Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs - page 14. (Read 227527 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Summary: Lots of activity, lots of preparation, lots of hardware ready to be assembled, but no sign of the actual chips which are in the bumping facility...
I'm rather surprised BFL doesn't have 'something' to show them. A jalepeno or two, perhaps at low speed, working.

After all, didn't they get some quantity of sample chips in back in December when it was determined that the original package type chosen had inadequate heat dissipation?

What, did they fry *all* of them?

-- edit --

And that would be sufficient for the software guys to work with.

The communication protocol won't have changed, just the physical implementation, with the chips in their new package type.

From what little Josh has said in the last few days, they're going to test with some unpackaged chips once the bumping is done.
Activity: 896
BFL is a failure like none other. They claimed to have venture capital for their R&D yet...if that was TRUE they should have just did the R&D quietly until they had the product then sell it.
They had to announce ASICs and a trade-in program.

When they did Enterpoint just brought their Quad-Spartan on the market with pre-order prices cheaper than BFL's own FPGA offer for approximately the same hashing speed and with nice delays. If they hadn't promised ASICs at the time with a trade-in option their cash-flow would have greatly suffered.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Summary: Lots of activity, lots of preparation, lots of hardware ready to be assembled, but no sign of the actual chips which are in the bumping facility...
I'm rather surprised BFL doesn't have 'something' to show them. A jalepeno or two, perhaps at low speed, working.

After all, didn't they get some quantity of sample chips in back in December when it was determined that the original package type chosen had inadequate heat dissipation?

What, did they fry *all* of them?

-- edit --

And that would be sufficient for the software guys to work with.

The communication protocol won't have changed, just the physical implementation, with the chips in their new package type.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
kano's silence is also deafening.  He's over in the US to report to the community on BFL's progress and hasn't posted anything since he got there.

Maybe he is being reprogrammed in BFLs basement right now with the brainwashing machine they hooked Inaba up to last year.

EDIT: Or not.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
They should have stuck with the original plan of Josh baby-sitting the chips once they left the fab - at least then BFL might have some clue what's going on. As it stands, Josh doesn't even know what's going on at the bumping facility because he can't get in touch with his contact.  

kano's silence is also deafening.  He's over in the US to report to the community on BFL's progress and hasn't posted anything since he got there.
Actually he's been exclusively talking at length on IRC in the cgminer channel.

They should have stuck with the original plan of Josh baby-sitting the chips once they left the fab - at least then BFL might have some clue what's going on. As it stands, Josh doesn't even know what's going on at the bumping facility because he can't get in touch with his contact.  

kano's silence is also deafening.  He's over in the US to report to the community on BFL's progress and hasn't posted anything since he got there.
Activity: 297
For people that paid by paypal, make sure you are still in your 120 day chargeback window for Visa and Mastercard.  As you have probably seen in the bASIC thread, some people couldn't get their money back because they were past the 120 day mark.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
BFL is a failure like none other. They claimed to have venture capital for their R&D yet...if that was TRUE they should have just did the R&D quietly until they had the product then sell it.

No need for customer pre-order money.

The way I see it is that BFL conned people into giving up their bitcoins/capital as more like a loan with 0% interest and in fact negative interest in terms of bitcoin and those suckers who did buy into it....will only get a piece of hardware that can mine (in a best case scanerio) 25% of the bitcoins it could have had it been released in the summer. 25% is a best case scenario.

BFL seriously fucked a ton of suckers up the ass with their PRE-ORDER bullshit.

Grin Grin Grin
legendary
"give me BTC and I'll give you BTC hardware to mine BTC...at what rate...is anyone's guess. But it is a "BARGAIN"....instead of letting your investment go up 600% in 8 months, just give it to me and I'll ensure the difficulty of mining goes up too before you can start mining with this SUPER DUPER ASIC HARDWARE."

Grin Grin Grin
Jody's putting the shipping date for BFL orders made now at May-June.  This means that when BFL ships, those people who want to use their discount vouchers in order to be "compensated" for the original delay are going to have to wait at least 2-3 months for delivery of their additional units.  They can't wait until BFL has caught up with production to order as the vouchers expire within 60 days.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/85-perennial-question-when-will-my-order-ship.html
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Perhaps a popup company embedded something into one of thier many ads?
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
How did that happen?

But all look fine :S

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.butterflylabs.com%2F&client=googlechrome&hl=en

What is the current listing status for www.butterflylabs.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-15, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (26496).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.butterflylabs.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Not anymore it doesn't

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.butterflylabs.com

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Of the 12 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-02-16.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including sweepstakesandcontestsdo.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including tureac50custome.rr.nu/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS19969 (JOESDATACENTER), AS26496 (26496).
legendary
Yep, BFL updated their website... But I see they're still using that scammy/scummy sales tactic of downplaying the time it will take to receive the product.

They use this exact wording on the order now page: "Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue."

If you didn't read these forums, you would not know that you aren't receiving your unit until much later than February. There are so many pre-orders ahead of people ordering right now + they don't even have a working prototype. The "pre-order terms" on the order now page make it seem like you'll be getting your ASIC in February too with the people at the front of the line, when in reality it will most likely be July or later.

BFL are such sleaze balls with their scummy marketing.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Yep, BFL updated their website... But I see they're still using that scammy/scummy sales tactic of downplaying the time it will take to receive the product.

They use this exact wording on the order now page: "Pre-order Terms: Bitforce SC (ASIC) products are in final stage development with initial shipping scheduled for the last half of February 2013. Products are shipped according to placement in the order queue."

If you didn't read these forums, you would not know that you aren't receiving your unit until much later than February. There are so many pre-orders ahead of people ordering right now + they don't even have a working prototype. The "pre-order terms" on the order now page make it seem like you'll be getting your ASIC in February too with the people at the front of the line, when in reality it will most likely be July or later.

BFL are such sleaze balls with their scummy marketing.

What is wrong with your website?

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!

Nothing of course. Except when you point out specifics of their website you get  deleted. Wouldn't want people to know things that are a Google away.
legendary
Activity: 1022

They finally update the web

But all look fine :S

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.butterflylabs.com%2F&client=googlechrome&hl=en

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Of the 6 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-15, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (26496).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.butterflylabs.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Activity: 428
I'm glad I didn't order an Avalon unit.............I'd be REALLY PISSED by now,not having a tracking # for my shipment or even an email explaining why that wasn't done  Angry

Plus NO POST in any forum explaining anything related to a shipping update  Angry

Yeah, BitSyncom is too busy arguing with Kano in this thread to do any actual Avalon work.

I ordered 2 avalon in batch 2 so I'm worried too about not even received one email for confirming order to clarify ( even if received confirmation with support, By Bitsyncom) Anyway I think the attitude of Bitsyncom reflect chinese and also engenier attidude, meaning not good for customers handling and communications. Additionaly he looks like proud (and I would be too) and also sure to deliver in time which sounds good for customer as what we wll finally want is to get an asic front of our doors soon to be in firsts to mine with...Anyway the first Asic we all seen mining is an Avalon and that's enought for me. Someone paying for the NRE would be dumb to stop then...So I guess its jsut a matter of day.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
I'm glad I didn't order an Avalon unit.............I'd be REALLY PISSED by now,not having a tracking # for my shipment or even an email explaining why that wasn't done  Angry

Plus NO POST in any forum explaining anything related to a shipping update  Angry

Yeah, BitSyncom is too busy arguing with Kano in this thread to do any actual Avalon work.
Pages:
Jump to: