communications/white lies and are playing high risk business strategies.

They are both running too close to the wire for me to invest yet, so whilst BTC is on the up anyone with any sense should keep their wallets firmly closed unless you can afford to loose out, only then are the potential gains worth anything.
I was told in PM that they didn't have any problems with manufacturing.

Only with clearing customs because the CNY was on top of them.

I periodically import industry materials from china (including liquid/powder kind of restricted items) through BeiJing's international logitstic agencies, and the shipping time is usually around 1 week (even during new year), not even a single time they were stopped by customs  Wink

Maybe they are just waiting for BFL to finish their test, and start the shipping at the same time, so that the playing field is more even for all the gamers  Grin They have the card anyway
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
So what happens when they can't ship out any actually products that actually work?

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance
Activity: 486
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Pics from Kano's trip: http://198.245.60.111/Pix/

well at least we know they can sell cases

Excuse me, but the technical term is "Boxes of Fans".
Activity: 756
Pics from Kano's trip: http://198.245.60.111/Pix/

well at least we know they can sell cases
Activity: 868

Actually, there was a public post made saying that 53 units had been shipped and that if they didn't make it out of China prior to 2 February then they wouldn't arrive at their destination until after CNY.  That post implied that they wouldn't ship any more units until they knew everything had gone OK with those units (they said they'd used a different route, but didn't elaborate).

If they've been assembling the units themselves, there's no reason why assembly couldn't have continued throughout the holiday period.  Two Chinese vendors I use are resuming shipping today - the question is whether Avalon will ship any units they've assembled during the holiday period ASAP or whether they'll wait until they know the batch of 53 already shipped have been delivered without problems (because you really don't want to use that method with larger quantities until you know there are no problems with it).

Avalon have never regarded themselves as accountable to anyone other than their customers and have tended to communicate with them directly rather than through the forums.  It's a different business model than BFL's and you can't really compare the two.  A company of 22 people which has a dedicated customer service team (as BFL claims to have) should definitely be able to provide something better than "probably by June" in response to customer questions about when they'll receive their order - and should be capable of answering 500 emails if that's what it takes to keep customers informed (what do their customer service team at BFL actually do all day if they don't have time to respond to emails).
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Whilst BFL provide zero proof other than something that looks like somewhere where they made/make their FPGA products my BTC stays in my wallet.

Avalon have faired no better, they spent all Batch#1 money on making a few prototypes and now have Batch#2 funds to work with to fulfill outstanding orders.

Both have run roughshod over their consumer base with unrealistic timescales, poor communications/white lies and are playing high risk business strategies.

They are both running too close to the wire for me to invest yet, so whilst BTC is on the up anyone with any sense should keep their wallets firmly closed unless you can afford to loose out, only then are the potential gains worth anything.

It isn't a secret and I believe they have said that before.

The only problem is everyone prefers the other theory that they had manufacturing problems. I can say I was guilty of thinking that as well at some point.

Face it CNY is a convenient excuse. 297 units still not delivered.
The simple fact they are acting so suspiciously should raise eyebrows in anyone with an ounce of common sense.

Note. I have chosen to believe they have some integrity but little business sense and haven't run off with your money. Time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

It isn't a secret and I believe they have said that before.

The only problem is everyone prefers the other theory that they had manufacturing problems. I can say I was guilty of thinking that as well at some point.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: