Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs - page 9. (Read 227503 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
From the information available it looks like development started in March 2013. The rest of the time before that seems to consist of Marketing and developing those sexy cases.  Cheesy
And conning everyone into investing without giving them SHIT FUCK ALL
Goddamned con artist on thier lead staff Nailed everyone
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
From the information available it looks like development on the board and chips started in March 2013. The rest of the time before that seems to consist of marketing and developing those sexy cases.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
Shipping always starts the last half of whatever the current month is...

"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of October 2012."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of November 2012."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of December 2012."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of January 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of March 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013."

FTFY.
Activity: 617
Merit: 531
Really looking forward to all my BFL ASICs

This is an excellent exercise in patience.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
Would it be possible to get a new shipping estimate from an official BFL employee?

I didn't find up to date information on the BFL website.

Asking on the official BFL forums, I only got trolled & ridiculed, no valuable information was given to me.

"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of January 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of March 2013."
"Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013."

Also from the horses FAQ mouth.. Any orders made in April 2013 + 4-6 Months for delivery!  Wink

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showwiki.php?title=FAQ:Real+Shipping+Estimate&do=article#post22854
Question:
 How long before I receive my units?

Answer:
 Could be 4-6 months if you ordered in early April!
This years april or next years? Butterfly labs is a Full YEAR behind schedual, They fucking conned everyone into investing without dividends or shares. FUCKING THIEVES.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Would it be possible to get a new shipping estimate from an official BFL employee?

Asking on the official BFL forums, I only got trolled & ridiculed, no valuable information was given to me.

Also from the horses FAQ mouth.. Any orders made in April 2013 + 4-6 Months for delivery!  Wink

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showwiki.php?title=FAQ:Real+Shipping+Estimate&do=article#post22854
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

It's right on the order page.

Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of April 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 2 months or more after order. All sales are final.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

I wonder why.

They say in April.

Right. ...and in a couple weeks they'll say "May, maybe sooner, but expect shipping in May".

2014?
Activity: 434

I wonder why.

They say in April.

Right. ...and in a couple weeks they'll say "May, maybe sooner, but expect shipping in May".
Activity: 466

I wonder why.

They say in April.
legendary
Activity: 1190

There is an algorithm for calculating the current estimated shipping date for BFL ASICs.

Today + 1 month = ETA.

You can use that equation at any moment in time to find out exactly when BFL is going to ship.
Activity: 1162

donator
Activity: 294
Not worth anything. BFL has not delivered its product. The bet is WON. "Butterfly Labs will not ship" before April 1.

I agree, but betsofbitco.in said it was a draw!

http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=701

WTF??

I have no money in this.  Clearly by the bet rules BFL did not ship.  I can not see how betsofbitco.in maintains credibility with this decision.

The primary reason is the title of the bet itself and the word SHIP.  Nothing has shipped.  Case closed.  Beyond that:

"Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee. "

I fail to understand how betsofbitcoin can claim both that titles DO count in bets, and that this one was a draw. Clearly BFL did not ship anything. Total loss of credibility.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
Not worth anything. BFL has not delivered its product. The bet is WON. "Butterfly Labs will not ship" before April 1.

WTF??

I have no money in this.  Clearly by the bet rules BFL did not ship.  I can not see how betsofbitco.in maintains credibility with this decision.

The primary reason is the title of the bet itself and the word SHIP.  Nothing has shipped.  Case closed.  Beyond that:

"Before April 1st 2013, at least one BFL customer with a bitcointalk.org forum account established prior to the bet's opening date shall post detailed and credible photos of the device on the forum, including photos of it operating, and report its hashrate. This customer cannot be a BFL employee. "

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
TokenUnion-Get Rewarded for Holding Crypto

WTF??
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
this seems to show they had a fan propped up next to it (at least during this video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4bgho5JSI

legendary
Activity: 1064
[...]
Surprisingly the board seems to be running fine for quite some time (at least according to the graph on eligius for the mining address used I saw earlier, can't find it again).

Here we go: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

Probably better to have it in more than one thread I suppose.
Activity: 896
How do you dissipate 180 W with such a small heatsink w/o active cooling (fan)?
That's not possible. Or the chips are running @ 150+ °C, so they will die within a few days. Or hours.

According to Luke-Jr there is a fan not shown on the picture, but I agree :
  • there is no forced airflow through the fins (the fan can only be on the side as it isn't on the picture)
  • the heatsink fins are tightly spaced (optimized for high airflow)

So even if there is a fan it can't be very effective. I can't imagine the heatsink being anywhere good enough to keep chips generating 100+W cool. If you ever had a 100W CPU crunching data with a fan failure even with a case fan just next to the CPU you know this can't last long.

180W in this space is just a fire hazard. Surprisingly the board seems to be running fine for quite some time (at least according to the graph on eligius for the mining address used I saw earlier, can't find it again).
So either something is missing or a large part of the power is dissipated in the power brick (someone should check how hot it is).
donator
Activity: 543
How do you dissipate 180 W with such a small heatsink w/o active cooling (fan)?
That's not possible. Or the chips are running @ 150+ °C, so they will die within a few days. Or hours.
Activity: 148
Merit: 102
With no fans on there, I'm assuming the heatsink is doing its job. Maybe it really is just the board itself drawing too much power. I'm not sure why they went with an aluminum finned sink when the idea is compactness. I guess with the original power estimates it would have been plenty and much lighter.
Pages:
Jump to: